Mark as Watched not working for TV Shows
If I set the Mark as Watched flag for a TV Show or episode, the change doesn't reflect in my UI. For movies it is working fine.
Any idea on how I can locate this bug and fix it? Or is there some setting for this?

Kind Regards
A little more detail will help - particularly what skin are you using? Many have options to enable/disable watched flags separately for TV and Movies.
-stoli-
Sorry, I'm fairly new to this.
I use the Aeon65 skin and on one of my machines (desktop) the mark as watched is working fine.
On my notebook, I have installed it, i've cross referenced the settings, but it still won't work properly. I've also tried setting it back to the confluence skin, but this results in the same, I choose mark as watched, but changes do not reflect in the UI.
If I watch an episode the flag is being showed after the episode is finished, but when watching a next episode or leaving the screen, the flag is discarded again.
On your laptop are you sure you are in Library mode and not File?
  • Using Confluence, select Videos > TV Shows
  • Select a TV show and press W on the keyboard
  • Does it show a checkmark now?

If the above doesn't work, go to System > System > Debugging > Enable debugging. Then repeat the same steps above and post the resulting xbmc.log file to pastebin.com and post the link here.
-stoli-
Thanks for your answer, I will try this this evening.
I'm pretty sure I'm running in Library mode, but I will definitely check.
I've already tried setting it up on a 3rd machine. On This 3rd machine I have the same
behavior. Watched flag for TV Shows fails when trying to set it, it is flagged when watching an episode, but when watching an other episode or leaving the screen the flag is discarded again.

It might be worth mentioning that all 3 machines use my NAS as source for the movies and tv shows.
Furthermore I use Ember Media Manager to scrape info. I have a .nfo file in all my folders but I thought XBMC uses it's database as default location for watched flags (witch is desired in my case since every machine represents a different user).
I was already running in Library mode as expected. Pressing W results in the selected item
being left and the focus is set on the next item, but no indication of the watched flag is being shown. Here is my xbmc.log for the actions I took.

http://pastebin.com/t7XvvE1h
I've found out that switching my source for the tv show from \\myNas ... to smb:\\myNas... solved the problem. Still weird why it wouldn't work properly using \\myNas.

If your source is external use smb: in your path.

But can any one explain why?
Hi all,
i'm getting the same issue, but it started to fail after installing windows 7 x64 sp1. I'm running xbmc 10.1 + neon on w7 x64 home premium.
Before the update all was fine. Also changed skin but the same issue, so it's not problem of the skin.

More info: if I show episode options on a watched one I can set it as not watched, but no icon is shown. Same if the whole tv show is watched, no icon shown.

Here is my log: http://pastebin.com/RVjDaFrY

Thanks!
Strat_87 Wrote:I've found out that switching my source for the tv show from \\myNas ... to smb:\\myNas... solved the problem. Still weird why it wouldn't work properly using \\myNas.

If your source is external use smb: in your path.

But can any one explain why?
I'm using smb: ... Sad
Maybe try and follow my exact steps to get rid of the problem.
CAUTION: Watched flags will be lost & scraped info maybe as well if you don't use third party scraper.
I've deleted the myvideos##.db under c:/users/USER/appData/roaming/xbmc/userdata
I opened xbmc, wen't to videos, removed my source, remove from library <yes>.
added new source to same path but with smb: in front.
contains: TV SHOWS => run automated scan (yes) => OK
Strat,
what you did is create a new library. If it worked it seems to be a "database problem" , although the database is fine because if I get options of a watched episode I can only set it as unwatched. Did you try that?

If any developer wants my database please let me know and I'll send it. Also let me know what can I do for helping you to review this "bug"

Thanks
More info about the issue : if I set a movie as watched, using library view, I can see the icon(also if I set it as unwatched it removes the icon) but if I browse to the movie path using file view (not using library) I cannot view the watched icon, although it was set as watched (if I switch again to library view I can see the icon).

I hope it can help to solve the bug.

Thanks
nabz Wrote:Hi all,
i'm getting the same issue, but it started to fail after installing windows 7 x64 sp1. I'm running xbmc 10.1 + neon on w7 x64 home premium.
Before the update all was fine. Also changed skin but the same issue, so it's not problem of the skin.

More info: if I show episode options on a watched one I can set it as not watched, but no icon is shown. Same if the whole tv show is watched, no icon shown.

Here is my log: http://pastebin.com/RVjDaFrY

Thanks!

You have a whole ton of stuff going on in that log, scans, info screens, more scans...

Try this:

Enable debugging
Exit/restart XBMC
Go to TV Shows or Movies
Mark an episode as watched
Exit xbmc

Post the debug log file.

EDIT: Neon is not set to display watched flags in File mode for movies...
-stoli-
Thanks for reply Stoli. Here is the requested log

http://pastebin.com/4gJtfF32

Also created a new database scanning one tv show(castle) and one movie, but the issue remains.

Perhaps trying to remove the windows 7 sp1 will give more clues...
Thanks
NEWS!! It seems to be an skin problem, but not related only to neon (my skin). I'll do a list... now I'm checking with all skins I have installed

Alaska - Fail
Confluence - OK
Neon - fail
Alaska revisited mod - OK
Mediastream redux - OK
Night - Fail
PM3.HD - OK
Shade - Fail
Slik - OK

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Mark as Watched not working for TV Shows0