XBMC LIVE on Zotac Zbox HD-ID11 REMOTE HELP!
Smile 
Rolleyesok where to start?

well i just upgraded my old Xbox with XBMC to a Zbox now installed with Xbox live from thumb drive.i mostly did it for the HDMI output. i installed 500GB hard drive with 2GB Ram.everything working fine but now im just having trouble working the REMOTE. i searched all threads and found no answer.so hopefully someone can help me. i went to frys and bought a SIIG Vista MCE Remote Controller

(http://www.frys.com/product/5390958?site...IN_RSLT_PG)

So i plug in the USB IR and it flashes red but then turns off.no respone in XBMC with remote.looked everywhere on how to fix issue but no luck! so my question is . 1.does anyone know how to fix problem or 2. which control can i buy that will make this alot easyier?

i am using my iphone for a remote for now but a control is alot better for me

thank you for anyone who helps Smile
Try OpenELEC. It worked for me on the same Zotac machine: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=97864
that looks pretty cool.but let me get this straight if i install this then it should auto detect the remote? and for more understanding i put this program on a flash drive then install? cuz i already have XBMC LIVe installed on the pc. how would i install the one u where talking about?
that looks pretty cool.but let me get this straight if i install this then it should auto detect the remote? and for more understanding i put this program on a flash drive then install? cuz i already have XBMC LIVe installed on the pc. how would i install the one u where talking about?
Try changing the usb plug in port. You don't want to use the ones between the network plug in and the estat plug in. They don't work well with the IR.
The receiver that you purchased should be okay. I would leave out the usb extension cable at the moment, if yours came with one. One issue at a time.

To late for me to offer much help, but tomorrow I will try and look up some of the info that I had used. But for the most part, remote should work without issue. Only thing that I had issue with, besides the usb plugs that I mentioned, was with the sleep and wake. But even that was pretty simple.
ok so i did the openelec which i gatta say seems alot better lol. loads faster and better. i installed thier ION 64bit ver, was that a good choice? is thier any tweaks i can do to take it to the MAX lol? and i fixed the audio but like always no audio in the GUI but i know they need to fix that.

also i tried pluging in the USB IR into all ports and nothing picks up.is thier a fix for this or is thier a better Remote i can just buy?
I have the same device and use without problems this IR unit: http://www.cohaus-berlin.de/shop/RC6-Inf...5g23kglno4
in combination with a cheap logitech harmony 515.

It works very well!
do u know if u have to sync it with the remote it came with? thier was not instruction in the box lol.i tired looking on amazon for a new one but i dont want to buy one thats going to give me the same problem
No I didn´t had to sync anything.
I programed the harmony as a MCE Remote.
After that it directly worked.

Just plug & play
right right oh but i was asking about my remote. but i mean i want to get a new one off amazon but i just dont know which one would be good and just ready to go.
Enrix69er Wrote:right right oh but i was asking about my remote. but i mean i want to get a new one off amazon but i just dont know which one would be good and just ready to go.

The HP MCE Remote works out of the Box on OpenELEC and XBMC Live:
http://cgi.ebay.com/HP-Wireless-Remote-M...5adfb16818
THANK U Smile , seems really good. yea just wanted something simple. i work all day and have a daughter so i dont have time to be messing around like i use too lol.

another question: is thier any Tweaks i can do to XBMC for my ZBOX? like to enhance performance?
With OpenELEC you don't need any tweaks. It's the fastest XBMC experience possible on your box.
@GOODRIDDANCE

I also have a 515 and am looking to match it up, which model of reciever did you use? CoHaus seem to have a number of different models available, or do you think that any of their r6 recievers would do the job?

One of the recievers (Microsoft® OEM RC6 Infrared Receiver, Model OVU4003 refurbished) looks a lot like one that I got with an Hauppauge tuner card a while ago, I guess it might be worth trying to dig that out to see if that will work before buying anything else.
Just for completeness and to help anyone else out there trying to answer this question.

I now have my Harmony 515 working with the Microsoft® OEM RC6 Infrared Receiver, Model OVU4003 that I bought from http://www.cohaus-berlin.de

Pretty much plug and play, the remote needs to be programmed, but that only takes a few minutes with the Harmony software.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC LIVE on Zotac Zbox HD-ID11 REMOTE HELP!0