Scraper data stored in movie folder?
Hi,

I'm about to use "file2folder" to move my movie files into their own folders..

I'd like to rebuild the movie and tv series database by downloading all the information that the scraper usually recieves (ratings/posters/reviews/trailers/plot/actor info etc) and instead of storing it in xbmc database, store it within the folders that contain the movie's themselves..

Is this at all possible?

Ive had a google but was unable to find anything that matched what i need to do.

The xbmc database works great, but id like to have a database that is located with each movie meaning its unversal and viewable just in other ways...

any ideas?

Thanks in advance..
I believe that once you have moved the movies into their own folders then you will need to rescrape the source. Once this is done you can then export the library to individual files and it will store the metadata in the same folder as the movie file.

http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Import_-_Export_Library
Openelec on ASRock ION 330 / Kodi on Win 7 PC
Ahh, I see. I

've currently got a database that is stored in the userdata folder, but if i recrape and export to individual files it will put the data in the folder of the movie? Fantastic.

Sorry for not seeing that, i did search for "scraper data store in movie folder" and about 50 other ways to ask that question before posting Oo

Thank you very much for helping. really appreciated Nod

I have to say, that the community here has been really helpful and i am genunely really grateful for the help and advice that others have provided. It really has helped me get to where i want to be with my htpc, its really coming along and ive got the bug :-)

If you dont mind, could i ask a question regarding the nightlys?
I am using 10.1 and it seems freeze on exit (after i have used xbmc and launched a file in another app - mpc-hc)

Would going to a nightly resolve this issue or would it possible add new issues?

I am using Cirrus Extended skin on xp and do have a few plugins from non offical repos such as the aljazera news etc... I know its a generic question that doesnt really have a definitive answer, but in your opinion are nightlys usually pretty solid in terms of stability and compatability with the current add-ons etc and if its a bit unstable or whatever can i just roll back or have the nightly one installed as a portable version and have them side by side?

Thanks again,

Ohh, 1 last thing... when i rescrape some of my movies will be incorrectly labeled.. if i export that data, then find a movie that is incorrectly labeled and refresh it, will that then download the new movie info and remove the old info stored in that folder (the incorrect jpegs etc) or does it leave them there and just ignore them? ...
Star 
PatrickBateman Wrote:I am using 10.1 and it seems freeze on exit (after i have used xbmc and launched a file in another app - mpc-hc)
Seems to happen sometimes to me too... especially after using non official repro plugins.
PatrickBateman Wrote:Ohh, 1 last thing... when i rescrape some of my movies will be incorrectly labeled.. if i export that data, then find a movie that is incorrectly labeled and refresh it, will that then download the new movie info and remove the old info stored in that folder (the incorrect jpegs etc) or does it leave them there and just ignore them? ...
re-scraping manually using the info, will allow you choices and replace the images. Nightlies are the bleeding edge... don't count on stability.
Yea...

I wasnt sure if it was worth trying a nightly or not Undecided but if that bug is happening to you too, then at least i know its not specific to me... So in that case your probably right, i should just wait for an offical update as the bleedin' edgle nightlys may casue me other problems that i dont currently have at this moment in time Confused

As for the scraper info, Thanks for that Big Grin

That makes sense i suppose, so it just overwrites the info and keeps whatever i tell it to. Amazing!
Thanks for helping, Now i know i can go ahead with it and not make to much of a mess lol

So , that means i can have my database setup nicely and always keep it up to date and even add my own content if i want.. Fantastic

As for re-importing the database, i take it it just uses the data that is there and doenst actually ever need to "re-import" anything via the gui?

ooh, Also, for movies that are split into multiple cd's do they all go in the same folder?
The reason i ask is that im about to use "file2folder" to do this for me, and if a file is named:

"Newyear.cd1.mp4"
and
"Newyear.cd2.mp4"

file2folder puts them in different folders as they dont have the same name... So should i manually put those ones into the same folder or are they ok to be kept in seperate folders?

Thanks again for the help, and im glad to know im not the only one with that freezing bug :-)

If you find out a work around id be glad to know Laugh

Thanks again Smile
PatrickBateman Wrote:when i rescrape some of my movies will be incorrectly labeled.. if i export that data, then find a movie that is incorrectly labeled and refresh it, will that then download the new movie info and remove the old info stored in that folder (the incorrect jpegs etc) or does it leave them there and just ignore them?

