Channel Preview, crashes after some time.
Hi,
whenever I select a channel on the pvr, it goes into preview mode, but after some time (say seconds), it crashes xbmc as a whole, here is the link to the (huge) crashlog:
Huge 4MB crashlog
could you install gdb and provide a new crashlog please. can't reproduce it here.
opdenkamp / dushmaniac

xbmc-pvr [Eden-PVR builds] [now included in mainline XBMC, so no more source link here :)]
personal website: [link]

Found a problem with PVR? Report it on Trac, under "PVR - core components". Please attach the full debug log.

If you like my work, please consider donating to me and/or Team XBMC.
dushmaniac Wrote:could you install gdb and provide a new crashlog please. can't reproduce it here.

Hmmmmm! I'm sure it's installed... do I have to configure something?

Code:
$ dpkg --get-selections|grep gdb
gdb                        install
libeggdbus-1-0                    install
libgdbm3                    install
python-gdbm                    install
hmm, it should produce a nice stack trace with gdb installed.

in that case, could you start xbmc within gdb ("gdb `which xbmc`"), wait for a crash. type "bt full" and pastebin the output.

thanks!
opdenkamp / dushmaniac

xbmc-pvr [Eden-PVR builds] [now included in mainline XBMC, so no more source link here :)]

Found a problem with PVR? Report it on Trac, under "PVR - core components". Please attach the full debug log.

hmmmmm! I have a little problem in finding in my xbmc live setup the correct way to do a gdb `which xbmc`, starting xbmc that way, starts nothing, even gdb `which xbmc-standalone` or gdb `which start xbmc-live` starts nothing, the way my system starts xbmc, is usually by "start xbmc-live" (issued on boot, I think, but via ssh it works even manually, both stop and start).

thanks! ^_^
ah sorry, wasn't paying attention. gdb'ing a shell script makes no sense.

use "gdb /path/to/xbmc.bin" instead. if you're using a prebuilt package, it's in /usr/lib/xbmc/xbmc.bin
opdenkamp / dushmaniac

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Channel Preview, crashes after some time.0