Disable "Welcome" Text from Windows 7 Welcome Screen
I'm trying to hide all remnants of windows during the startup to give the illusion that XBMC is being booted directly after the bios screen. So far I disabled the startup GUI, changed the welcome screen background to be exactly the same as the XBMC startup screen. Also, windows is set to autologin into windows and boots eventghost as a shell which boots directly into XBMC (plus use the -hide parameter to hide eventghost). BUT there is 2 things left I need to do to hide the remnants of the windows startup:

1. Disable the "welcome" text and loading circle thingy from the windows welcome screen.

Is there a way the welcome screen can be disabled all together? or at the very least disable the the "welcome" text?

2. After the welcome screen is finished loading, Hide or Disable the mouse cursor

I figure I can find an all black cursor to fix that, but my only concern with that if there is any need for me to get into explorer I wont be able to see the cursor since my background is set to all black. I think the cursor is secondary to the welcome screen.

Thanks for any help.
The welcome-screen can be disabled:
Hit "Windows-Key" + "R" and type "control userpasswords2" and uncheck the option "User need to enter username and password at logon". You will be prompted do define the default user which logs in. After you set it up, restart - you shouldn't see the welcome-screen altogether.

You could disable the mouse-cursor in XBMC, XBMC would hide it then...or do you mean in the time between logging on and starting XBMC? That would be impossible...
Need help? Check out my XBMC Frodo Guide. It contains full featured guides to Sickbeard and CouchPotato as well.

HenryFord Wrote:The welcome-screen can be disabled:
Hit "Windows-Key" + "R" and type "control userpasswords2" and uncheck the option "User need to enter username and password at logon". You will be prompted do define the default user which logs in. After you set it up, restart - you shouldn't see the welcome-screen altogether.

I done this. It only disables the login portion on the welcome screen, but still shows the word "welcome" and the loading circle thingy in the middle of the page and the "Windows Ultimate" logo on the bottom of the screen.

I wonder if I can't remove that screen altogether, if I can at least change the "welcome" text to "Loading," then move it lower or higher just so its not sitting right in the middle of the XBMC logo. It just looks tacky as is.

HenryFord Wrote:or do you mean in the time between logging on and starting XBMC? That would be impossible...

Yes, this is what I mean. If it is impossible to completely remove it, is it possible to at least move the cursor in a far corner of the screen where it is not so obvious that its there at startup?
deezp1 Wrote:I done this. It only disables the login portion on the welcome screen, but still shows the word "welcome" and the loading circle thingy in the middle of the page and the "Windows Ultimate" logo on the bottom of the screen.

I wonder if I can't remove that screen altogether, if I can at least change the "welcome" text to "Loading," then move it lower or higher just so its not sitting right in the middle of the XBMC logo. It just looks tacky as is.
Nope - that is not possible. The screen inbetween and the "Welcome" cannot be changed. I _guess_ you could change the corresponding image file, but I have no idea where that could hide... Maybe google it, but I really do not think that you will find an answer.

Quote:Yes, this is what I mean. If it is impossible to completely remove it, is it possible to at least move the cursor in a far corner of the screen where it is not so obvious that its there at startup?
A "No" on this end either - sorry Wink That isn't possible as well...

Maybe you would be better off with the Live-Installation or OpenELEC (or do you need DirectX?)
Need help? Check out my XBMC Frodo Guide. It contains full featured guides to Sickbeard and CouchPotato as well.

You can find how to remove logon logo here:
http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/319...nding.html

You can change logon screen here:
http://www.makeuseof.com/answers/work-home/

There is no explications but this video shows an example of what you want : this possible...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wErQEGnuyYQ

For the cursor you have a solution here:
http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/attachme...cursor.rar
deezp1 Wrote:1. Disable the "welcome" text and loading circle thingy from the windows welcome screen.

For Circle edit the file "imageres.dll" in system32 folder and suppress bitmaps (you have to take ownership of the file before).
After that if you see a ring again for a little time, you can also put a transparent cursor in these regedit keys:
HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Control Panel\Cursors

deezp1 Wrote:Is there a way the welcome screen can be disabled all together? or at the very least disable the the "welcome" text?

