[IDEA] Random fanart background + play button
Lightbulb 
Hi,

Lots of skins use the thumbnail direcotry to randomly show a background image for menus - lots of times I see the fanart and want to play that fanart's movie.

So, would it be possible to create a plugin (like recentlyadded) that can be used to show a random fanart (like REfocus, Aeon MQ2, etc) and then press up+select to play that current fanart's movie, possibly even to be able to integrate into skins, so that skinners can use it?

Any though, I am a new to python but would love to have a crack at it, just want to know if this is even possible.

Cheers,
Current setup:
Amlogic M3/MX + Linux + BOXiK Skin + Pioneer vsx520 + Dali Lektor 6

Previous setup:
Revo 3700 + flirc + OpenElec nightlies + Quartz + Pioneer vsx520 + Dali Lektor 6
atv1 + Crystalbuntu + XBMC nightly + xperience1080
started working on it, though stuck at one point.. for this to work i am using AlarmClock to run the script every so often and randomly select some movie and populate the window with the movie data. I also coded in my skin an onup command to show a button and when pressed will play the movie.

problem is that AlarmClock is in minutes so I can set it to run every minute, which is not often enough for me, anyone has another suggestion?

I also used time.sleep in the script, so I run the script every 2 mins and choose 4 movies with sleep(30) between them, that works but I aslo want to cancel the timer when I do onup in the skin..

so a bit stuck here.. :<
Current setup:
Amlogic M3/MX + Linux + BOXiK Skin + Pioneer vsx520 + Dali Lektor 6

Previous setup:
Revo 3700 + flirc + OpenElec nightlies + Quartz + Pioneer vsx520 + Dali Lektor 6
atv1 + Crystalbuntu + XBMC nightly + xperience1080
Ilia Wrote:Hi,

Lots of skins use the thumbnail direcotry to randomly show a background image for menus - lots of times I see the fanart and want to play that fanart's movie.

So, would it be possible to create a plugin (like recentlyadded) that can be used to show a random fanart (like REfocus, Aeon MQ2, etc) and then press up+select to play that current fanart's movie, possibly even to be able to integrate into skins, so that skinners can use it?

Any though, I am a new to python but would love to have a crack at it, just want to know if this is even possible.

Cheers,

gr8 idea !!!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[IDEA] Random fanart background + play button0