Silent HTPC conversion almost complete...
My original htpc was hastily thrown together with parts from brick and mortars.
I have just recently upgraded to silent psu, silent video card, 30GB ssd, and moved all platter hdds to a media server. I am keeping the bluray drive in the htpc so my wife can play a bluray disc if she needs to (using the bluray/makemkv addon)

Before, I would just rip directly to one of the local hdds using makemkv for windows. I have since migrated to a linux environment for more of a integrated experience and have hit a road block. Is there a script or addon that can automatically rip Bluray using makemkv and throw it over the lan to the media server?

This is the last piece of the puzzle for me and any help would be appreciated!
Anyone? I found the swiss army addon. Is that the only option?
plight Wrote:My original htpc was hastily thrown together with parts from brick and mortars.
I have just recently upgraded to silent psu, silent video card, 30GB ssd, and moved all platter hdds to a media server. I am keeping the bluray drive in the htpc so my wife can play a bluray disc if she needs to (using the bluray/makemkv addon)

Before, I would just rip directly to one of the local hdds using makemkv for windows. I have since migrated to a linux environment for more of a integrated experience and have hit a road block. Is there a script or addon that can automatically rip Bluray using makemkv and throw it over the lan to the media server?

What silent PSU did you go with? Just curious...sorry this does not answer your initial question.
CPU:Intel 2100 3.1 Ghz RAM:Corsair 4 GB DD3-133 Mobo: Gigabyte H67M-D2-B3 mATX OS HDD: Corsair Nova Series 32GB SSD Storage HDD: WD Green 2 TB Video Card: ASUS EN210 SILENT ODD:
plight Wrote:My original htpc was hastily thrown together with parts from brick and mortars.

Install DVDFab under Linux using WINE.
My Theater: JVC X790R + Peerless PRG-UNV | 120" CineWhite UHD-B Screen | KODI Nexus + PreShow Experience | mpv | madVR 204 RTX 2070S | Panasonic UB420 | Denon X3600H @ 5.2.4 | 4 x ADX Maximus w/ Dayton Audio SA230 | 3 x Totem Tribe LCR + Mission M30 Surrounds + SVS PC2000 + Monolith 15 | 40" HDTV w/ Z83 + MoviePosterApp | 40TB Win10 SMB Server over Gigabit Ethernet
Sorry, I should have been more clear. I am looking for more of a solution that utilizes XBMC scripting. ie put in disc, navigate to program option, have it automagically rip the bluray to mkv on my media server. Going for a seamless xbmc experience.

Supposedly there is a script called swiss army knife or something to that respect, but I was looking for other options.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Silent HTPC conversion almost complete...0