TV Show Preview Support
It would be great to have a system of preview integration within the TV Show section. This would allow users to view a preview of a given TV Show like they can for movies. It could also allow the same ability on a episode per episode basis as well with something like next episode preview.

Here are some examples of how it could work:

Currently files are labeled: show sxxexx simply add new option sxxpxx where s01p00 is the preview for that season or the entire show. After that pxx matches exx to show the preview of the next episode. Logically the last episode likely would not have a preview but support is there just encase.
Do people actually have files for this? Seems like it would be a very, very low use feature.
I can not say for American content however I would assume that they have previews for the next episode at the end. Some people that have large content may like it so that when they have others over those other people can see previews.

I use xbmc mainly to database the hundreds of anime shows I have. Releases like Bakemonogatari for example have separate previews at the end of each episode. In addition when you are filtering though hundreds of series having previews can help you decide what to watch. In addition at least in the case of anime the OP basically tells you everything you need to know about the show and as every series has an op and basically everyone has these files most would use those for the show preview.

As for why not just click the first episode? Well the op does not usually start at the beginning of the episode at least for first episodes so that does not work. You could try to label it a special and do it that way but the op is not a special and can thus create problems.

When I saw how easy it was to view previews for movies it made me think. Dam it would be nice if I could access previews for my anime just as easily from within the interface.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TV Show Preview Support0