Help! No Sound!
Hi

I'm new to XBMC, I recently set up my system, I'm using the Live version on a Acer Aspire Revo R3700 Desktop plugged into a Samsung TV.

I tried to follow this guide to setup:-

http://uk.lifehacker.com/5391308/build-a...-the-cheap

I downloaded Live from this site and used UNebootin to put the installer on a USB stick.

I think it refers to an older version of XBMC Live as some of the setup menus were different so I set up the sound etc myself.

Right now I get sound for dvds I've copied (I just did a rip of the TS folders) but I don't get any sounds for any files I have (.MKV, .AVI etc etc) I also don't have any menu sounds but right now thats more of a nice to have.

I've also installed XBMC on a windows PC and the audio for these files plays fine.

Can anyone help please?

My audio output settings:-

Audio Output = HDMI
Speak configuration = 2.0
Boost Volume Level on downmix = yes
Dold Digital (AC3) capable receiver = yes
DTS Capable receive = yes
Audio Output Device = HDA Nvidia hdmi
Passthrough output device = HDA Nvidia hdmi

I did a forum seach before I started but couldn't find anyone with this problem, but I noticed others with sound issues have posted the output from "aplay..." I'm not sure what that is or how to do it....

Thanks in advance!
Disable dolby and dts if your only using a tv for audio

cheers
HTPC 1 : Acer revo R3700 ion2 HTPC 2 :Apple TV2 HTPC 3 : Apple TV2 HTPC4 Acer revo R3700 ion2 Remote : x2 Riimote2
SERVER : 10TB Ubuntu Server 10.04, dual wintv nova hd s2 cards, tvheadend, Newcs, Omnikey reader, White *Sky uk* Card, Mysql Db, Sabnzbdplus, SickBeard, Couchpotato, FlexRaid. :cool:
--------------------------------------------
harryzimm Wrote:Disable dolby and dts if your only using a tv for audio

cheers

Thanks!!! That's fixed the sound playback issue!!!!

I can't believe it was that simple.

Thanks Again!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Help! No Sound!0