I don't find any solution to remove welcome text but with "Windows 7 Logon Background Changer" you can remove shadows on the text and put a white backgroup where the text is (like on this video : the text is here but not visible)

Edit : I found a way to remove it or modify it with reshacker here.
deezp1 Wrote:2. After the welcome screen is finished loading, Hide or Disable the mouse cursor.

Use transparent cursor with the control panel.
You can find one here for example.
Hi.
i was able to switch off all welcome messages, shutdown messages the spinning wheel and windows brandings.
One icon i can't remove is the language icon (upper left corner) during the logon prozess.
Mine says DE for german.
Any idea how to remove this icon?
Yes, in control panel -> keyboard and language settings -> remove all useless keyboard languages then go to administrative tab and clic on "copy settings" -> "welcome screen and system accounts".

That s all Smile
thx that did the trick. no i have a full branded xbmc.
i changed the bios logo too.

no signs of windows 7.
in win 7, because I sometimes need the mouse, I created two themes, they are the same except one of them has transparent mouse cursors.

So if I need to use the mouse, I right click and select personalize, from there I can easily select the theme with regular cursors without seeing the pointer
(2011-04-30, 23:42)_Andy_ Wrote: Hi.
i was able to switch off all welcome messages, shutdown messages the spinning wheel and windows brandings.
One icon i can't remove is the language icon (upper left corner) during the logon prozess.
Mine says DE for german.
Any idea how to remove this icon?

Can you provide a step-by-step howto?

Regards

Zoli
1.) PC: i5 750 2.67GHz, 6GB, Win7 x64, GeForce GT 330, XBMC 13.1, Dual-mon, on 2. monitor (1680x1050@60Hz, native res)
2.) Tablet: Samsung Tab 3 p5200: Kodi 14
3.) Phone: Samsung Galaxy A3: Kodi 17
4.) Media box: H96 Pro Plus (Alfawise), Android 7.1, Kodi 17
all devices streaming from a YaVDR server via VNSI addon
remonte: Yatse
[quote pid='785794' dateline='1304083079']
deezp1 Wrote:1. Disable the "welcome" text and loading circle thingy from the windows welcome screen.

For Circle edit the file "imageres.dll" in system32 folder and suppress bitmaps (you have to take ownership of the file before).
After that if you see a ring again for a little time, you can also put a transparent cursor in these regedit keys:

deezp1 Wrote:Is there a way the welcome screen can be disabled all together? or at the very least disable the the "welcome" text?

I don't find any solution to remove welcome text but with "Windows 7 Logon Background Changer" you can remove shadows on the text and put a white backgroup where the text is (like on this video : the text is here but not visible)

deezp1 Wrote:2. After the welcome screen is finished loading, Hide or Disable the mouse cursor.

[/quote]

Did you use "run as administrator" on Resource Hacker?

Did you "copy and replace" the modified file from the Desktop into the System32 folder?

If you did, then try doing it while logged in another administrator account or in the built-in Administrator account to see if it may just be something wrong in your user account.
(2016-11-14, 08:47)Jackson11 Wrote: [quote pid='785794' dateline='1304083079']

Did you "copy and replace" the modified file from the Desktop into the System32 folder?

If you did, then try doing it while logged in another administrator account or in the built-in Administrator account to see if it may just be something wrong in your user account.
[/quote]

reshacker worked flawlessly and I have changed my Windows 7 logon text. Thanks a lot!
(2016-11-14, 08:47)Jackson11 Wrote: [quote pid='785794' dateline='1304083079']

Edit : I found a way to bypass Windows 7 password or modify it with reshacker here.

You can find one for example.

[/quote]
I agree with your idea , for Windows password problem , we have many solutions to create a new password or recover it back ,
Booting directly into a LibreElec thumb drive might be an option?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Disable "Welcome" Text from Windows 7 Welcome Screen0