aguide for xbmc live
hi friend i like to know few things about how to learn and doing somethings in xbmc bcz in all the forum and the wiki its alot of information and i get confused bcz of that and bcz of my english that is ok, but not my first language ,pls help i need to organise all and understanding all the information in my brain im so wanna aguide or source to learn from it step after step .
the importent things i like to know is :

1. how to install and play and make all the function worked like: video chat, and get messege, and open my cam, in msn messenger and paltalk and any other chat program even facebook from my xbmc live that is on my disk on key

2. how to install games from the internet and from on my hard disk ,and run them on my xbmc ?

if u can learn me and guided me step after step its very welcome ,but if not i will be very glad if you can send me link that i can learn from it its be very cool ,( even if i need to read alot and study alot for long time its ok ,but i hope in the end of the learning i can do it by my self )
i need to start from the basic i m not will be programming but i hope to get to a level of scripting and alittle more until i can play and run programs like i meantion above and more
thanks im hope to hear from u soon
pls someone can help me with my post here ?
bolero76 Wrote:hi friend i like to know few things about how to learn and doing somethings in xbmc bcz in all the forum and the wiki its alot of information and i get confused bcz of that and bcz of my english that is ok, but not my first language ,pls help i need to organise all and understanding all the information in my brain im so wanna aguide or source to learn from it step after step .
the importent things i like to know is :
Do a forum search and you will find most of the questions to be answered! Wink
bolero76 Wrote:1. how to install and play and make all the function worked like: video chat, and get messege, and open my cam, in msn messenger and paltalk and any other chat program even facebook from my xbmc live that is on my disk on key
I do not think that this is possible with XBMC live but anyhow for starting an external App you could have a look at this thread: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=85724
bolero76 Wrote:2. how to install games from the internet and from on my hard disk ,and run them on my xbmc ?
same as above: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=85724
bolero76 Wrote:if u can learn me and guided me step after step its very welcome ,but if not i will be very glad if you can send me link that i can learn from it its be very cool ,( even if i need to read alot and study alot for long time its ok ,but i hope in the end of the learning i can do it by my self )
i need to start from the basic i m not will be programming but i hope to get to a level of scripting and alittle more until i can play and run programs like i meantion above and more
thanks im hope to hear from u soon

have a look at this link: http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=XBMC_Online_Manual

XBMC live is quite easy to run. give it a try and test it on a machine and play around with it ... that helps a lot! and if you are at least a little bit investigative you should also be able to find out its possibilities and its no-gos!

my English might also be not the best but do not hesitate to ask questions ... I got always the best hints and tipps and tricks ... Nod
rebuilding ....
thanks alot i will try to read the linnks u give me and we will talk
u sound very nice person when u said ; " dont hesitate to ask "
i will response here today so keep answear me bcz i m not get alot of attention here maybe bcz i ask things that people ask before but im new and not so good in this forum
hi my friend thanks alot first for the link u write me .
im read the guide of the Advanced Launcher and i do like its say i try to run program chat program and after i done i try to load it and nothing happen just the title of the program flash for one seconed and nothing happen its not write any error messege ,so i dont know how to get it work im stuck any help pls
If you want help from 90% of the people on here. Spell things correctly. Broken grammar is better than bad spelling. I have no clue how people that have English as a second language pick up such horrible shorthand. You'd probably be better off using google translate.

List of words that are NOT English: alot, linnks, u, bcz, i m, seconed, pls.

MSN Messenger does not run on Linux.
Live Is Linux.
MSN Messenger does not run on Live.
Code:
GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON `xbmc_%`.* TO 'xbmc'@'%';
IF you have a mysql problem, find one of the 4 dozen threads already open.
darkscout Wrote:If you want help from 90% of the people on here. Spell things correctly. Broken grammar is better than bad spelling. I have no clue how people that have English as a second language pick up such horrible shorthand. You'd probably be better off using google translate.

List of words that are NOT English: alot, linnks, u, bcz, i m, seconed, pls.

