Navigating back from the favourites
I'm using the favourites in the home window frequently. That's where I have the links to all my important (video) smart playlists.

Accessing such a smart playlist via the favourites is easy. Navigating back is a little annoying though. It needs multiple times pressing the back/backspace key to navigate up within the video hierarchy. Finally I'm getting to the home window again, but not directly to the favourites. I know, at least the ESC key brings me to the home window directly, but that's not very intuitive when using a remote control.

Is there any chance to get back directly to the favourites window on the home screen, when pressing the back button in a window, which I have accessed through the favourites?

Or is this beyond the things you can achieve with the skin?

Thanks,
_ak1_
Follow the directions in http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Keymap.xml to update the keymap.xml with a key for directly activating the Favourites menu.

The command, or action, to activate the Favourites menu is:
Code:
XBMC.ActivateWindow(WINDOW_DIALOG_FAVOURITES)
I'll have to see how it is set now, but it should be relatively easy to set the default behavior to return to the Home screen. (I think)
-stoli-
@stoli: I would appreciate if you could have a look at this.

But probably it's simply because backspace does always navigate to the parent directory. In many cases this is the previous windows. But unfortunately it's not if you used favourites to jump to a specific view of a playlist.

Perhaps XBMC lacks something like "back to previous window".

@itsalltrash: Thanks for this hint. That's also a good workaround. It's with all the workarounds in this situations. You have to use two different buttons on the remote control. The standard back button and an addl. button which brings you directly to the favourites window (or the home screen)
I did some quick testing with this and I'm not sure if it's possible. If you link a favorite to just one movie, it returns automatically to the home menu when pressing backspace, so it looks like it 'breaks' when there is a smart playlist involved... I'll keep working on it and see if there is a clean solution.

Thanks,
-stoli-
favourites is a dialog and not a 'regular' window.
there's no way you can automatically return to it.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Navigating back from the favourites0