• 118(current)
[RELEASE] Pneumatic
Popeye, how is the new version coming along?
(2015-03-05, 18:15)timgt Wrote: Popeye, how is the new version coming along?

Slowly but surely. Have some random errors I want to solve before I'm done... Big Grin
Pneumatic | SABnzbd | XBMC that just works - openelec
Looking forward to it. Can't wait for it to show up online!
Nor can I Popeye! Looking forward to this... No more "no playable files" [THUMBS UP SIGN]
Hi,
I've used Newznab add-on before and loved it. But now I've had to reinstall windows I can not setup newznab any more. I'm tried to get it to connect to usenet-crawler but it wont. I've put in my api key, rss feed and also the ID from the rss.. Is there a site someone can direct me to that has a step by step setup guide?

Thanks
Any news About the new version Popeye? Cheers
(2015-04-12, 16:43)cooley Wrote: Hi,
I've used Newznab add-on before and loved it. But now I've had to reinstall windows I can not setup newznab any more. I'm tried to get it to connect to usenet-crawler but it wont. I've put in my api key, rss feed and also the ID from the rss.. Is there a site someone can direct me to that has a step by step setup guide?

Thanks

I had exactly the same problem, coincidentally also with usenet-crawler.
My problem was quite simple, hope it's the same for you.

I took a while to figure out that the field "Site 1" was where I had to put in my API key.
Previously I had taken the complete rss url including the API key.
Hi, I have a problem with Pneumatic.

Aside from the terrible completion of my usenet provider everything is working except one thing.

Whenever I stream something from Pneumatic or form newznab it starts streaming but when the download in sabnzbd is finished either kodi crashes or playback just stops.
My guess is that this is because my Sabnzbd does not have anything set for post-processing: this is the problem.

I have set the category Default on +Delete and I have created a category which I have also set in pneumatic with +Delete.
Yet when I start a download from Pneumatic is will download with the default category and strangely without any post-processing setting configured.

I don't care much for categories but there has to be a way to stop Kodi from crashing or stopping playback.

Anyone any idea?

Update:
1. Even when I have configured Pneumatic to ask me for a category and I choose the one I configured, Sabnzb will download using "Default" without post-processing.
2. When "allow_streaming" is set to "1" there is no change in what happens.
Popeye, first of all thank you for this phenomenal plugin. However I have been having some issues since the 4.0 Update. I hadn't updated to Kodi and the newest version of Pnuematic was crashing on me, so I simply rolled back the versions and it fixed my problem. I assumed my issue had to do with the fact that I hadn't updated to Kodi.

Today I decided to update to Kodi and I still can't get Pneumatic to work. I have also tried rolling back as I previously had but that no longer seems to work now that I am running Kodi.

The error I recieve occurs after the first and last .rar files have been completed. I get an error that says: "Script Failed: Pneumatic" and I think the portion of the log that represents the error is as follows:

Code:
14:03:49 T:3916   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.IndexError'>
                                            Error Contents: list index out of range
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.program.pneumatic\default.py", line 938, in <module>
                                                pre_play(nzbname, nzo=sab_nzo_id)
                                              File "C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.program.pneumatic\default.py", line 352, in pre_play
                                                return play_video(video_params)
                                              File "C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.program.pneumatic\default.py", line 506, in play_video
                                                if len(file_list) > 0 and not play_list[1].endswith(play_list[0]):
                                            IndexError: list index out of range
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--
14:03:49 T:3916 WARNING: CPythonInvoker(43, C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.program.pneumatic\default.py): the python script "C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.program.pneumatic\default.py" has left several classes in memory that we couldn't clean up. The classes include: class XBMCAddon::xbmcaddon::Addon
14:03:49 T:3916    INFO: Python script stopped
14:03:49 T:3916   DEBUG: Thread LanguageInvoker 3916 terminating
14:03:49 T:4976   DEBUG: ------ Window Init (DialogKaiToast.xml) ------
14:03:49 T:4976   DEBUG: ------ Window Deinit (DialogProgress.xml) ------
14:03:50 T:4480   DEBUG: Thread JobWorker 4480 terminating (autodelete)
14:03:50 T:4692   DEBUG: Thread JobWorker 4692 terminating (autodelete)
14:03:50 T:4972   DEBUG: Thread JobWorker 4972 terminating (autodelete)
14:03:50 T:4960   DEBUG: Thread JobWorker 4960 terminating (autodelete)
14:03:55 T:4976   DEBUG: ------ Window Deinit (DialogKaiToast.xml) ------