Personally, I would check the movie info and update if necessary before doing the export to individual files. Also when you add new movies to your library they wont automatically export and populate the movie folder. You'll have to do this manually at some stage.

PatrickBateman Wrote:Also, for movies that are split into multiple cd's do they all go in the same folder?
The reason i ask is that im about to use "file2folder" to do this for me, and if a file is named:

"Newyear.cd1.mp4"
and
"Newyear.cd2.mp4"

file2folder puts them in different folders as they dont have the same name... So should i manually put those ones into the same folder or are they ok to be kept in seperate folders?

You should put these in the same folder. Do a seach on the wiki for movie stacking and it gives you all the guff. Make sure the folder is named correctly and you have use folder names set as the option for doign the scrape.
Hey Rocketpants...

cheers for that.. Ive now added the files to folders using file2folder which worked a treat :-) neat little tool ...

Ive started rescraping for info and its all going to so far, but is taking AGES Confused

I've not yet exported the files but hoping to do so at some point today and then do some find tuning...

Can i ask, is it safe to export the database after every time i add new files? or is this dangerous to export the database every day or so? Will it only export data not previously exported or will it re-export all the other data for the entire database too?

Ill keep it to one a week or once a month if its safer? Big Grin

Cheers for helping, im nearly done with the setup and can start enjoying it Nod
I've never thought of any possible dangers in exporting the database regularly. I guess you could test to see what happens by adding a new file, turning on debug log, exporting and then reviewing the log to see if it skips previously exported data or not.

Or maybe someone more knowledgeable than I could help.
You do realize that even if you have local artwork and nfo's xbmc is still going to use the database and cached images in your userdata folder all you gain from exporting your library to separate files is the safety of being able to rebuild your whole library from scratch to exactly the same state if something goes wrong

If your going to use local artwork and nfo's you might as well use an external scraper / media manager before you scan them into xbmc save you going through the whole export procedure
>>X<<' Wrote:You do realize that even if you have local artwork and nfo's xbmc is still going to use the database and cached images in your userdata folder all you gain from exporting your library to separate files is the safety of being able to rebuild your whole library from scratch to exactly the same state if something goes wrong

If your going to use local artwork and nfo's you might as well use an external scraper / media manager before you scan them into xbmc save you going through the whole export procedure

Yup :-)

Thats exactly why i am doing it.. I've already had to start from scratch once due to a failed attempt at setting it up, plus i may upgrade the htpc soon and/or move the location of the files as they are not organised exactly as they should be.. so moving them and re-scraping from the internet is a pain.. if i have the files downloaded then i have an offline back up :-) That sounds invaluable to me at this moment in time.

I dont know much about other scrapers and xbmc "seems" to be quiet good at getting what i need with only a few clicks here and there ... Its not got the thinnest and easy to use "idiot" guide but the guys here have been really helpful and i feel like i have learned a lot about the software i am using and i feel that is good to know as i have been a right pain in the arse lately asking questions lol the more i get to grips with the software the less likely i am to keep pestering you guys with my problems lol

Quote: I've never thought of any possible dangers in exporting the database regularly. I guess you could test to see what happens by adding a new file, turning on debug log, exporting and then reviewing the log to see if it skips previously exported data or not.

Or maybe someone more knowledgeable than I could help.

Cheers, its currently exporting as we speak... hopefully itll be ok. I also have files that the cirrus skin downloaded such as clear art and stuff so hopefully that stuff wont be overwritten or lost in anyway.. ill let you know and thanks again for helping out... really dont htink id have got this far without someone helping me out. Really appreciate it mate...

Now..
Can anyone tell me how to make xbmc or even mpc-hc do a certain task when i press a certain button on my new media style knock off remote i bought today Wink ... that's my current task Big Grin its a generic style remote that came with no drivers and was for xp-mce or win 7 etc..

So, on xp, not all the buttons are recognised or function as they should.. basically i'd like to make it so when i press the record button on the remote, instead of trying to record, it does what ever i want.. like turn off or close mpc-hc etc.. not sure if its even possible but thats my job for tonight lolWink

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Scraper data stored in movie folder?0