Thumnails show in file mode but not in library mode
I'm running xbmc 10.1 on Windows 7. Movies are hosted on an unraid server. All of the movie thumbnails show up fine in file mode, but none show up in library mode. I've read through the wiki and forum posts and played with all sorts of file naming conventions, but nothing seems to work. Fanart shows up fine in library mode. Any ideas?

movie folder - \\tower\Movies\Avatar

This contains:
folder.jpg
Hi!
maybe a dumb question but you did scan files into the library? by setting content on the folder and so on.
Hardware. Asrock VisionX, Onkyo TX-SR508, LG 47", ReadyNAS Ultra 6 TB | Software. XBMC Frodo, Aeon Nox 4.0, Sickbeard, Couchpotato, SABnzbd
[trakt.tv]
That definitely isn't a dumb question, but yes, the content type was set to movies and I scanned the directory into the library.
1. When it scans do you see the progress at the top of the screen? it should say Found Avatar scraping movie or something, currently at work so cant try it my self Smile
2. "Scan Recursively" is enabled?

Another thing to help XBMC is to name the movies by year for avatar the name of the folder should be Avatar (2009).
Hardware. Asrock VisionX, Onkyo TX-SR508, LG 47", ReadyNAS Ultra 6 TB | Software. XBMC Frodo, Aeon Nox 4.0, Sickbeard, Couchpotato, SABnzbd
[trakt.tv]
Star 
smackdaddy33 Wrote:movie folder - \\tower\Movies\Avatar

This contains:

avatar-sample-1080p.mkv <--- bet this is the culprit. rename it to avatar-trailer.mkv if you must have it. There's nothing in the IMDB about samples and it's trying to get this as a full movie. Keyboard 'I' rescrape after this.

folder.jpg

The - 'minus' sign is an operator that XBMC looks for, it could be tripping up
You might have to del the whole folder and try again after a clean-up.
It's probably just that "avatar-1080p" hits something that is not avatar the movie.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

I got one of the thumbnails to show up in library mode by accident. It turns out that once I start playing a movie in library mode, the thumbnail image for that movie will show up from that point forward. It seems like xbmc is not grabbing the cached image for thumbs until after I try to play the movie. Is this a possible bug? It seems like it could be to me.
bump...

Does anyone have any ideas why the thumbnail for a movie does not show up in library mode until after I start playing that particular movie?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Thumnails show in file mode but not in library mode0