Can you help me resolve this?
Seems like I messed up a bit with the 0.4.X release. What I have discovered is that the tempfile fix breaks android, I have labeled things wrong in newznab and a few other things.
I really appreciate you helping out each other with minor issues.
teun95, a debug log will help identifying if communication with SAB is ok. You did restart SAB after the "allow_streaming = 1" setting?
bobx66, is this the case for everything you try? This specific part of the code is several years old so ...

Have to get the new release done before summer I guess Big Grin
Hi,

Just tumbled upon that plugin as i was looking at streaming directly from nzb. The idea is that somethimes i dont want to download and store movies but just watch them. Also useful when travelling.
My first question is obviously can Pneumatic do this? By that i mean:
- can i search for movie, press play and this is it ( with buffering of course Wink) I am quite confused by the setup which makes me wondering
- is there a way to clear the cache / remove the download upon movie completion?

Also i have been starting to look at the setup, especially newznab. I am using nzb.su. 2 questions until now:
- where do i put my api key? is it the "id"? Doesn't looks like it as i can only input numbers.
- what is the id?
- is there a way to have only one nzb engine and thus not being ask to choose one everytime?

Sorry for all those questions. I really like your plugin and i hope i can have it working.

Great job

EDIT: never mind i managed to have it all working!!! And i guess i have everything i need Big Grin
Only one question remains:
- can we resume a movie ? is there a direct access to paused/downloading movies?

Amazing project
Hey Popeye,

I really appreciate your work on this addon. I've been using it since before the name change.

I do like how you've broken out the addons, it must make development a lot easier with the modularity.

For the others, I wanted to post some details on how to set it up with usenet crawler.

Things you need:

Log into usenet crawler website and click your username. Then on that page, it will show you what your api/rss key is.

Copy that key into a text document.

Next, we need your sabnzb API key. So, find your sabnzb web interface:

http://127.0.0.1:8080 (if you installed it on your own computer)

Then go to Config -> General

Then in that menu, you need to copy the API key to your text document

Then go to Config -> Special
Make sure allow_streaming has a checkbox checked next to it
If not, check the check box and save your settings

UPDATE - this has to be done through the ini file, then restart sabnzbd

All configuration data is stored in the so-called INI file. Which INI file used, you can see on the Configuration main page.
The default location is:

Windows XP/2003 c:\documents and settings\user\local data\application data\sabnzbd\sabnzbd.ini
Windows Vista or 7 c:\Users\user\AppData\Local\sabnzbd\sabnzbd.ini
Unix $HOME/.sabnzbd/sabnzbd.ini
OSX /Users/user/Library/Application Support/SABnzbd/sabnzbd.ini

Then go to Config -> Folders
Temporary Download Folder = Change it to a new folder name: ex.
C:\Users\Myself\Downloads\incomplete2
The reason for this is the app got a little confused last time when I had a bunch of old junk in my incomplete folder, so this starts it fresh.
Save Changes

Next, download Popeyes repository from the first page in this thread. In Kodi, go to settings -> addons

Then choose install addon from zip file. Then navigate to where you downloaded that zip file. Users -> YourName -> Downloads -> repository.popeye-1.0.1.zip

Once installed:

In Kodi main screen:

System -> Addons -> Get Addons -> Popeye's Repo ->

Then, Program Add-ons -> Pneumatic (install it)
Program Add-ons -> SABnzbd (install it)

Then go back
Video Add-Ons -> Newznab (install it)
Video Add-Ons -> NzbTV (install it)

Ok, now configure SABnzb addon:

From Kodi Main Screen

System -> Add-ons -> Get Addons -> Popeye's Repo ->Program Add-ons ->

Right click and choose configure on SABnzbd

SABnzbIP = 127.0.0.1 (or what the IP address you used eariler is)
SABnzbAPI Key = paste it in

Then hit OK

Ok, now configure Newznab addon (this is just the thing that gets your usenet website information; newznab is a template type site for nzb browsing and indexing like wordpress is for blogs):

From Kodi Main Screen

System -> Add-ons -> Get Addons -> Popeye's Repo ->Video Add-ons ->

Click Newznab and choose configure:

Choose Site1

Display Name = Usenet Crawler
Site api URL = usenet-crawler.com/api
Site rss url = ignore
Use HTTPS = leave radio button blue
Site id (i) = ignore
Site 1 = paste that api key you got eariler

Click OK

Ok, now configure Pneumatic addon:

From Kodi Main Screen

System -> Add-ons -> Get Addons -> Popeye's Repo ->Program Add-ons ->

Right click and choose configure on Pnuematic.

