• 6(current)
[RELEASE] VODie - Video On Demand Ireland - RTE, TV3 and TG4
Thanks for your efforts anyway liam! Smile
Alrighty, this appears to be mostly working again after the TV3 changes.

As before, replace the TV3Scrapper.py file with this new one

I think I'll collect up the various patches from this thread into one new VODie-fork and stick it onto github, although it might take me a while to get around to that.

Also, the list of programs in the plugin is not fetched from the site, rather it's fetched separately from the original developer's googlecode site. Which might not be maintained any more. May take a look at that too and relink to a public Dropbox folder or something.

This appears to cause some issues where the plugin is trying to fetch details for programs which don't exist really, and badness ensues.

Anyhow: try this out, post back here if you notice issues and I will look into them eventually. Not much time over the Christmas for this sort of thing of course.

Cheers
Liam
It turns out that making a github repos is moderately trivial.

So the current patched version of VODie (for the moment) lives in github here https://github.com/liamf/VODieR

I called it 1.1.3a as it's just a small patch rev over the 1.1.3 from the original developer's repository.

Rolled up releases can be fetched from https://github.com/liamf/VODieR/tags

You can fork this repos and hack away on it. Suggest that until the original developer starts working on this again, we use the github repos as the current latest. It will make it easier than trawling this forum to find the latest fixes.

kitesurfing can have his project back whenever s/he wants .. when the google code repos becomes active again I'll delete the github one.
that was quick, thank you very much, Will try it out when I get home.

edit, the zip file had to be repacked, the one on github wasn't installing correctly, but a quick extract, open folder and a zip made of the folder inside worked wonders.
Once again, thank you very much.
Thanks for your efforts Liam. I don't suppose you know why if I try to rename VODie's folder to something like , well , "VODie" it gives me a script error? I've been banging on about this for ages but poor me I always get ignored. I'm using it on the XBOX and having it named "plugin.video.vodie" looks awful. I thought it might be a minor fix so that's why I'm asking.
VanZan Wrote:I don't suppose you know why if I try to rename VODie's folder to something like , well , "VODie" it gives me a script error? I've been banging on about this for ages but poor me I always get ignored. I'm using it on the XBOX and having it named "plugin.video.vodie" looks awful. I thought it might be a minor fix so that's why I'm asking.

As a matter of fact, I do. It would be a simple change for you in your local copy.

First, in the file addon.xml in the top level, change the addon id to the new directory name.

Then, in a few files - I think just two although there might be a couple more - at the top of the file there is a line

Code:
__settings__ = xbmcaddon.Addon(id='plugin.video.vodie')

This has to match the top-level directory name, under addons.

So if you change the top-level directory name, you have to change this too. I renamed the dir to VODie for the laugh on my test installation on a Win7 laptop, and when I changed the above to

Code:
__settings__ = xbmcaddon.Addon(id='VODie')

in VODie.py and MagnetWebTvScrapper.py it fired up fine and I could watch TV3.

HTH

Liam
I'll give that a try. Very many thanks Liam and Merry Christmas.
With the new RTE Player app out for iPhone\iPad, I wonder if there are better quality streams to be got?
Vodie seems to be very intermittent today for some reason. Is anyone else having this problem? Happy Christmas
Just installed this today on Apple TV2 with XBMC Eden but it wont stream anything. I can get as far as the listings ie; Savage Eye Christmas Special, but when I select I just get an empty directory listing? Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Tom
thos Wrote:Just installed this today on Apple TV2 with XBMC Eden but it wont stream anything. I can get as far as the listings ie; Savage Eye Christmas Special, but when I select I just get an empty directory listing? Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Tom

Scratch that - I just seemed to pick a few duds, 90% of everthing else seems to be working.
looks like TV3 have made some changes again. Nothing propagating after dec 30.

On the site there seems to have been a new (or new to me at least) most talk about listing
lusephur Wrote:looks like TV3 have made some changes again. Nothing propagating after dec 30.

On the site there seems to have been a new (or new to me at least) most talk about listing

Well dammit, do they think I have ~nothing~ better to do, or what? Rolleyes

Actually, it turns out, I am busy on other home projects at the moment. If someone wants to take a look at the github code, feel free.

Otherwise I will get to this, probably at or shortly after the weekend.

Liam
excellent, thank you.
Would attempt it myself, but to be honest I've no idea where to start.
Start here.
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] VODie - Video On Demand Ireland - RTE, TV3 and TG41