ListItem.Cast label empty
According to the wiki -

Quote:Shows a concatenated string of cast members of the currently selected movie in a list or thumb control

But I can't get it to show anything in a list.

Bug?

Thanks.
I would like it to work too.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

not a bug. problem is it requires many extra queries which slows down the listing tons...
So it's no longer used and should be removed from the wiki?
no, it's available in the info dialog... eventually we'll add background fetching of info, then it will be avail in the listings as well (after a brief delay).
OK, cheers.
There is ugly true, again. When developers don't write documentation/wiki how to use their system this the same as they write it only for themself. That's why I stop develop my skin because I didn't have a reliable source of information about skinning components.
AsRock 330 HT, 2GB RAM, 320GB HDD, Openelec 3.2.4
Intel NUC D54250WYK, 4GB RAM, Kingston 120GB SSD, OpenELEC-Generic.x86_64-devel-20131126081257-r16438
I wrote the vast majority of what is there, and none of it was written for my benefit - it was all done for you guys - after all, I wrote the majority of the skin engine so know most of the nuances anyway (and if not, I have the sources in front of me that gives me the answer).

Furthermore, I have requested on many occasions for others to help out. And others have helped out. Hitcher, ronie, Jezz_X and others have helped keep it up to date. The wiki is exactly that - a wiki. It will only be as good as the community makes it. The skinning manual is not complete, I agree, but it's far more complete than the rest of the wiki due to the continued efforts of the above, for which I am most grateful.

So if you want better docs, help out. That may be simply pointing out little issues that aren't obvious to you and suggesting where it might be documented so that others can add it.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Jmarshall, I did't want to be rude so my post wasn't something personal I know you make a good job and don't be angry for me if I can say something not very kind. But I have similiar problem in my job, everybody write applications but nobody cares a lot about good documentation. That's maybe fine for coders (they know the code and know how it works), maybe users as almost every UI is intuitive now but the worst have people who want to do something in the middle, as UI coders. They have graphic skills and some code skills but no everybody has to be C++ programmer and know what that means when they look into xbmc code. From my posision this is everything in good workflow practice: I have idea, I share it with people and get response, I code, I test, I implement and I update the documentation as much as I know about the update with revision of course. IMHO the last stop couldn't be done that: ok guys I done my job do yours. In that complex project the most important is integrity. As I was a PHP programmer I can tell that manual for PHP is good and give you most of the knowlege you have to write the code because it updated. But this is only my opinion, you maybe works in different way. At last if I say something rude I did't have that intention, english is not my native and I can't to be subtle. I only give my suggestions. Cheers.
AsRock 330 HT, 2GB RAM, 320GB HDD, Openelec 3.2.4
Intel NUC D54250WYK, 4GB RAM, Kingston 120GB SSD, OpenELEC-Generic.x86_64-devel-20131126081257-r16438
I agree with your sentiments but really there's only so much I can do here - particularly if I don't know what is missing.

So, we need help. You could help. Please help!

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ListItem.Cast label empty0