Nightly builds & ATV2 4.3 issues
Sorry, kind of new to the xbmc. I installed 4.3 (untethered) on the ATV2 today, and I get audio, error message: failed to initialize audio device. I have checked the audio settings, and altered them a few times-right now I have it set as

Audio out Optical/coax (bc I have the optical audio wire for AV2)
Speaker config 5.1
Boost Vol checked
AC3 Checked
DTS Checked
Default audio output

I believe I am on Darwin 11.0
I don't know if installing the most current nightly will fix this or if this is just a bug that needs to be ironed out. Either way, I have been searching for hours and can find no directions on how to install the nightly builds, can anyone help.
Its a bug to do with the jailbreak. No fix known at this time
Thanks
http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=767...stcount=72

Stop posting the same thing over and over again and try reading next time.
PainToad Wrote:http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=767...stcount=72

Stop posting the same thing over and over again and try reading next time.

Did he ruin your day with this post? Kill your puppy? Relax and don't be so rude. Much nicer way to go about things. Smile
It makes it hard to follow real updates from people who know what their talking about when there are a million threads on the same issue by a thousand brand new forum members who are too lazy to spend 5 minutes reading.
I've been following these forums religiously since Christmas, when I got my new apple TV. Pretty much everything i needed to get my setup running and all the add ons, skins, terminal tips and ticks etc were found on this website, without much need to Google elsewhere. In the last month or so, the number of folk asking all the range of basics 'How do I's has rocketed, and it <is> a pain in the arse wading through increasing and needless question repetition. It's all up here if you look...Nod

PainToad Wrote:It makes it hard to follow real updates from people who know what their talking about when there are a million threads on the same issue by a thousand brand new forum members who are too lazy to spend 5 minutes reading.
donut4000 Wrote:I've been following these forums religiously since Christmas, when I got my new apple TV. Pretty much everything i needed to get my setup running and all the add ons, skins, terminal tips and ticks etc were found on this website, without much need to Google elsewhere. In the last month or so, the number of folk asking all the range of basics 'How do I's has rocketed, and it <is> a pain in the arse wading through increasing and needless question repetition. It's all up here if you look...Nod

Totally agree, it's pretty irritating when people can't be bothered to do a little homework before asking questions. The fact of the matter is after every person that gets told to stop asking questions already answered there's one (or more) new people right behind them doing the exact same thing... and that's never ever ever gonna change.

So there's two irritating things happening, 1) the noobs asking first and searching/reading later and 2) the members getting irritated and trying to solve an issue that isn't solvable...

The answer to any question that's already been answered should be a simple one line response, i.e. "http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=93033" anything else is futile... and yes I realize the irony here, i.e. trying to stop members from getting irritated at noobs is another unsolvable issue so I'm doing exactly what I'm trying to stop... guess I was never good at recursion problems, see y'all next Groundhog Day.
For understanding recursion you first have to understand the recursion dude Big Grin
Memphiz Wrote:For understanding recursion you first have to understand the recursion dude Big Grin

lol... btw, can you explain to me what GNU stands for Huh
its not unix ... way offtopic now Wink
Hi there,

maybe someone knows why...

I installed version 10.0.7 from the stable repo and every thing worked fine..

then updated to keith last nightlies and scrappers and what is extremely annoying MP3 playback is broken...

selecting an MP3 highlights the item .. time says e.g. 00:00:01/00:02:43

and xbmc freezes completley.

any ideasHuh

rolling back to 10.0.7 and everything is fine.... but keiths build supports hw-acceleration which is great for all my mkv's

regards robertino
known issue ... no eta ...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Nightly builds & ATV2 4.3 issues0