[GUIDE] How to add a login function to your addon
Yes I changed it for security reasons, but even with the username and password used to login in the web link it still return False. Is there something am doing wrong
(2016-09-27, 15:33)delaroy Wrote: Yes I changed it for security reasons, but even with the username and password used to login in the web link it still return False. Is there something am doing wrong

I can't really test it or tell whats wrong until username/pass works.
Hi All have some one try this on xenforo forum platform ? and if how did you do it can some one help me ?

Thx

link removed - DarrenHill
@fannar - your link is not acceptable here, as the sites violates both our forum rules (wiki) and also the Official:Trademark Policy (wiki). We do not allow discussion of builds here, especially piracy ones or ones that preinstall media sources.

The trademark point has been raised for possible further action.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Thx for the heads up Darren Hill but are some one who have done this on Xenforo forum platform ?
Hello ! thank you very much for your help !!! I have a question, if you could help me please, I have my own login with php, cookies and sessions, until there well, but I do not understand is that special bit of text as I can create? It is the only thing missing me, please help !!
I also do have question. Weblogin works for me, but I just realized that the gethtml does not work. Are any issues with https known? Or is it a problem with the cookie file? I always seem to get back the website as I were not logged in... Any ideas?
I found the problem. The server sends a couple of cookies, and the wrong one is saved.
I was able to the web login py to work, but confused how to add to default py
(2018-02-19, 20:35)todayismyluckyday8 Wrote: I was able to the web login py to work, but confused how to add to default py

I believe you need to save the login.py to a subfolder, ie /plugin.whatever.youraddon/lib/ and then add login.py to the imports at the beginning of your addon.py file.
Kodi Nexus on Dell Optiplex 980 Lubuntu 22.04 | Kodi Nexus on HTPC Lubuntu 20.04 | My Add-ons | Legacy Repo | Matrix Repo
>>>>> Newest MetalChris Addons: NEWSnet| NHL Radio | Weather Unlocked
I have got pretty far with this tutorial, however last challenge is that the cookie is not saving to directory. I am able to get a not logged in message when not logged in, but I get error in error now when credentials are correct:

IOError: (22, "invalid mode ('w') or filename", 'special://home/addons/plugin.program.pluginname/cookies.lwp')
The cookie isnt being generated from addon. 
When I run the weblogin py in idle, the cookie is returned, but not when running it in my addon
(2018-02-20, 17:18)todayismyluckyday8 Wrote: I have got pretty far with this tutorial, however last challenge is that the cookie is not saving to directory. I am able to get a not logged in message when not logged in, but I get error in error now when credentials are correct:

IOError: (22, "invalid mode ('w') or filename", 'special://home/addons/plugin.program.pluginname/cookies.lwp')
The cookie isnt being generated from addon. 
When I run the weblogin py in idle, the cookie is returned, but not when running it in my addon

Think the path I provided above is incorrect. Should be /plugin.whatever.youraddon/resources/lib/

As far as saving the cookie, I'd suggest looking at the code in other addons that do this for some ideas on the code you will need to use in your addon. I believe the NHL and MLB addons by @eracknaphobia would be a good place to look.
Kodi Nexus on Dell Optiplex 980 Lubuntu 22.04 | Kodi Nexus on HTPC Lubuntu 20.04 | My Add-ons | Legacy Repo | Matrix Repo
>>>>> Newest MetalChris Addons: NEWSnet| NHL Radio | Weather Unlocked
Thanks. I got it all up and running!
(2018-02-21, 03:49)todayismyluckyday8 Wrote: Thanks. I got it all up and running!
i'm not able to do it.. did you follow the guide?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[GUIDE] How to add a login function to your addon1