[AppleTV2] Failed to initialize audio device
Hi,

I'm new here, new to AppleTV but used to run XBMC on my old XBox back in the day.

I can't seem to get my audio working. Whenever I try to play a song or movie I get "Failed to initialize audio device". This is the latest version of XBMC on iOS 4.3. I'm on HDMI, 5.1, everything checked running HDMI through to an Onkyo 5.1 receiver. The audio works fine in the AppleTV menus but nothing works in XBMC.

Any ideas?

Thanks!
same here..
It's an issue with PwnageTool. Use the updated, untethered version of Seas0nPass which has no problems with ATV.
kalidav Wrote:It's an issue with PwnageTool. Use the updated, untethered version of Seas0nPass which has no problems with ATV.

Works great!
Thanks for advice.
kalidav Wrote:It's an issue with PwnageTool. Use the updated, untethered version of Seas0nPass which has no problems with ATV.

So everyone who uses PwnageTool loses audio support? That seems like a pretty big issue...

If I'm using Seas0nPass does that mean I have to reformat my ATV and lose my settings?
yes.
Pie77 Wrote:So everyone who uses PwnageTool loses audio support? That seems like a pretty big issue...

If I'm using Seas0nPass does that mean I have to reformat my ATV and lose my settings?

Yup, pwnagetool devs have some work to do... and there's no doubt they're working on it.

Seas0npass and pwnagetool load new firmware so everything gets wiped out. Pretty sure greenpois0n uses the current firmware that's installed. In any case, it's best to workout a backup process because sooner or later your atv2 is going to get wiped and you'll need to restore your settings. General guidance is backing up /private/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/userdata is all you need... others backup /private/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC... then restore that directory after you've installed iOS, jailbreak and install XBMC.
jd2157 Wrote:Yup, pwnagetool devs have some work to do... and there's no doubt they're working on it.

Seas0npass and pwnagetool load new firmware so everything gets wiped out. Pretty sure greenpois0n uses the current firmware that's installed. In any case, it's best to workout a backup process because sooner or later your atv2 is going to get wiped and you'll need to restore your settings. General guidance is backing up /private/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/userdata is all you need... others backup /private/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC... then restore that directory after you've installed iOS, jailbreak and install XBMC.

Yeah, I used to do that back when I ran on XBox but since this is such a fresh install it doesn't matter much to me. I'm more interested in getting everything running properly. Wink
Same problem since using pwnagetool yesterday

It's great that we no longer have to do the tetheredboot but now nothing seems to work at all!
No audio, and whenever I try to play anything at all, cbs, tbs, etc, it crashes and restarts!

Don't want to have to go back to previous atv2 version and re=do everything from scratch so I think I'll wait for a pwangetool update.. hopefully
Using Seas0nPass fixed it for me!

Thanks! Smile
pie77 or any one in this thread

Would you please tell me how to install XBMC after jailbreaking apple tv with Seas0nPass? It is different from Pwnage tool that has installation utility under NitoTV menu item

Thanks
I get this when for some reason my denon amp doesn't pass the audio via HDMI thru. So I unplug hdmi from amp plug it back in an it works... weird I know but hey ho..
tkhudairi Wrote:pie77 or any one in this thread

Would you please tell me how to install XBMC after jailbreaking apple tv with Seas0nPass? It is different from Pwnage tool that has installation utility under NitoTV menu item

Thanks

Use this guide:

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Ins...MC_on_ATV2
From what I keep reading there is no way to get sound under 4.3.1 yet, right?
hello i am also new to this all. i tryed seas0npass but nito didnt install do i need to ssh to add it?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[AppleTV2] Failed to initialize audio device0