• 3(current)
Remote Launcher - start XBMC/Kodi remotely from your Android device
DDM123 Wrote:I run XBMC in an X session, so I get this error about the systray:
Code:
Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" java.lang.UnsupportedOperationException:
        at java.awt.SystemTray.getSystemTray(SystemTray.java:171)
        at remotelauncherserver.ui.ServerFrame.createTrayIcon(ServerFrame.java:2
        at remotelauncherserver.ui.ServerFrame.<init>(ServerFrame.java:69)
        at remotelauncherserver.ui.ServerFrame$18.run(ServerFrame.java:517)
        at java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(InvocationEvent.java:226)
        at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(EventQueue.java:647)
        at java.awt.EventQueue.access$000(EventQueue.java:96)
        at java.awt.EventQueue$1.run(EventQueue.java:608)
        at java.awt.EventQueue$1.run(EventQueue.java:606)
        at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
        at java.security.AccessControlContext$1.doIntersectionPrivilege(AccessCo
        at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(EventQueue.java:617)
        at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(EventDispatchThre
        at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(EventDispatchThread.
        at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(EventDispatchThre
        at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:185)
        at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:177)
        at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(EventDispatchThread.java:138)
So can this be ran without the Systray as many of us XBMC users don't have one?

owtroid Wrote:Bah, who needs sleep anyway? Smile

Here is a test build:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/remotela...z/download

If you have the time, please test and see if it works better!

Have you had the chance to test this?
nobody_here Wrote:I am really enjoying this combined with the official XBMC Remote App for Android. I really wish you guys would get together and build support for Remote Launcher integrated into the Remote app. That would make one awesome app.

That would be very interesting but I doubt that Remote Launcher, atleast as it is right now, would fit into the xbmc architecture.

Remote Launcher does support intents though, so if the xbmc remote would support some sort of plugins it should be possible to launch xbmc via remote launcher from the xbmc remote. I don't think it does though?
owtroid Wrote:Have you had the chance to test this?

Sorry, I had to reformat my HTPC a few days ago and have been setting it up since then. It does work now, thanks guy.
DDM123 Wrote:Sorry, I had to reformat my HTPC a few days ago and have been setting it up since then. It does work now, thanks guy.

Great, thanks! I'll release a proper new version shortly.
Hi!

New version (0.2.5) is now available.

Changes:
- Don't use system tray on systems that doesn't support it
- Properly save window state when exiting because of a logout/shutdown event
- Added possibility to start in text mode only
- Updated links to new website (http://remotelauncher.owtroid.com)

The new version is available on http://remotelauncher.owtroid.com
I still use this program daily, and find it to be fantastic.

One small issue is that I am finding it difficult to reopen the window once minimized. Once in awhile it may work, but it is rare. Usually I need to start the server to access the window. I have no desktop effects on, and am seeing the window outline appear on screen for a split-second before it is whisked away. I have no clue why, either, as all other Java programs work fine.

Would it be possible to add an option minimize without going to the tray? Or, add an option that when right-clicking on the tray icon, restore is available above the exit option?

At any rate, my problem is not something to stress over. I am just glad that I can launch scripts/programs without needing to vnc or ssh. Thanks for taking the time to write this nifty cross-platform software.
ralob Wrote:I still use this program daily, and find it to be fantastic.

One small issue is that I am finding it difficult to reopen the window once minimized. Once in awhile it may work, but it is rare. Usually I need to start the server to access the window. I have no desktop effects on, and am seeing the window outline appear on screen for a split-second before it is whisked away. I have no clue why, either, as all other Java programs work fine.

Would it be possible to add an option minimize without going to the tray? Or, add an option that when right-clicking on the tray icon, restore is available above the exit option?

At any rate, my problem is not something to stress over. I am just glad that I can launch scripts/programs without needing to vnc or ssh. Thanks for taking the time to write this nifty cross-platform software.

What window manager are you using? Maybe I can reproduce it.

It would be very easy to add an option in the systray menu to open the window, I'll try to remember that for the next version.

