[WIN7] Yet another "My first HTPC" thread
Whoops, sorry about that. How about this link?
i would get the $80 Western Digital Caviar Green.....

Overall its really powerful!!

Still no case Tongue

and the GPU, altho pretty strong, do u really need it?
i know theres a mail in rebate, so thats great...
and its a full size card... be careful when choosing your htpc case
Cool, I will go with the less expensive hard drive.

The case will be the SilverStone GD05B case that KiSUAN recommended. As you said, I will have to do some research to make sure the current GPU will fit in the case.
SilverStone GD05B's height is 12.8 inches,,,
the MSI HD5670's height is 4.41 inches,,,

well, i guess your good to go!
I don't know about the packaging of newegg, but in optical drives I would never recommend to buy an OEM product. I mean this OEM optical drives come in boxes of 5/10/20 with proper protection that is crucial, really important, and as I really don't know the packaging and at least eskro or other user can give testimony of good packaging for optical drive I would strongly recommend you to buy the retail version that's $5 more expensive but have proper packaging.

The height of the GD05B is 5.91", amazon description is wrong, they changed depth for height, anyway it will fit the VGA.
The retail version of the drive also comes with BluRay software... you know so you can actually PLAY a BluRay in your BluRay drive!!! You will have to setup the external player and (probably) remap your remote but that's not too hard, I did it! Wink
Took the plunge and bought what was on my wishlist in my previous post! Can't wait for it to get here!

Thanks again everyone for the helpful information!
congratz!! definitely a powerful HTPC Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WIN7] Yet another "My first HTPC" thread0