XBMC Stargate Animated Home Screen
Any Stargate fans out there:

This is done completely within the XBMC skinning engine. This is just something I threw together in a short evening. The animations aren't exactly right and the event horizon texture isn't perfect either but I'd say it's good enough for a proof of concept.

If anyone wants to add this to their home screen here are the files needed:
https://hotfile.com/dl/155270629/c6c9e59...n.zip.html
I would say long live Stargate but SGU is pretty lame Smile the first two were great though and nice effect I assume its just a couple of rotating textures right ?
I'm kind of liking SGU. It's not as campy as the first two and the characters seem a bit more interesting. Though it's definitely not action packed.

It is a single image twice. One is flipped on it's y axis and they rotate opposite of each other and there is a pulsed zoom animation to try and mask it. Not perfect yet but I'm proud of what I got done in an evening.
You know, you combine that with an "entering the stargate" animation when clicking a menu item, and you've got a real winner right there. I'd sure as heck use it.
wannabegt4 Wrote:Any Stargate fans out there:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsY338FsJgM

This is done completely within the XBMC skinning engine. This is just something I threw together in a short evening. The animations aren't exactly right and the event horizon texture isn't perfect either but I'd say it's good enough for a proof of concept.

Sweet!!!Big Grin share to the world!!!
I like stargate ,-) I own the complete season 1-10
Surely as you flick between videos/tv/movies etc the chevrons should rotate?

There's a whole skin in this...
Addons I wrote &/or maintain:
OzWeather (Australian BOM weather) | Check Previous Episode | Playback Resumer | Unpause Jumpback | XSqueezeDisplay | (Legacy - XSqueeze & XZen)
Sorry, no help w/out a *full debug log*.
bossanova808 Wrote:Surely as you flick between videos/tv/movies etc the chevrons should rotate?

There's a whole skin in this...
Technically no since the worm hole is already established. Though as an intro screen there could be rotating chevrons and the splash when it connects but I think that would take too long to get to the home screen if done right.

natethomas Wrote:You know, you combine that with an "entering the stargate" animation when clicking a menu item, and you've got a real winner right there. I'd sure as heck use it.
If you're talking about the wormhole then yes I've started that already.
Nice... good to see new fresh ideas.
Cheers
ubuntuf4n
Hey, the 8th and 9th chevrons aren't lit! Laugh
id like to get Amanda Tapping to see my worm hole Laugh
TugboatBill Wrote:Hey, the 8th and 9th chevrons aren't lit! Laugh
Yeah Intergalactic travel is too much for XBMC to handle right now. We have to stay within the milky way due to technical limitations... Yeah... that's my story and I'm stickin' to it.

djashjones Wrote:id like to get Amanda Tapping to see my worm hole Laugh
I'm going to go ahead and assume you're a woman... Otherwise... well lets not go there.
ha ha. (ok, crap joke)

Tried to get the misses into SG1 She was really enjoying it as she is not a sci fi and SG1 does have quite abit of humour and its based on egyptian history, so abit of facts there. Then the gould lava pops out of Teal'c stomach and that was the death for stargate for her. Sad
wannabegt4 Wrote:Any Stargate fans out there:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsY338FsJgM

this is awesome!!!!Big Grin
Id love to have this, or any other coll looking video animation in the home screen, in my htpc. Is this something that we have to mod our way to achieve? or are there already plugins that will let us do this?
- newbie here. thanks!

good job man!
If anyone wants to add this to their home screen here are the files needed:

https://hotfile.com/dl/155270629/c6c9e59...n.zip.html

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Stargate Animated Home Screen1