Weather icons blinking frantically?
I've looked around and don't see this anywhere.

I've been running XBMC 10.0 with Transparency for a couple months now, and upgraded to 10.1 about a week ago.

I don't think that's when it started, but now the weather icon on the front page is blinking. when I pull up weather, some of the icons are blinking, some aren't. I've restarted - even uninstalled and reinstalled Transparency, but I can't get rid of it.

When I first saw it, I though it was some sort of alert, but it's not - it's just the moon - 66 and fair.

Anything else I need to include?

Thanks for any pointers
Kevin
Having the same problem. After seeing that Transparency 3.11.5 was out, I deleted my SVN version directory and installed 3.11.5, and that's when I noticed the weather icons blinking. Turning off the animation options causes the blinking to stop, so I'm guessing that for some reason the animated frames of the weather icons are missing, thus causing a blank image to be displayed in their place, which shows up as flashing on the screen. Using XBMC 10.1 (I was using SVN of T! to get the extra Weather.com Plus screens).
I also have the exact same thing. Updated to the new version of T! yesterday, and have had no issues before. Now the icons blinks as disco stroboscopes Smile Also using Dharma 10.1, no SVN installs at all, just vanilla Dharma with T!.
i'll look into it.
what os are you all using?

is it just the icons on the home screen or are the ones on the weather screens blinking as well?
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
ronie Wrote:i'll look into it.
what os are you all using?

is it just the icons on the home screen or are the ones on the weather screens blinking as well?

Im on Windows Vista Ultimate 32-bit, and its the icons both on the home screen and in the weather screen.
Using Windows XP 32bit SP3, and my icons blink on both the home page and in the weather page, using either the built-in weather plugin or the Weather.com Plus plugin. And if an icon never used to animate, it doesn't blink now, so it's definitely animation related.
I'm on Win7 64

The ones on the weather screen blink as well, but it seems icon specific. It's cloudy today, and cloudy seems to be fine. The clouds roll by. Also, in the weather screen, Partly cloudy with sun is ok, while Isolated T-storms, Mostly sunny, and Scattered T-storms are blinking. Scattered T-Storms seems to be showing its animation, with left, right, and double thunderbolts coming out of the cloud, but also blinking.

Does T! self-update? I also brought it up on a second machine (Win7 32 - using MySQL database and symlink thumbnails for sync), and shortly after starting, the skin seemed to go blank for a minute or so. When it came back, the weather was fine on that machine.

Another difference is that the "bad" machine runs in a full screen window while the "good" machine runs true full screen.

Hope that helps!

Edit: Actually - now that I notice - the clouds do blink. they roll by for a bit and then blink - presumably at the beginning/end of the animation.
Oh! and while I'm here giving constructive development input (complaining)...

Thank you for the wonderful skin! It's the only one I use.
khigh Wrote:Another difference is that the "bad" machine runs in a full screen window while the "good" machine runs true full screen.

can others confirm it only happens in fullscreen and not in true fullscreen?
you can toggle between those in Settings > Appearance > Video output

if you could post a Debug Log, that may be helpful too.

i'm running linux and can't reproduce this (no problem either when running windows in a virtual machine).
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
I just toggled it, and it blinked in true fullscreen as well (A mode I can't use on this machine anyway, since it runs on a secondary monitor).
khigh Wrote:I just toggled it, and it blinked in true fullscreen as well (A mode I can't use on this machine anyway, since it runs on a secondary monitor).

thanx for trying...not sure if it was a valid test since it's 'A mode I can't use on this machine anyway' ?

will see if i can hunt down a windows machine somewhere myself.
ronie Wrote:thanx for trying...not sure if it was a valid test since it's 'A mode I can't use on this machine anyway' ?

will see if i can hunt down a windows machine somewhere myself.
I'm at work right now ronie, but as soon as I get home in a couple of hours, I'll try it and let you know.
Happens with both full scree settings (and windowed)

http://pastebin.com/CqG2fs2Q
-stoli-
stoli Wrote:Happens with both full scree settings (and windowed)

http://pastebin.com/CqG2fs2Q

thanx for testing stoli, really appreciated.

Quote:Built on Dec 17 2010 (SVN:35647, compiler 1500)

that's dharma 10.0, correct?

i've just tested it myself on a fresh win 7 32-bit install
dharma 10.1 and Transparency v3.11.5.

no issue in fullscreen, true fullscreen and windowed mode.

i would appreciate a Debug Log from everyone who has this problem!
Yep - didn't even realize I haven't upgraded this machine yet. Will update and test again.

EDIT: Happens in 10.1 as well
-stoli-

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Weather icons blinking frantically?0