Problem with Kiosk mode
Hello,

I was wondering if there is any way to still have access to the "repeat" command that is available when a video is queued when the kiosk mode is enabled? As it is now, this goes away when kiosk is chosen.

Please see this other thread I started:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=98851

Thanks for looking,
Mark
Stoli,

Is there any chance that you could have a look at this issue, and perhaps change the way kiosk mode hides certain things?

Thanks,
Mark
mwkurt Wrote:Stoli,

Is there any chance that you could have a look at this issue, and perhaps change the way kiosk mode hides certain things?

Thanks,
Mark

Sure, I'll take a look at it but I think that particular function is outside of the skin.
-stoli-
I would very much appreciate the look.

By the way, I really like your skin. It looks very cool!

Mark
Stoli,

Have you had a chance to look at this? I had asked for the same over in the !T forum and Ronie was able to make this change, so it appears to be fixable in the skin.

Thanks,
Mark
Just looked into it - and now for the stupid question - where is the repeat option? Smile
-stoli-
Hello again,

I am not at my htpc at the moment, I believe you can get there by going from Home Menu --> TV Shows --> Pick a show --> Pick an episode, left click, and the hidden menu on the left side of the screen, or maybe it is on the bottom in Neon. At any rate, it is on the hidden screen that is in TV Shows and Movies. The problem is that this screen becomes locked in kiosk mode.

Thanks again for looking!
Mark
mwkurt Wrote:Hello again,

I am not at my htpc at the moment, I believe you can get there by going from Home Menu --> TV Shows --> Pick a show --> Pick an episode, left click, and the hidden menu on the left side of the screen, or maybe it is on the bottom in Neon. At any rate, it is on the hidden screen that is in TV Shows and Movies. The problem is that this screen becomes locked in kiosk mode.

Thanks again for looking!
Mark

Screen shot or exact steps to get there when you can. I can only find reference to repeat in audio playlists...
-stoli-
Okay...sorry for erroneous directions before.

Make sure kiosk mode is off.

You need to queue a movie or tv show episode.

Go to "now Playing".

Once in now playing, press your left arrow and the menu with View, Shuffle, Randomize, Repeat, Save and Clear will pop up.

Basically it is the screen where you select your view for the "Now Playing" screen.

Hope this helps,
Mark
Got it -- learn something new every day! Smile I'll have an update in the next couple of days for this.

Thanks for the find!
-stoli-
Stoli,

Did you actually do anything with this as far as providing an update? I just tried to access the "repeat" option with the kiosk mode on and could not get it to appear until I turned off the kiosk mode.

Was just wondering if maybe you forgot to check into this.

Thanks,
Mark
I'm not sure this is even an option any longer in the nightly builds. That or I just can't stumble across it...
-stoli-
I'm not using nightlies. I am still on Dharma. Did you incorporate this into a Dharma build?

Thanks,
Mark
mwkurt Wrote:I'm not using nightlies. I am still on Dharma. Did you incorporate this into a Dharma build?

Thanks,
Mark

Yes but... I haven't pushed out a Dharma update to the official repo. It was added to git some time ago, but that is all pre-eden now. I hope to get one done in the next week or two to the official repo.
-stoli-
Okay...thanks! Will be looking forward to it.

Mark

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Problem with Kiosk mode0