• 4(current)
Design Flaws / Missing Features
stoli Wrote:I use playlists all the time - select the list, queue it or play it.

Thankyou, I have tried again, queuing, and then using play (rather than enter) did indeed give me a random playlist that played one after the other.... Doh! Thanks I was hoping it was me, but i had tried a whole bunch of combos without success.

I will now be an avid Neon user! Cheers!

Edit: I have spoken too soon, I think their really is a problem.
While i did get a full playlist, now when i do the exact same thing i only get one file, i have to queue each file in the playlist, as it's only doing the one again! It's driving me batty!
@IAmNotAUser - Don't use HD Movies? Smile That's a remnant of Night, I'll see what wrong and update accordingly.
-stoli-
I'm running from git (just switched from the repository to it) and since I made the switch, new HD movies that I add don't seem to appear in the HD Movies section Confused Down't know if it's relates!

IAmNotAUser Wrote:Updated to the latest SVN this evening and thought I'd give some feedback on a few issues I've found and see if they're intentional or not. Smile

Firstly, in the "HD Movies" section, it looks like you cut out a load of views, leaving only Poster, Media Info 2, Slim List and Files. Was this deliberate? None of the views are showing any media information displays, a la Movies or TV that show resolution, codecs etc.

Secondly, in the same section, collections are displayed before regular movies even with Sort By: Name set to ascending. I'm sure it never used to do that, and again, original Movies is just fine.

Finally, discovered this when I encountered my first issue - in HD Movies, if you press up twice in order to change the view, and the viewtype is Poster then the 2 row don't match up to each otherl The bottom row has an extra column added that throws it all out. I'd take a screenshot for you but it doesn't seem to be creating them.

Thanks for all your work Smile
stoli Wrote:@_ak1_ - what happens if you are in library mode?

I just tested this with two MKVs.
When displaying the info in video fullscreen I've got "IMDB" and "Directed by" in the lower right corner. That's partially overlapped by the cover thumbnail. Below that there's the chapter count and the total number of chapters. No chapter name.

One screenshot attached.
http://img806.imageshack.us/i/neon3.png/
stoli Wrote:@IAmNotAUser - Don't use HD Movies? Smile That's a remnant of Night, I'll see what wrong and update accordingly.

Haha, yea I might have to use that option Wink I seem to have broken it!

Thanks for being so receptive to all the issues I bring in with me, I'll do my best to get screenshots working just in case you don't see the faults I've found.

Edit: Just an update, the reason the layout looks out of line, is it's missing the heading "View options" as the second column header.

Whilst discovering that, in TV I also discovered you seem to have the 16x9 "View options" backwards, it says "Use Logo" when the logo isn't being used, and vice-versa. Smile
First of all thanks for the an awesome skin.

I have custom backgrounds set up for the various items on the home screen, but when i press up to access the recently added items ( the thumbnails that are there when recently added is enable) the background switches to the original background you have with the skin. Is it possible to prevent this from happening
stoli Wrote:@_ak1_ - what happens if you are in library mode?

I don´t want to use librarymode for my childrens movies. I want to separate them from my own moves and make my own thumbnails. The only viewmodes that are available are: Poster, Wall & Files. The wall mode is a little hard to navigate for a child. The wallmode in aeon is much simpler.

Thanks for taking your time to answer. I hope you can help me because I really want to use this skin, its the best!

/Thanks
@cledus - I'll add some more views in file mode.
-stoli-
simplechords Wrote:First of all thanks for the an awesome skin.

I have custom backgrounds set up for the various items on the home screen, but when i press up to access the recently added items ( the thumbnails that are there when recently added is enable) the background switches to the original background you have with the skin. Is it possible to prevent this from happening

It should switch to the background for the recently added show/movie. Do they have fanart?
-stoli-
Hi stoli, thanks for this awsome skin!

The only things i miss are some nice views for my rom collection. It would be great if you can add some views for the launcher plugin.
I LOVE this skin. I just started using it last night and it quickly become the favorite of the family - it's now our default. Smile

I have a feature add/enhancement request. On previous skins I've used, the SHUTDOWN menu choice, when selected, brings up a submenu/icons for the type of shutdown you want to perform (actual computer shutdown, hibernate, suspend, or quit/exit to the OS desktop). With Neon, you don't get the submenu/icon choices. I know you can assign a function in SETTINGS for the Shutdown menu behavior, but it will perform only that one programmed function (either shutdown, hibernate, quit, etc).

My HTPC runs on Win7 and boots into XBMC on startup to make it easier for family usage. On occasion, I need to be able to exit XBMC to the desktop so my son can play Angry Birds on the big screen or when I need to do maintenance and don't feel like connecting into the HTPC remotely. When exiting XBMC, I'd like to be able to have the choice of going to the Win7 desktop or shutting down entirely. Can this be added?

Thanx,
Kris
Mathazar Wrote:I LOVE this skin. I just started using it last night and it quickly become the favorite of the family - it's now our default. Smile

I have a feature add/enhancement request. On previous skins I've used, the SHUTDOWN menu choice, when selected, brings up a submenu/icons for the type of shutdown you want to perform (actual computer shutdown, hibernate, suspend, or quit/exit to the OS desktop). With Neon, you don't get the submenu/icon choices. I know you can assign a function in SETTINGS for the Shutdown menu behavior, but it will perform only that one programmed function (either shutdown, hibernate, quit, etc).

Can this be added?

Thanx,
Kris

Glad you like the skin. Press the down arrow when on Shutdown and you will have all of your options.
-stoli-
rob87 Wrote:Hi stoli, thanks for this awsome skin!

The only things i miss are some nice views for my rom collection. It would be great if you can add some views for the launcher plugin.

In time... Now with wide-release I'm waiting for the remaining bugs to get flushed out and fixed and then I will start adding new features.

Thanks,
-stoli-
stoli Wrote:@cledus - I'll add some more views in file mode.

Thank you thank you thank you!
_ak1_ Wrote:I just tested this with two MKVs.
When displaying the info in video fullscreen I've got "IMDB" and "Directed by" in the lower right corner. That's partially overlapped by the cover thumbnail. Below that there's the chapter count and the total number of chapters. No chapter name.

One screenshot attached.
http://img806.imageshack.us/i/neon3.png/

Can you PM me a link for a file/torrent with chapter titles?
-stoli-
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Design Flaws / Missing Features0