Can Zacate platform really deliver the Glorious 1080p?
I've built a lot of overpowered, overpriced PCs in my day. I'm starting to see the error of my ways on my light bill...

Can the Zacate platform really deliver on the high bitrate 1080p content? Like Blu-Ray rips? My concern is this article from Tom's Hardware wherein he mentions something about CUDA performance looks like crap, which is one of the main selling points of this platform?

At the 'Conclusion' of the article he says something makes me think I should wait for Llano: "Had AMD been given a choice, I don’t think it would have decided to use Zacate and Ontario as the springboards for heralding the arrival of Fusion. As fate would have it, though, we’ll have to wait for the Sabine platform’s 32 nm Llano APU (expected in Q2’11) for a better look inside AMD’s plans for the future."

So what do you guys think? For good 1080p playback - Is Zacate delivering? When does the CUDA thing become an issue? Encoding only?
As a proud Zacate owner, EATS 1080P for breakfast and then SOME. Cuda applies to Nvidia not AMD/ATI. Amd uses Ati Stream which takes away all the cpu utilization by using the gpu to accelerate (DXVA) Media. I really never cared for benchmarks or reviews from sites, as most of the time it's not a finished product when they review it. I care more about owners reviews....people who have had the product for more than a day and actually took the time to tweak there system and how they use it on a day to day basis. Zacate is a great product that delivers everything you need for as low as $110, for a mobo, a dual core cpu, and a gpu. From a real user's review(Me) and other's here will also tell you that it is a damn good set up. Llano will be great no doubt about that, at is aimed to compete with the Intel i3 set up. So I am assuming prices will be around that range as well, for right now....you can't top a Zacate build in Value for the amount of BANG you are getting for you hard earned Buck.
homewrek Wrote:As a proud Zacate owner, EATS 1080P for breakfast and then SOME..

Thanks for that homewrek, now where's that wiki guy..?
*EDIT* Nevermind he already weighed in on my question here
He just didn't know it:rolleyes2:

"1080p MKV h.264 - 13-15% CPU usage/19-20w draw" sounds good to me. I'll post another with my shopping list for feedback.
Thanks guys.

Has there been anything you tried that the Zacate couldn't do? Any problematic media file playbacks? multi-tasking?
See my thread.....
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=97899
Mine works great could not be happier!!
Fine. I capitulate. You win. I can find nothing wrong with Zacate as the ultimate 1080p Hi Definition, kick-ass multi-tasking, low energy($), quietest, tiny footprint (micro-ATX), & least expensive XBMC solution.

Happy?
I'll post a list of parts for my build on another post for feedback.
Zacate is the TOP Hi-Def platform for me!!
i bought my HTPC just before it was released...
i missed it,,, oh well,,, maybe someday, it'll be mine Tongue
Hi guys,

am i wrong or with Zacate no 3d films? From my poor english i could understand that only CUDA can send really 3d films to tv 3d

thnks

Ale
robby naish Wrote:Hi guys,

am i wrong or with Zacate no 3d films? From my poor english i could understand that only CUDA can send really 3d films to tv 3d

thnks

Ale

The only thing that does 3d is Sandy Bridge, or a dedicated gpu, like a gt 430 and above.
homewrek Wrote:The only thing that does 3d is Sandy Bridge, or a dedicated gpu, like a gt 430 and above.
Maybe I'm missing something but AMD has 3D support Supported Hardware, maybe it doesn't work in XBMC and that's what you are saying.

And Llano will have 3D support as well as far as I know.

By the way this is a mobile Llano against a mobile Core i7.
KiSUAN Wrote:Maybe I'm missing something but AMD has 3D support Supported Hardware, maybe it doesn't work in XBMC and that's what you are saying.

And Llano will have 3D support as well as far as I know.

By the way this is a mobile Llano against a mobile Core i7.

Actually I was recommending....the gt 430 for it's price point and the success people have had using it, as appose to a more expensive Ati card that supports 3d. As for Llano, it's not available yet....that's why I just recommended what is available now.
FYI radeon hd 5450 is cheaper and also capable of 3d

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Can Zacate platform really deliver the Glorious 1080p?0