MSN Messenger does not run on Linux.
Live Is Linux.
MSN Messenger does not run on Live.

dont be mad on me i m just assume that people understand short words like :
alot = a lot (forget the space bar key not so hard to guess)
u = you
bcz= because
seconed = second (mistake in writing sorry about that from my deep heart)
pls- please

that better? in chat program all over the world people use this short words but you:mad: chooce to be angry.
i dont like your approach ,sorry.
and thanks to know that in xbmc live i cant run messenger and others programs that i want, anyway if i install xbmc live on my hard disk it will be possible or because i install it on my disk on key ? what kind of xbmc version i need to install and where ? its weird that you can get the live version and you can do mount to the hard disk and you cant use nothing from your programs that install on your windows 7 system , why is that and where i can find exactly what xbmc live version can do (games, program,etc..)
any advice how can i advance from here until i will be able to run games and programs?

anyway i look for help and thanks for the replay
If you want to start an application, in most of the cases, this one MUST be installed on the system you used. So is you want to start applications from XBMC live, those application must be installed first on XBMC Live (might be possible on USB key, but not on Live CD). Also you cannot directly start windows applications from Linux based systems (and XBMC Live is a linux based system).

If you want to start windows application that are installed on your hard drive, the only way you can do it is to install windows version of XBMC on your hard drive.
first thanks alot for the response quickly im so like this xbmc program and im glad to use it.
i like to know how do i install program in linux that is on my disk on key what the commands i need to write and set ?
i dont know nothing in linux there is any guide for linux system that i can learn from there the command that important for xbmc live version i will be glad to get link for that from the basic.
and one more thing i will try to install xbmc for windows and i wanna know if i could set all my program to my xbmc gui for launch and controll them
?
like to know if its importent to learn how to use xbmc live version like i do if its not so effective at all bcz all the program that install on my windows system cant play so maybe i need to learn i to install linux and how to run program from there like msn ,paltalk chat ,and more and more like web cam driver and all the control things ?
No Huh
forget XBMC Live use the Windows XBMC you can download it here: http://mirrors.xbmc.org/releases/win32/xbmc-10.1.exe
rebuilding ....
You can't run anything from your Windows 7 drive because Linux is not Windows.

Live is Linux.
Live is Linux.
Live is Linux.
Linux is not Windows.
Linux is not Windows.
Code:
GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON `xbmc_%`.* TO 'xbmc'@'%';
IF you have a mysql problem, find one of the 4 dozen threads already open.
listen i know that linux isnt windows and i need to use xbmc for windows .
but i like to know if i can use launcher to launch program and everything that i want to installed on my system?
and one more thing i read that i need to write script that load the launcher is it right ? what kind of script i need to put where i can learn to write script ?
I'm also agree with krijeck. If you plan to use XBMC to launch a large number of Windows applications : forget XBMC Live, forget Linux and install XBMC for Windows. It will be the more simple and the more accurate for what you expect to do.
bolero76 Wrote:but i like to know if i can use launcher to launch program and everything that i want to installed on my system?
http://www.gwenael.org/forum/viewtopic.php?id=3

bolero76 Wrote:and one more thing i read that i need to write script that load the launcher is it right ? what kind of script i need to put where i can learn to write script ?
You do not need to write launchers. You can use Advanced Launcher to start application without using any bash script launcher.

Bash script launchers are to improve your control on your system :
  • control how XBMC process will react (freeze, close, minimize, focus, etc..)
  • control how started applications process will react (freeze, close, minimize, maximize focus, etc..)
  • control everything else on your system not directly related to XBMC or started application (mount/unmout ISO, start controller configuration software, etc...)

Sample of those scripts can be found here : http://www.gwenael.org/forum/viewforum.php?id=2
Smile 
Angelscry Wrote:http://www.gwenael.org/forum/viewtopic.php?id=3

You do not need to write launchers. You can use Advanced Launcher to start application without using any bash script launcher.

Bash script launchers are to improve your control on your system :
  • control how XBMC process will react (freeze, close, minimize, focus, etc..)
  • control how started applications process will react (freeze, close, minimize, maximize focus, etc..)
  • control everything else on your system not directly related to XBMC or started application (mount/unmout ISO, start controller configuration software, etc...)

Sample of those scripts can be found here : http://www.gwenael.org/forum/viewforum.php?id=2

thaks alot my friend you very help me to decided what kind of xbmc to install and use.
i like to know something why people will install linux if all the program that the most of the users uses is in windows programs like: messenger,yahoo skype,facebook and more and more... .what the diffrent advances and not advances linux and windows versions?
1 more thing i have to ask, i hear that it possible in xbmc to watch a movie and to get private messege in the same time for example from messenger or skype (like small popup window) is this possible ? it will be amazing woww
and i like to know if its related to advanced launcher or to the
Bash script launchers ? how can i do this ?
and how to start learn make scripts in xbmc ?
thanks alot my friend and have great day you very kind

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
aguide for xbmc live0