Can't reuse keymap previously asigned to XBMC.ShutDown
I have strange problem with keymap. I previously mapped Ctrl-W to do XBMC shutdown:

<w mod="ctrl">XBMC.ShutDown</w>

Now I want to use this Ctrl-W for profile switching, so I've changed it so that it will execute the LoadProfile function:

<w mod="ctrl">LoadProfile(Home)</w>

However, it did not seem to take. Every time I pressed Ctrl-W, XBMC was shutdownHuh

Anyone knows why? is there any type of "cache" need to be cleared?

Thanks in advance!
This sounds like user error to me :-)

There is no persistent caching of keyboard.xml contents. Any changes you make take effect as soon as XBMC is restarted. Remember there are two keyboard.xml files, one in the profile and one in the XBMC installation folder (e.g. C:\Program Files\XBMC\system\keymaps in Windows). Also note that the keyboard.xml in your profile overrides the installation folder keyboard.xml.

JR
jhsrennie Wrote:This sounds like user error to me :-)

There is no persistent caching of keyboard.xml contents. Any changes you make take effect as soon as XBMC is restarted. Remember there are two keyboard.xml files, one in the profile and one in the XBMC installation folder (e.g. C:\Program Files\XBMC\system\keymaps in Windows). Also note that the keyboard.xml in your profile overrides the installation folder keyboard.xml.

JR

Thanks JR :-) it is strange, because I thought I changed only the keyboard.xml file in the userdata area (Win XP). On second thought, it could have been the "profile" specific version (I was also playing with 2 profiles at the time, so that'd make 3 versions?). I'll let you know what I'll find.
@JR

Ok. I think I found a bug (unless I misunderstood how this works)!

I've delete all my profiles (they are all testing profiles), and then edit the keyboard.xml in the userdata directory to contain this keymap:
<w mod="ctrl">ActivateWindow(Favourites)</w>

Restarted XBMC, and pressed ctrl-W. XBMC was shutdown!

So I've check the keymap directory. It turned out that there are also another file name keyboard_110405.xml, which is the backup for previous version. And this file contains
<w mod="ctrl">XBMC.ShutDown</w>

I then moved this file to somewhere else (basically deleted it). And ctrl-W now works correctly, activating the favorites menu.

So XBMC actually processed all files that have name starting with "keyboard", and have extension .xml Big Grin

Is it a bug or a feature?
nope. we process ALL xml's in that directory, no matter the name. and it's definitely not a bug.
spiff Wrote:nope. we process ALL xml's in that directory, no matter the name. and it's definitely not a bug.

Thanks spiff! good to know. It was not described that way in the wiki so it threw me off a bit. All is well now I knew.
Aha :-)

As spiff says, it's not a bug. XBMC is designed to work that way. The naming of the xml files is just for clarity. All the XML files are read from a single function and their contents are combined into a single mapping table.

JR
jhsrennie Wrote:Aha :-)

As spiff says, it's not a bug. XBMC is designed to work that way. The naming of the xml files is just for clarity. All the XML files are read from a single function and their contents are combined into a single mapping table.

JR

So it's a feature:-) It's actually more flexible that way. We should update the wiki.

Update: Wiki updated.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Can't reuse keymap previously asigned to XBMC.ShutDown0