• 3(current)
A 'real' "My Songs"
ok i added a shuffle button but it only works for the play action on a folder. if you want to shuffle a queued playlist, you should do that from the playlist window.

i'm also in the process of adding top and recent items to the songs and albums sections. they will be disaled unless you enter those sections from the root.

and i seem to have developed a new bug with the root section keeping its view as state. i'm looking into that too.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
there are some new additions to the music library navigation window. i updated the sql queries so that it correctly finds the files that are tagged with multiple artists and genres. with bobbin's recent addition of keeping the thumb location in the database, the lists come up much much faster. <thanks bobbin!>

as requested, i added a shuffle option to the window. it only works on the play action, meaning the temporary playlists. (i also made the play action work on simple files too.)

i removed the top & recent songs/albums. it screwed up the navigation. i'm thinking of a different way to add this -- possibily a button which just returns a playlist of the matching songs.

i also really fixed the viewas bug this time. i made a silly mistake while trying to clean up the code.

lastly , i changed the sortby button so that it ignores a "the " prefix for song titles, album titles, and artist names. there's a short discussion of this here:
http://www.xboxmediaplayer.de/cgi-bin....t=10976

let me know what you think of these changes.

** edit **

please let me know if anyone gets the error message that theres no data switch to files view. you shouldnt!

set your log level to 0 for debug and redo it.

check your logfile. you should see a message that says "get<something>nav failed()" and just above it will be a potentially long sql query.

(if filtering with both artist and genre, its a union of four seperate queries).

pm me with the error message. i may also need a copy of your db file.

Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
kraqh3d,

i am trying to phrase this so as not to break any posting rules. am i to assume that your changes are not yet in an official build of xbmc?

if not, i assume that only those able to compile xbmc as outlined by "johnypcguru's" website would be able to use your modifications at this point?

you can email me at [email="[email protected]"][email protected][/email] if you prefer.

thanks - jc
it's official, its just that anonymous cvs is delayed. once the update message shows up in the anonymous cvs changelog, anyone can pull down the source code and compile it. there's a convenient web interface to cvs that you can check:

http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/xb...ngelog.txt

(but no, i dont see it there yet.)
(jcage89 @ mar. 04 2005,19:54 Wrote:i am trying to phrase this so as not to break any posting rules.  am i to assume that your changes are not yet in an official build of xbmc?
and to answer your question: there are no official xbmc builds and yes, asking for binaries is against the forum rules.
read the xbmc online-manual, faq and search the forums before posting! do not e-mail the xbmc-team asking for support!
read/follow the forum rules! note! team-xbmc never have and never will host or distribute ms-xdk binaries/executables!
hi kraqh3d,

first would like to say thanks for all your effort in the music side of xbmc.mp3 playback is 95% of my xbox's activity.

i have approx' 8000 songs and 560 albums,which contain 2200+ artists (a lot of compilation albums).queries and navigation are much quicker that the last time i compiled (6 days ago).however i have noticed a couple of things:-

1.when in albums view in nav i have 94 pages.if i scroll down to page 40,for example,and enter an album,and then press "back" on the remote to return to the list of albums,it takes me to the top of the list.this is the same in artists in nav.however in regular albums and artists view you are returned to the page you left.

2.if you highlight an album in "albums,nav" view and use "0" on the remote to add to playlist it adds songs in title order regardless of sort by view.in regular album mode songs are added depending on sort by view.

hope these points make sense,and thanks again.
kraqh3d / bobbin,
thanks guys - rebuilt from last nights cvs and the navigation is much faster now! excellent work! :d
@sharpy_uk:

thanks for the heads up on those two items. i'll see what i can do.
when choosing songs from the root level nav, all songs display but it also displays '* all songs' on top, which is a little redundant. also, is there any way to have pictures for the artsits?
--jaga
@sharpy_uk
i fixed the playlist issue. now the songs are sorted using the songs sort method before they are added in the playlist. i'm still looking making the previous selected item the highlighted item on a "back" action.

@jaga,
sorry, no way to get thumbs for artists right now. there's potential to pick a thumb from a song with that artist, but which one should be used?

and yeah, it is a little redundant to show the "all songs" items when in songs, but it's there to allow you queue the entire listing with one button press.

i'm open for suggestions.
how about if an option to 'set artist image from song' were added to the context menu?

on another note, i have ~ 10000 songs in my library and when i go to all songs, it takes a long time [even with the new db speedups]. could that info be loaded in a background thread, as bobbin did with the tag loader?

anyways, i like the new view a lot, great work.
--jaga
@kraqh3d

how do i "queue the entire listing with one button press" when i am in allsongs - i cannot get it to play.

great work btw!

thanks
@jaga

your artist thumb idea is interesting. the downside is that the database will need to be updated, again. i'll think about it, but right now, i'm not really seeing the need. artists didnt have thumbs before, why do they need them now.

and i'm sure its possible to use a background thread to fill in the thumb, i just dont know how to do it. anyone care to tackle this?

@frankle1

simple, use the "enqueue" action (default mappings: remote=0, gamepad=y, context menu=enqueue). this will take the filtered list and add it to the playlist.

you can also use the "play" action (default mappings: remote=play) to build a temp playlist. the shuffle button is tied to the temp playlists. i'm planning on adding a "play" item to the context menu since the gamepad just doesnt have enough buttons.
hmmm...neither the enqueue nor the play actions seem to work from the folder (when the 'all songs' is highlighted nothing happens when trying to play or queueu). when i move off the 'all songs' to a specific song, i can play that song and it will then continue to play all songs on the list but does not suffle.

maybe i need to rebuild - i did a build early on 3/4/05.
kraqh3d,

i did a little homework this weekend and i am now on the boat with being able to try out your changes.

i am impressed and want to thank you for making my drive to work that much more enjoyable. it is impressive that a noob like me can make a simple suggestion based on ipod navigation and have someone like you pick it up and run with it. power to the people!

thanks
jc
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
A 'real' "My Songs"0