General -> SABnzbd -> SABnzbd incomplete folder
This was C:\Users\Myself\Downloads\incomplete2
or whatever folder you set it to

Now, give it a test:

Kodi Main Screen

Videos -> Addons -> Newznab

Once you click on it you'll get a menu of a bunch of stuff

Go to TV -> (SubItem) SD

A list of SD TV shows appear

Click on the first one tv show you see like Dexter S02E011

Be Patient! Only click once! There is a API webservice call that's happening, so don't over click or your downloads will bunch up and cause chaos!

About 3 seconds later, a screen will pop up with the progress bar moving and text displaying what % complete the download is.

Then magically, it will start streaming. The video will play until the end. If you want to stop and resume your movie, just browse for it at C:\Users\Myself\Downloads\incomplete2

That will set everyone off to a good start.

Once the download is a certain partial amount (
phenomenal release Popeye!!

Quick question, i seem to be stuck in the "Select download directory" loop,

i installed all of the components from the repo yesterday, everything seems to be working, browse nzb.su download nzb... the download starts and every 10 seconds throws up the select download directory, i select the directory that has been created in incomplete and then it polls again later..

running Kodi 14.2 (on a Fire TV)

thanks
Does anyone know if this works via an android box?I keep getting "failed to write test rar to incomplete folder" error after filling in settings fields and pressing OK it reverts back to the settings feild and produces the error just mentioned.
Being that apple has abandoned the SMB protocol and AFP isnt working for me either I am accessing the sabnzbd folder via "Windows SMB" and the "SMBup.app via my mac mini on the same network.The box has an ethernet and wifi connection.I have tried both ethernet and wifi set the same on both devices and its just not working.What am I doing wrong?Funny thing is I am able to play my tv and movies via smb
from the mac mini to Android box with no problems at all and even access my sickbeard and couchpotato via the addons.
Lastly,is this addon currently working for android or have I just been wasting my time??I have tired both helix and isengaurd builds and have even rolled back the releases to 3.0 but all give the same error or "wrong ip or port number on version 3.0 which cant be the case because I have accessed my sabnzbd via the addon with the same ip and port credentiials.All and all I am at a loss.Does anybody have this working with a somewhat similar setup via SMB??

Any help or advice is appreciated
Thanks
(2015-07-11, 22:34)wolverine30008 Wrote: Does anyone know if this works via an android box?I keep getting "failed to write test rar to incomplete folder" error after filling in settings fields and pressing OK it reverts back to the settings feild and produces the error just mentioned.
Being that apple has abandoned the SMB protocol and AFP isnt working for me either I am accessing the sabnzbd folder via "Windows SMB" and the "SMBup.app via my mac mini on the same network.The box has an ethernet and wifi connection.I have tried both ethernet and wifi set the same on both devices and its just not working.What am I doing wrong?Funny thing is I am able to play my tv and movies via smb
from the mac mini to Android box with no problems at all and even access my sickbeard and couchpotato via the addons.
Lastly,is this addon currently working for android or have I just been wasting my time??I have tired both helix and isengaurd builds and have even rolled back the releases to 3.0 but all give the same error or "wrong ip or port number on version 3.0 which cant be the case because I have accessed my sabnzbd via the addon with the same ip and port credentiials.All and all I am at a loss.Does anybody have this working with a somewhat similar setup via SMB??

Any help or advice is appreciated
Thanks

Yes, I made a stupid update of the temp file writing breaking some android devices. If you know a tiny bit of python you should be able to fix it by reverting, https://github.com/TsUPeR/xbmc-pneumatic...cdca4d60d8

This will be fixed once I manage to get my coding going again.. Big Grin
  • 118(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Pneumatic11