problems streaming avi videos to xbox 360?
Hi im really new at this. I just got xbmc today. I can stream .mp4 videos just fine. But whenever i stream avi files, it keps giving me an error "80-C00DF242"

and "can't play this content because it contains audio or video with an unsupported codec"

But i went to xbox's website and everything and it says avi files are indeed supported. how can't the xbox not play avi now that it's 2011?

thanks in advanced.
The Xbox 360 has very limited media support, only MPEG-4 ASP is supported in avi containers with mp3 or AC3 audio, if your avi files dont have those codecs then they will not play on the 360

A container can hold more than one type of codec, also you might have to play an avi file on the 360 in order to get it to install the MPEG-4 ASP plugin.

Lastly if your just looking for a UPnP server you might want to use something like Serviio instead as it includes a transcoder that will make the 360 plays files it does not normally support.
Ohh i see now. thanks so much!

just wondering, do you know of other upnp server programs that streams to xbox 360 that does automatic transcoding while playing? like TVersity.

does serviio do that?

thanks for the help! appreciate it.
and the reason im looking for an automatic transcoder like TVersity (only for windows though) is that it woudl be nice and convient to watch the video right away instead of waiting to transcode it to a playable file which might take 20-40 minutes.

anything like this for the mac os x?

thanks in advanced!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
problems streaming avi videos to xbox 360?0