Can somebody help me?
HELLO, I have tried posting numerous times however no one has been able to help me. Last night I was able to jail break my atv 2 using seasonpass. Once I realized that would be "tethered", I immediately uninstalled and tried to use greenposion. After numerous attempts I was able to get inot DFU mode and jb using green poison but it did not show up on the ATV2. Using windows any help would be MUCH appreciated.

Thank you and your prompt reply is welcomed.
Your in the wrong place for that. That is way off topic for this forum section. I think we should move this to the off-topic section. You may find help there.
rsd317 Wrote:HELLO, I have tried posting numerous times however no one has been able to help me. Last night I was able to jail break my atv 2 using seasonpass. Once I realized that would be "tethered", I immediately uninstalled and tried to use greenposion. After numerous attempts I was able to get inot DFU mode and jb using green poison but it did not show up on the ATV2. Using windows any help would be MUCH appreciated.

I am no expert. However, you are going to need to post more information about your situation if someone is going to help you. It sounds like you are probably running 4.3.X IOS on your ATV2. If so, Greenpois0n currently does not support 4.3.X (yet) for an untethered jailbreak - it works on 4.2.1. Trying to downgrade from 4.3.x to 4.2.1 is a whole other matter. Apple may not be signing 4.2.1 in itunes anymore; so you cannot downgrade if this is the case. I have seen some people downgrade by editiing their hosts file on their win pc (no longer pointing itunes to an Apple server anymore), but that trick did not work for me. If this is your case, you would probably need to seach via google for these instructions or pehpaps someone here was successfull downgrading that could help you.

If you are running 4.2.1, the Greenpois0n jailbreak can be tricky. I did mine as follows:

1. Unplug ATV2 from power
2. Unplug ATV2 from TV (remove HDMI)
3. I kept my eithernet cable plugged in (this was my case)
4. Plug in the USB cable to the ATV2 and my PC. Itunes comes up - then I shut it down
5. Run Greenpois0n on PC
6. When the instructions come up to put the ATV into DFU, I did so pressing menu and play pause for the 7 seconds, then released.
7. It then said my ATV2 could be jailbroken and I proceeded with jailbreak.
8. Wait 45 seconds after jailbreak concludes before exiting Greenpois0n
9. Exit Greenpois0n, plug in power and HDMI, romove USB cable, and turn on TV.
10. You should then see an option on the screen to inject software and after doing so, XBMC shows up.

I did have the situation a couple of times where the jailbreak did not take and I had to start this process over again (and then it worked). I am sure others will tell you a different way they jailbroke their ATV2 - but this is what worked for me.

Edit: I did not even cover the whole Tiny Umbrella thing to save off your SHSH blobs. I suggest you also read up on this.
rsd317 Wrote:HELLO, I have tried posting numerous times however no one has been able to help me. Last night I was able to jail break my atv 2 using seasonpass. Once I realized that would be "tethered", I immediately uninstalled and tried to use greenposion. After numerous attempts I was able to get inot DFU mode and jb using green poison but it did not show up on the ATV2. Using windows any help would be MUCH appreciated.

Latest seas0npass isn't tethered but it'll install iOS 4.3.1. If you go to that version you'll need to install the unofficial nightly builds... probably not what you want.

Try to use Tiny Umbrella to make sure you have 4.2.1 SHSH blobs so you can stay on that version and use official XBMC builds. I think you can still restore to 4.2.1 in iTunes for now without running Tiny Umbrella's TSS server (just need to download the ipsw firmware file).

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Can somebody help me?0