[LINUX] cant add movies folder
Hello, Im currently running Linux Mint 10 (based on Ubuntu) and Im having trouble adding my movies to XBMC. I tried looking for an SVN on my XMBC but I couldn't find it, sorry. I installed it this afternoon, via Synaptic Package Manager.

I currently have my media in a VIDEOS folder (i.e home/user/videos/) and inside the videos folder I have a TV show folder, as well as a Movies folder.

When I add a source for the TV shows, I can browse to home/user/videos/tv and add the main folder (of which I can see individual show folders inside of it) normally.

When I try to add my movies (home/user/videos/movies), the folder appears empty.

I can't figure out why this is happening. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks for your time.
indecks Wrote:When I add a source for the TV shows, I can browse to home/user/videos/tv and add the main folder (of which I can see individual show folders inside of it) normally.

When I try to add my movies (home/user/videos/movies), the folder appears empty.

I can't figure out why this is happening. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks for your time.

For your setup you do not add /videos as a source. For your movies add the source using browse and select /home/user/videos/movies. Set the content type for the scanner as Movies then set
scan recursively and run automatic scan. When you close it out the scanner should start and load in your movies. When that's done scanning do the same for TV shows but select TV Shows as the content type but there's no recursive selection for TV. When all done scanning go to the skin settings Home section and make sure the Hide Videos and TV boxes are off. When all done you should have Movies snd TV Shows items on your main menu. That's called "Library Mode"
Mythbuntu doesn't need viruses - we have Sudo

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[LINUX] cant add movies folder0