OpenELEC HTPC
Malard Wrote:Jack, its just a native openelec install, so you can do anything you like via ssh.

Yes, but I am not familiar with ssh. That's why I would buy an OpenELEC HTPC. Because it's more user friendly. I would expect it appears in my windows network when I plug it in my network so I can edit any file on it with a windows program or copy any file to it or from it through the windows network. I would prefer not to use vi to edit files. But does it work like that out of the box?

I currently have a mediaplayer of Eminent that works like that that also runs Linux. But you do not notice that it runs linux. I am thinking of replacing it with an OpenElec HTPC.
radiantdreamer Wrote:The box is pretty sweet, and seems like it would work for me. Just the price point is a tad bit on the expensive side compared to competitors like Asus O Play and Boxee Box. 99 and 199 respectively.

I'd be willing to drop 200 for this, maybe a bit more, but over that seems premium for not much else?

Since when did the Boxee Box or Asus run XBMC? Last time i checked they ran their own ugly/crappy/buggy/half functional software....
I have a WHS samba share for my Thumbnails. Whats the best way to mount this share and use it for my thumbnails on my openelec box?
JackSparrow Wrote:Yes, but I am not familiar with ssh. That's why I would buy an OpenELEC HTPC. Because it's more user friendly. I would expect it appears in my windows network when I plug it in my network so I can edit any file on it with a windows program or copy any file to it or from it through the windows network. I would prefer not to use vi to edit files. But does it work like that out of the box?

I currently have a mediaplayer of Eminent that works like that that also runs Linux. But you do not notice that it runs linux. I am thinking of replacing it with an OpenElec HTPC.

As soon as you turn on any OpenELEC equipped device, the shares appear under your Windows network devices folder.

I must confess it has too many shares to my taste (videos, music, screenshots, pics, config, etc). I would prefer a single share named after whatever name you decide to give to the box and under that all the different available folders.

I know this is configurable IF one knows their way around with SSH. I do but not all users do or like it. The key phrase were is "Yes, but I am not familiar with ssh."

Just my 2c.
f**k..... started editing without sudo | M.K.

Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
To change samba config or other configs you don't really need ssh. The common configfiles are shared on samba by default, so all you need is to edit those with wordpad/notepad++ and reboot. So essentially there is no real need for SSH.
Samsung ES7005 55" led tv - Denon AVR-3313 - NAD C275BEE - B&W DM683 - B&W HTM61 - B&W 686
Intel NUC D34010WYK - 128GB Crucial ssd, Built in IR Receiver
And a Logitech Harmony Touch to control it all. https://libreelec.tv
Retired: Asus EB1501P ION2 - OCZ Vertex 2 64gb ssd - Built in IR Receiver
Well, it's past 28 may 2011. There should be people who received their OpenELEC HTPC. Unless the run into problems. The strange thing is when you go to the pulse-eight website you can no longer order the OpenELEC HTPC so that would suggest they run into problems. They removed all the pictures.

Anybody know anything about this? Is there a new date for delivery of the OpenELEC HTPC from pulse-eight?
Hey,

Just to put you in the picture, we've had an issue with that supplier and had to pull it, until we can get a new one, I've been frantically trying to get this all resolved (everyone who pre-ordered got refunded)

Will have something new and better to show soon!

Cheers

Martin

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC HTPC0