• 24(current)
[RELEASE] veetle.com
(2012-09-08, 00:33)netimports Wrote: plugh have you tried getting the hls stream to play? i can't get nothing to play it. VLC 2+ has support for hls and i can play the apple demo hls link fine but can't get anything from veetles..
durations in the m3u is so short by the time i try playing it its already expired, so a new m3u is generated every 10seconds?
FYI - Was browsing and came across this thread...

Hmmm... wonder if possible to create a .strm file with pointer to upper m3u ?

and if necessary, can this technique be used from .strm file?
(2012-09-07, 16:39)plugh Wrote:
(2012-09-07, 16:05)Pednick Wrote: Why is it that every other addon works fine playing videos and just Veetle isn't playing them?
Because veetle don't want you to watch them with xbmc, so they changed stuff so that it doesn't work with xbmc anymore (the addon is fine, it's xbmc itself). They want you to watch them with your web-browser so that they can also show you ads and earn money to pay for their servers and stuff.

Well the jokes on them cause I do watch it through the firefox browser with adblock so they're not getting any of my revenue, mwahahahahahaha. Big Grin
I DON'T DO CABLE.
Is there a patch for Linux XBMC as of yet. I didn't see one in the posts unless I missed it?
Big Grin 
Here's a test version guys. This uses modified form of akamaihd proxy server by BlueCop. So thanks to him.

May not work, that's why I'm calling it a test version. Seems to be working on my Windows Eden Stable. If someone can clean it up or debug the errors the script is throwing on the log, that would be great.

Veetle using proxy.

P.S: If the proxy server could be stopped once we are out of veetle, that would be even better.
(2012-09-12, 18:18)newatv2user Wrote: P.S: If the proxy server could be stopped once we are out of veetle, that would be even better.
I was looking at those proxy scripts earlier... Perhaps
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=95369&page=3
might help? (fyi - Akamaihd server derived from that script)
Thumbs Up 
(2012-09-12, 18:18)newatv2user Wrote: Here's a test version guys. This uses modified form of akamaihd proxy server by BlueCop. So thanks to him.

This is what i was suggesting in my previous post. i could have done this myself but i am neither a python coder nor plugin user. i just wanted to point out the better way to handle this change but original author doesn't seem active anymore. anyway thanx for your effort.
(2012-09-12, 18:18)newatv2user Wrote: Here's a test version guys. This uses modified form of akamaihd proxy server by BlueCop. So thanks to him.

May not work, that's why I'm calling it a test version. Seems to be working on my Windows Eden Stable. If someone can clean it up or debug the errors the script is throwing on the log, that would be great.

Veetle using proxy.

P.S: If the proxy server could be stopped once we are out of veetle, that would be even better.

Thank you, thank you, thank you, that works 100%. Big Grin
I DON'T DO CABLE.
very nice newatv, checked a couple of stream and it works fine.
here is the same package with the categories enabled:

http://www40.zippyshare.com/v/96529491/file.html

If people can test on different platforms and see if there any issues. Windows seems fine.
Looks like the XBMCuntu distro for this is a orphan.
I installed this because it was quick and easy, I run it off of an external flash hard drive so that I don't permanently dedicate a machine to it (need my laptop to multitask)..
But from this long thread with lots of uptake for fixing ATV/ATV2 and Windows versions, Linux and Ubuntu distros seem to be not widely used.

So from the apparent lack of anyone working this problem in Linux/Ubunt should I dump my quick and easy installation for something way more involved?

Is there anyone out there that can apply the same hacks to the Linux/Ubuntu versions of XBMC?

If I could code this myself I would love to do it.
@thor95: Did you actually read this long thread? Did you even read the last couple of posts. Did you tried the file posted just above yours? Where is your debug log?
(2012-09-12, 22:28)netimports Wrote: very nice newatv, checked a couple of stream and it works fine.
here is the same package with the categories enabled:

http://www40.zippyshare.com/v/96529491/file.html

If people can test on different platforms and see if there any issues. Windows seems fine.

Confirmed working great on Win 7 / ATV2 / Mac OSX haven't tested Linux yet.

(2012-09-13, 03:18)newatv2user Wrote: @thor95: Did you actually read this long thread? Did you even read the last couple of posts. Did you tried the file posted just above yours? Where is your debug log?

What am I looking for? the posts before mine talk about using a proxy server not about fixing XBMCUbuntu.
Other posts prior to that talk about ATV/ATV2 fixes so please if I'm missing something I appologize but I don't see anything about hacking the equivalent dvdplayer/avcodec-52-arm-osx.so file for Linux. This is ARM, seen one for ATV, seen one for Windows but did I miss the part of the thread that talks about the Linux installation?
Apparently I'm not the only one, there are at least two other people asking for the same thing.
newatv2user wrote: Here's a test version guys. This uses modified form of akamaihd proxy server by BlueCop. So thanks to him.

Veetle using proxy.

just installed your veetle using proxy (post 349) on xbmcubuntu 11.10
can confirm it works play channels ok.
most of the time, other wise script error sometimes.
(2012-09-12, 13:56)plugh Wrote:
(2012-09-12, 11:46)falafael Wrote: Will there be a addon fix in the near futureHuh?
No, because the add-on is not broken.

The add-on provides an interface to the veetle website to locate a flash stream. The add-on then passes this location to xbmc code to play the stream. Repeat: addon==locate and xbmc==player The veetle add-on is correctly interfacing to the website, is correctly locating the stream, and is correctly asking xbmc to play it.

But veetle intentionally changed the stream to make it non-standard in order to prevent players like xbmc, vlc, etc from playing it any more. XBMC no longer recognizes their stream because of the change to a non-standard format. (Think of it this way - they have tweaked their "dvd" so it only plays in their dvd-player).

The 'code here and code there' is "our" response - which is to teach xbmc how to not only play the 'standard' streams, but the non-standard veetle stream - which has nothing to do with the add-on, but an xbmc library.

So make your wife happy and update the appropriate xbmc library on her system for now. But also be aware that since veetle broke all third-party flash players on purpose, they will probably do it again at some point.

Ok, have got Veetle working from a post pages back, she happy, am surprised i did it, but i seem buggered in being able to get the Rasperry Pi one going!
Cheers

Post #353 works on xbmcbuntu
  • 24(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] veetle.com1