size 39,363,332
See post below.
appletv Wrote:dpkg -i xbmc_atv2/latest_atv2.deb

same error message

errors where encountered while processing

i can see that the file is there

says latest_atv2.deb

size 39,363,332

Take this part out it is not needed "xbmc_atv2/" just do dpkg -i latest_atv2.deb
I seem to get some stuttering issues with some format playbacks. I tried this Bdrip 720p in avi and it starts to play but then the stuttering starts and the sound goes away. I've always experienced it in some mkv a lot of times that depends on the Aspect Ratio, a lot of full screen movies will stutter but continue playing with sound then starts to get out of sync, not nearly as bad as the bdrip 720 avi movies. MKV movies with black bars usually play fine but act up if I FFWD or Pause the movie then start stuttering real bad with no sound. It was doing it on Seas0npass tethered and a nightly build from a few days ago and continues on seas0npass untethered with most recent nightly. I am using upnp with ps3 media server. Never had the issue before. Any one else experiencing this?
appletv Wrote:im getting the same message

/$ echo "deb http://apt.awkwardtv.org. /"> / etc / apt / sources.list.d / awkwardtv.list
-sh: line 8: /: Is a directory

The example has spaces in the path to awkwardtv.list that it shouldn't. Should be:
Quote:$ echo "deb http://apt.awkwardtv.org. /"> /etc/apt/sources.list.d/awkwardtv.list

However, the awkwardtv.list file on mine looks like this (not sure why they're different):
Quote:deb http://apt.awkwardtv.org/ stable main
pretsam Wrote:Take this part out it is not needed "xbmc_atv2/" just do dpkg -i latest_atv2.deb

thank you

this finally worked

he should add this to his post in page 9
jd2157 Wrote:The example has spaces in the path to awkwardtv.list that it shouldn't. Should be:

However, the awkwardtv.list file on mine looks like this (not sure why they're different):
this also worked

thanks

now i have nito & xbmc
I had that static audio whenever I tried to play 5.1 files on the SP 4.3.1 tethered jailbreak. Does anyone know if this still happens on the untethered SP jailbreak?

Cheers

EDIT: Just tried it.. Looks like the audio issue is still there Sad
Now my windows smb is not working

Says

Error 2 share not available
DN38416 Wrote:I had that static audio whenever I tried to play 5.1 files on the SP 4.3.1 tethered jailbreak. Does anyone know if this still happens on the untethered SP jailbreak?

I tried twice with the latest untethered SP jailbreak. The first time, I installed the official XBMC release, but it kept crashing on me. The second time, I installed the nightly build. When outputting stereo sound, subtitles wouldn't appear, but the audio was OK. When outputting 5.1 sound (via the hdmi/7.1 settings), the subtitles showed up, but I got static for the audio.

So I've gone back to the 4.2 jailbreak and will wait for these issues to get worked out before moving up to 4.3.
appletv Wrote:Now my windows smb is not working

Says

Error 2 share not available

I've had this happen for quite a while (even with older jailbreaks). The workaround I use is to add a specific network location rather than browsing for smb servers. For example, I will add smb://10.0.1.2 (ie. where 10.0.1.2 is the address of my computer). When I do it that way, XBMC finds my shared files right away.
PressureDrop Wrote:I've had this happen for quite a while (even with older jailbreaks). The workaround I use is to add a specific network location rather than browsing for smb servers. For example, I will add smb://10.0.1.2 (ie. where 10.0.1.2 is the address of my computer). When I do it that way, XBMC finds my shared files right away.

Where do i find the address of my computer?

Is that the IP address number
appletv Wrote:Where do i find the address of my computer?

Is that the IP address number

Yes, that's the IP address. On a Mac, you can find it in the System Preferences window (under Network).
Working great here. Don't bother with PwnageTool - They clearly didn't test a dang thing before releasing it. Seas0nPass is where it's at currently. Audio and SMB both work great for me.
  • 8(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Problem with Apple TV 2 - 4.3.1 with Jailbreak2