In the latest version I added support for systems that don't have a systray so it shouldn't be much work to add an option to not use it. All that is needed really is a "Preferences" dialog to set it from...
owtroid Wrote:What window manager are you using? Maybe I can reproduce it.

It would be very easy to add an option in the systray menu to open the window, I'll try to remember that for the next version.

In the latest version I added support for systems that don't have a systray so it shouldn't be much work to add an option to not use it. All that is needed really is a "Preferences" dialog to set it from...

I am using Metacity.
ralob Wrote:I am using Metacity.

I installed Metacity and Gnome and got the exact same issue. It turned out to be quite tricky to fix...

The issue doesn't happen in Kwin/KDE or in Windows and is caused when I hide the window when the minimize event happens. For some reason when I try to unhide it, I immediately get a new minimize event when running in Metacity. It only happens when using the minimize button, if minimized from code the issue does not appear. Adding a Show/Hide option in the systray wouldn't help as the exact same code would be executed.

Instead, atleast for now, I changed the behaviour when minimizing. Now, if minimized with the minimize button I don't hide the window. The window can still be hidden by double-clicking the systray icon and that works even with Metacity. This perhaps isn't ideal but I think it's atleast better than not working at all in Gnome and possibly other DEs that use Metacity...

I released a new version since this issue will probably become more apparent now that I have fixed the saving of window state in 0.2.5 (the server will remember that it was hidden when it is started again). It's available at http://remotelauncher.owtroid.com as usual.

Thanks for reporting this!
owtroid Wrote:I installed Metacity and Gnome and got the exact same issue. It turned out to be quite tricky to fix...

The issue doesn't happen in Kwin/KDE or in Windows and is caused when I hide the window when the minimize event happens. For some reason when I try to unhide it, I immediately get a new minimize event when running in Metacity. It only happens when using the minimize button, if minimized from code the issue does not appear. Adding a Show/Hide option in the systray wouldn't help as the exact same code would be executed.

Instead, atleast for now, I changed the behaviour when minimizing. Now, if minimized with the minimize button I don't hide the window. The window can still be hidden by double-clicking the systray icon and that works even with Metacity. This perhaps isn't ideal but I think it's atleast better than not working at all in Gnome and possibly other DEs that use Metacity...

I released a new version since this issue will probably become more apparent now that I have fixed the saving of window state in 0.2.5 (the server will remember that it was hidden when it is started again). It's available at http://remotelauncher.owtroid.com as usual.

Thanks for reporting this!

Just tried it out, and it works brilliantly. Thank you very much for the quick fix. While I know it may not be the perfect fix, it does the job more than satisfactorily. I am glad that you looked into things. Much appreciated.
ralob Wrote:Just tried it out, and it works brilliantly. Thank you very much for the quick fix. While I know it may not be the perfect fix, it does the job more than satisfactorily. I am glad that you looked into things. Much appreciated.

Excellent!

I noticed a small error that's there now though. It doesn't hide when starting right now, it only starts minimized. I've fixed that and will include that fix in the next release (and it still works with Metacity Smile ).
Interestingly enough, the server now runs at around 35mb instead of 40-60mb (after 24 hours in the background). A pretty hefty decrease.
ralob Wrote:Interestingly enough, the server now runs at around 35mb instead of 40-60mb (after 24 hours in the background). A pretty hefty decrease.

Good, atleast that indicates that I'm not leaking objects. And I'd still like to blame the hefty footprint on the java vm... Smile

I just released 0.2.7 of the server. Now it should start hidden to systray properly again, if it was hidden when exiting. Also, the close button now hides the window to the systray instead of exiting as the minimize button only minimizes without hiding it. Double clicking the systray icon also still hides/shows the window.

Let me know if it doesn't work as expected!
Version 0.2.4 of the android app has now been released. This version adds the possibilty to have multiple servers configured.
Version 0.2.5 of the Remote Launcher app has just been released to the market!

Changes:
- Added Wake On Lan funcionality
- Show confirmation dialog before deleting servers
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Remote Launcher - start XBMC/Kodi remotely from your Android device1