• 3(current)
NOX - an ATV like skin [BETA for testing]
Hitcher Wrote:Today's hacks are tomorrow's features. Wink

You speak like buddha....lol. Smile
To learn more, click here.
Is there any way to add a custom global Background?
I love your skin but my telly whimpers in case of a dark display.
Just updated to:

Current ver. 0.0.8 - Dharma 10/10.1 compatible (not tested on nightly builds)

More bugs smashed. Added option to hide fanart. Added Apple arrows to folder items.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

Glorion Wrote:Is there any way to add a custom global Background?
I love your skin but my telly whimpers in case of a dark display.

Not added yet, BUT you can overwrite existing ones with your own. They are in skin.nox/fanart Wink
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

Thanks. :-)
But my wish is to change the global default black Background. I hope you could find the time to add that feature.

And by the way it is the fastest skin i've tested on the the atv 2. Really snappy.
wyrm Wrote:WingmanNZ,

While you might have noticed that I'm an Aussie (and so not shy about claiming Kiwi stuff as my ownWink ) I think it would be nice to cut my Kiwi mates a bit of slack. That and really I think the home screen on the new AppleTV is a bit of a iPod Shuffle (previous gen) as far as gui's go. It's ok if you can read, but my kids use the icons as a guide to navigating around the skin, it just does not work. I salute you for sticking so close to the original interface, but it really holds you back. Just the same I REALLY like a number of the animations on the AppleTV, so some of them will make their way over to my skin at some point.

At any rate the boss has just reminded me that I'm off on holiday in 20 days, so no time to add a new home screen at this point. May look at it when I get back (as an option to people that want it). So thanks for the okey doky on this.

Wyrm (xTV-SAF)

I meant no disrespect mate and no, i didnt notice you were an Aussie. What i meant was, I value your respect for waiting to see what we come up with but as we are all in it for making better interfaces there is no issue with you going ahead and adding a home screen the same. I mean its Apples design not mine. we are focusing on making it 1:1 so that's us and you should feel open and fee to do what you like Smile no disrespect or anger at all mate!

cheers,

WingmanNZ
WingmanNZ Wrote:I meant no disrespect mate and no, i didnt notice you were an Aussie. What i meant was, I value your respect for waiting to see what we come up with but as we are all in it for making better interfaces there is no issue with you going ahead and adding a home screen the same. I mean its Apples design not mine. we are focusing on making it 1:1 so that's us and you should feel open and fee to do what you like Smile no disrespect or anger at all mate!

cheers,

WingmanNZ
Bloody kiwi's,

You make a joke at their expense and they don't even bite. I meant we have claimed Sam Neil, the Finn Brothers and others as our own (You can keep Rus Crow, we don't what himRofl).

No aggro given or taken mate. As to new home screens, too busy pulling my hair out over adding weather plus support to the skin. May revisit the idea sometime in the distant future, just not now. Thanks just the same.

Wyrm (xTV-SAF)
If required a FULL debug log can now be submitted from the skin in settings->skin settings->support. Or follow instructions here if you can't access skin settings.

FAQ's located at :- http://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:AppTV
Pecinko thanks for this excellent new XBMC skin. I've tested quite a few and must say that, for my personal taste, this is one of the very best! I would recommend to stick to the current "lightweight" style because that's what sets this apart from most other skins.

Most skins have all kind of hidden windows popping up when moving the arrow keys left, right or bottom. For family members that are not so fanatic about XBMC as we are, but just want to watch movies, this can be very confusing.
Your "Nox" skin is very clean and easy to use.

Thanks for sharing it!
Great skin, simple & easy to use, but date, time & weather are shown only in settings and can you make option for custom fanart on now playing music, only default background is available at the moment
s364266 Wrote:Most skins have all kind of hidden windows popping up when moving the arrow keys left, right or bottom. For family members that are not so fanatic about XBMC as we are, but just want to watch movies, this can be very confusing.
Your "Nox" skin is very clean and easy to use.

Primary aim for NOX is to provide simple, elegant and thin interface so anybody can use Xbmc easily - i.e. to be elegant and efficient tool for htpc rather than over colorful encyclopedia.

I'm preparing a new release with support for custom backgrounds and some bugfixes but skin will remain light and simple. Name will be changed to avoid possible confusion with other skins and to better reflect fact that skin theme can be changed from black, making it very colorful (if you like).
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

nemanjathug Wrote:Great skin, simple & easy to use, but date, time & weather are shown only in settings and can you make option for custom fanart on now playing music, only default background is available at the moment

First one probably won't be changed. What did you have in mind?

Second one will be there in next release.

Pozdrav,

pećinko :-)
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

Quote:I'm preparing a new release with support for custom backgrounds...
Thank you so much.
Sad 
Perfect skin!!!, but for Apple TV 2 issues: 1) problems with keyboard to use plugins content search, doesn't work at all 2) no music, movies, tv shows in main menu, doesn't work at all, only media content in submenu.
alexdzn Wrote:Perfect skin!!!, but for Apple TV 2 issues: 1) problems with keyboard to use plugins content search, doesn't work at all 2) no music, movies, tv shows in main menu, doesn't work at all, only media content in submenu.

Menus are only active if you have content in your library. Try adding some in media sources.

Or did I misunderstood you? Try to explain some more, please.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

pecinko Wrote:First one probably won't be changed. What did you have in mind?

Second one will be there in next release.

Pozdrav,

pećinko :-)

evo nesto kao ovo na screen-u, u principu da onog izodjaca sto slusas imas kao pozadinu (ovo je sa neon skin-a) Image

pozdrav i srecno u daljem radu :-)
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
NOX - an ATV like skin [BETA for testing]6