• 97(current)
[RELEASE] Pneumatic
OP just meant opening post. Never mind about the 0.3, I was getting Pneumatic and Newznab confused

The malformed results and script errors seem to on every single newznab listed site I've tried...

I will pm you a log of what I mean
I have now added a new version 3.0.2 of the SABnzbd addon to my repo for easy installation.
Pneumatic | SABnzbd | XBMC that just works - openelec
(2013-01-17, 23:16)Popeye Wrote: I have now added a new version 3.0.1 of the SABnzbd addon to my repo for easy installation.

Just wanted to setup my main system. So we need to use extra SABnzbd addon from now on ?
(2013-01-17, 23:20)schumi2004 Wrote:
(2013-01-17, 23:16)Popeye Wrote: I have now added a new version 3.0.1 of the SABnzbd addon to my repo for easy installation.

Just wanted to setup my main system. So we need to use extra SABnzbd addon from now on ?

No, for now this is just something extra. When the time comes, all will be handled automagically Big Grin

A dedicated thread for the new old SABnzbd http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=152494
In your strm file format. There is a part "&nzbname="

Is that passed to the host site as a part of the URL?

It seem some sites do not allow that causing issue.
(2013-01-20, 10:32)Newsleecher Wrote: In your strm file format. There is a part "&nzbname="

Impossible Big Grin . The information in the strm url is parsed by pneumatic and then sent to SAB using their API. SAB then fetches whatever data in the url.
(2013-01-20, 10:51)Popeye Wrote:
(2013-01-20, 10:32)Newsleecher Wrote: In your strm file format. There is a part "&nzbname="

Impossible Big Grin . The information in the strm url is parsed by pneumatic and then sent to SAB using their API. SAB then fetches whatever data in the url.

Ok seems the sab api documentaion rules that out. But what if the URL does not contain ".nzb" file extension part. Will sab then give concerns? The sites I use do not return file extension.
(2013-01-20, 11:04)Newsleecher Wrote:
(2013-01-20, 10:51)Popeye Wrote:

Ok seems the sab api documentaion rules that out. But what if the URL does not contain ".nzb" file extension part. Will sab then give concerns? The sites I use do not return file extension.

The extension or not shouldn't matter. Sometimes the site api specifies "&dl=1" (for newznab) if the response should be a file or just a page...
(2013-01-20, 11:57)Popeye Wrote:
(2013-01-20, 11:04)Newsleecher Wrote:
(2013-01-20, 10:51)Popeye Wrote: Impossible Big Grin . The information in the strm url is parsed by pneumatic and then sent to SAB using their API. SAB then fetches whatever data in the url.

The extension or not shouldn't matter. Sometimes the site api specifies "&dl=1" (for newznab) if the response should be a file or just a page...

Ok I think I find the issue. First, I do know how the newsnab and pneumatic plugins is supposed to behave when everything is in good working order. I can browse and play from several sites. I can also save to library and stream from there too.

But for certain sites (2 of them) save to xmbc library ends up with error when trying to stream from there. I check the logs and there is no issues for the plugins. The issue comes into play with the nzb file itself. When they are moved into appropriate folder a control character (a box) is being appended at the end for some reason. The control character doesn't exist when download the nzb manually from the site.

Sab itself will then get this error causing plugin and xmbc issues:
WARNING: Invalid NZB file Name.Of.My.Movie.nzb, skipping (reason=not well-formed (invalid token), line=7851)

If I remove the control character from the end of nzb file manually then it works and sab is happy to download.

So I think there is at least 2 solutions:
Modify Sab to ignore the control characters in the nzb files. Or modify your plugins to strip out the control character before saving the nzb file. I think the second option is realistic. Can you please see what can be done?
(2013-01-20, 22:12)Newsleecher Wrote:
(2013-01-20, 11:57)Popeye Wrote:
(2013-01-20, 11:04)Newsleecher Wrote: Ok seems the sab api documentaion rules that out. But what if the URL does not contain ".nzb" file extension part. Will sab then give concerns? The sites I use do not return file extension.

Ok I think I find the issue. First, I do know how the newsnab and pneumatic plugins is supposed to behave when everything is in good working order. I can browse and play from several sites. I can also save to library and stream from there too.

But for certain sites (2 of them) save to xmbc library ends up with error when trying to stream from there. I check the logs and there is no issues for the plugins. The issue comes into play with the nzb file itself. When they are moved into appropriate folder a control character (a box) is being appended at the end for some reason. The control character doesn't exist when download the nzb manually from the site.

Sab itself will then get this error causing plugin and xmbc issues:
WARNING: Invalid NZB file Name.Of.My.Movie.nzb, skipping (reason=not well-formed (invalid token), line=7851)

If I remove the control character from the end of nzb file manually then it works and sab is happy to download.

So I think there is at least 2 solutions:
Modify Sab to ignore the control characters in the nzb files. Or modify your plugins to strip out the control character before saving the nzb file. I think the second option is realistic. Can you please see what can be done?

What version of XBMC are you using? And please pm a log when creating a strm and playing it. Also add the content of the strm file to the pm. Big Grin
I use frodo rc3: http://xbmc.org/natethomas/2013/01/03/xb...ndidate-3/

Unfortunately the log files contain too much info I am not willing to share with you. It's too bad because I would like to use your program with the sites I want to use.
(2013-01-20, 22:33)Newsleecher Wrote: I use frodo rc3: http://xbmc.org/natethomas/2013/01/03/xb...ndidate-3/

Unfortunately the log files contain too much info I am not willing to share with you. It's too bad because I would like to use your program with the sites I want to use.

Your on your own then...

(2013-01-20, 22:51)Popeye Wrote:
(2013-01-20, 22:33)Newsleecher Wrote: I use frodo rc3: http://xbmc.org/natethomas/2013/01/03/xb...ndidate-3/

Your on your own then...

Sure you have the right to take that position. But I provided very detailed information for you to look into fixing. There is nothing in my log files that will help you debug why control characters are being embedded into the nzbs.
(2013-01-20, 23:04)Newsleecher Wrote: So I think there is at least 2 solutions:

I didn't read properly Big Grin . Pneumatic has nothing to do with the nzb file. It merely sends the url to SAB and never touches the nzb. The fix is then in SAB or on your sites.

(2013-01-20, 23:09)Popeye Wrote:
(2013-01-20, 23:04)Newsleecher Wrote: So I think there is at least 2 solutions:

I didn't read properly Big Grin . Pneumatic has nothing to do with the nzb file. It merely sends the url to SAB and never touches the nzb. The fix is then in SAB or on your sites.

Ok seems reasonable. One more thing can you tell me, when I choose save to xbmc library. For some sites it saves just the strm file, and then when click play in the library it works fine. However for the problem sites it saves the strm files plus the nzb files into the library. Is it supposed to do that? I notice if I delete the local nzb file then it appears to work. Is there a way to prevent the nzb files from going into the library?
  • 97(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Pneumatic11