Show movie langauge "flag"
Good evening everyone. I am very new to XBMC so please excuse if this question is posted wrong here, but I spent hours searching for the following: Is there any way that XBMC shows the language of a specific movie with a "country flag" or something similar in the movie overview. My movies all have to following structure: "The Forbidden Kingdom.2008.Ger.mkv" or "Yogi Baer.2010.Dl.avi" whereas "Ger" stands for German and "Dl" stands for dual. The single folder that contains the movie has the same naming. Within YAMJ I was abe to then show the respective country flag on the movie poster. In addition, YAMJ indicated the presence of subtitles with a litte "flag" on the specific movie. Thank's to everbody who can help me further here.
yes, it's more or less possible to show a country flag based on the movie language. but you'll need a skin that has implemented it (i don't know of any that currently does this).

i say 'more or less' since it's only possible to show 1 language even if the movie contains multiple.

for this reason i have never added it to the Transparency! skin.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
thanks for the answer! Too bad however, as I have lots of movies that are once in english and once in german or even in another language. Would be great to see right away what language comes with a given movie. Would also be great to see right away if a given movie has subtitles available. YAMJ does this based on the naming of the movie. I.e. "yogi baer.2010.ger.mkv" will show a german flag in the poster "yogi baer.2010.eng.mkv" will show an english flag etc.
I also need this function badly.
I live in Russia. And when I am watching a movie with my wife I wish to know language options available.
Would be really GREAT to have a skin with filtering language capabilities. For example, to select only movies with English audio track and Russian subtitles.
I believe this is achievable because language information is in the XBMC media library database.
Yes, I too would love this feature. Right now, all I can do is download a poster that is in the language of the movie. But if the title is the same as in english, then it clearly does not tell me anything. Also, if the movie has double or triple language track, then it's also a problem.
So let's submit the official feature request.
If anyone knows how do it properly Wink
any news about this request ?

it's possible to add this to Confluence skin ?

cheers
Something I'd like to see, don't know whether it is doable or not, is to set the native language (e.g. English). So for all the movies that have a default audio track in English a language flag isn't shown as that is assumed, but for any of my foreign films that have a default audio track in another language, that language flag is shown.

So essentially, only show a language flag for foreign language films. That would require an option in the skin to set a native language. For videos that have multiple language tracks, one would have to make sure they flag the one they want as default or if a default isnt flagged then just use the first track available, mkvmerge can be used if one wants to customize.

This is how personally I'd love to see this idea implemented (and even moreso done in T!) Wink
I would also like to see this implemented in confluence; specifically to show the language of the different subtitles stored locally. Thought I'd share some flags in case anyone decides to take this up.

Link to the flags individually: http://s1041.photobucket.com/albums/b413...BMC/Flags/
+1 for that feature, multilanguage support would be perfect, but what I really NEED right now is library filtering by the primary language of a movie.
Shaolin Wrote:I would also like to see this implemented in confluence; specifically to show the language of the different subtitles stored locally. Thought I'd share some flags in case anyone decides to take this up.

I'm interested in the idea but see a couple of problems. One being I'm lazy Wink and the flags would need to be named with the three character code (e.g. eng, epo, deu) I'd hate to get a counties flag wrong! Another problem would be which flag do you show for what language, English for example. Naming as suggested by herzogt would overcome that but I use MovieName.DVDRip.mkv and Convergence is already checking the file extension and keywords DVD, BluRay etc.

If you guys could bash this idea about a bit, the options as I see them are
1. Manual naming your movie would show whatever flag you want, could be used for country of origin etc.
2. Use XBMC's infolabel "ListItem.SubtitleLanguage" which would be more automatic but probably not as accurate.
Noli illegitimi carborundum

Done! Shocked

Right now, it supports 11 languages...if something is missing, you might add it...
The code is quite simple.
To show the flag you need to have the two character code based on XBMC's langinfo.xml surrounded by two dots in the filename...
e.g. int the picture above it is "Avatar.-.Aufbruch.nach.Pandora.de.mkv

You have to place the dots, otherwise you will see some strange behaviour...
I saw also the Russian flag because of Aufb"ru"ch...

Code can be found here:
https://github.com/mad-max/skin.moddedco...64b290348d

@mudislander:
You might take my code for Convergence...

cheers,
mad-max
- - - Tribute to Metallica - - -
If I managed to help you, please click my reputation
Quote:Code can be found here:
https://github.com/mad-max/skin.modd...cccf64b290348d

@mudislander:
You might take my code for Convergence...

cheers,
mad-max

Thanks mate. Will do Smile

Mudislander Wrote:I'm interested in the idea but see a couple of problems. One being I'm lazy Wink and the flags would need to be named with the three character code (e.g. eng, epo, deu) I'd hate to get a counties flag wrong! Another problem would be which flag do you show for what language, English for example. Naming as suggested by herzogt would overcome that but I use MovieName.DVDRip.mkv and Convergence is already checking the file extension and keywords DVD, BluRay etc.

If you guys could bash this idea about a bit, the options as I see them are
1. Manual naming your movie would show whatever flag you want, could be used for country of origin etc.
2. Use XBMC's infolabel "ListItem.SubtitleLanguage" which would be more automatic but probably not as accurate.
I see 2 scenarios:
  • Listing the language of the audio in the movie itself as you described by putting a 3 letter code into the media filename (not my preferred option) i.e.

The Godfather (1972).eng.mkv
  • List the languages of the local subtitles either by reading the 3 letter code from the local .sub file(s) or by reading a subtitle tag in .nfo i.e.

The Godfather (1972).eng.sub

and/or

Code:
    <subtitles>
    <language>eng</language>
    <language>spa</language>
    </subtitles>

I'd prefer option 2 since all my file names are similar to yours i.e. MovieName (Year).mkv and i'd prefer not to change them all Eek

Here is a page for 3 letter language codes
Been playing around with this a little and think I'll take the easy option which is just to show the subtitle listed by the XBMC library. It will only show one flag, but we do not want too many anyway. Should be in the next update of Convergence which would be v3.1.6 probably out in a week or two.
Just a Test View

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Show movie langauge "flag"0