• 11(current)
[LINUX] HD Video Corruption with pre-11.0 PVR (ffmpeg?) and VDPAU
There doesn't seem to be an icon for fireworks, so I'll just have to be more low-key...

Compiled successfully, and this seems to play any file I throw at it - certainly the problematic H.264 ones. So, I have to say that your patch seems to be working, FernetMenta - thank you and congratulations!

The qualification I have to add is that I've been unable to get the iPlayer plugin to work yet, so I can't test "live" HD streaming. However, whether this is something to do with your patch, or the plugin, or something else... that I don't know. Certainly disabling VDPAU makes no difference, the iPlayer plugin still fails, so that suggests it's nothing to do with any changes you've made.

So, while still needing to test iPlayer to be definitive - but this appears to be success! Big Grin

----

EDIT: I've posted something to the end of the iPlayer thread to see if anyone else is aware of why the plugin isn't working - or can do some further testing for us, anyway. The script is merely meant to hand the URL over to XBMC (DVDPlayer?) for processing, so shouldn't be affected at all - but let's see.
FernetMenta Wrote:I have a fix for this:
https://github.com/FernetMenta/xbmc/tree/mainline

Can anyone confirm that it works?

Yes! I've just done a git pull of the latest source which plays with the video still corrupt. After applying your changes it plays perfectly.

Nice, thank you!
BTW, streaming BBC HD also works fine using xbmc-pvr & tvheadend or BBC iPlayer.
Answers my question, then - thanks, AdamLaurie. Wonder why it won't work on my system... the iPlayer plugin works fine on my production system (which doesn't have this patch) but both the 4oD and the itvplayer plugins fail in the same way as iPlayer does on my dev system (which does have this patch).

No matter, my problem to resolve. Looks like the great green monster is reaching the end, though!
Okay, looks like it was a red herring - I had my suspicions, but had to comment anyway! My dev system didn't have librtmp-dev installed, so iPlayer never was going to work... note to self: pay attention to debug logs and config.log next time ...

Installed, configured, compiled, and working like a charm. iPlayer HD streams are now perfect along with any local file playback.

As a slight aside... I hadn't looked before, but itvplayer suffers/ed the same corruption across the board - so obviously it's broadcasting an odd-sized file as well.

And as a complete aside (because I mentioned the plugin, so I'll record it here) - 4oD and itvplayer both seem to demand librtmp v2.4. It's probably something to do with SWF verification and/or handshaking, from what I could read. Anyway, I had to build that as well:

git clone git://git.ffmpeg.org/rtmpdump
cd rtmpdump/librtmp
make SYS=posix
sudo make prefix=/usr install

(I'm not sure if the SYS=posix was necessary, but it didn't seem to harm!).
Big Grin 
I'll have to wait until this makes it into the ubuntu 'nightly' debs before I can use it, but a big thanks to Fernet Menta & Prof Yaffle for their efforts in getting this sorted.

Once again I'll be able to watch iPlayer HD streams.

Simon.
@FernetMenta ... so... to bring this to a close, I think... are we done? Having chased it down for over seven months, I feel kind of lonely without it :p

It seems that your VDPAU fix has now been merged into Dushmaniac's PVR code, so I'm guessing it's rippled into the whole XBMC branch. You did a fabulous job of sticking with this and fixing it, so let me know if there's anything remaining that needs doing here before we consign this thread to the archives (and may Google have mercy on its soul).

Thanks again, and to everyone else who waded in as well.
Just to chip in, can confirm that this also solves the itvplayer corruption in the lower half of the screen.

Jim
We (the entire community) have to thank you Prof Yaffle for driving all this. Your effort has made XBMC better and many users happy Smile
Thanks again!
Hear, hear!
It was a team effort in the end, guys, and I'm glad we got it fixed together.

Now, I seem to be having a little problem with ProjectM and screen resolution... hmmm, where to start... Big Grin

Cheers, all - case closed.
Hi

I've just started playing with XBMC. I'm running XBMC DVR built on the 24th of April 2012 on Ubuntu 12, on a Revo 3610, and am seeing this corruption. Can anyone point me in the direction of how to fix it? I've read this thread but it's not clear to me!

Thanks
Better start a new thread and post a debug log (xmbclogs.com). The problem which was subject of this thread is long fixed.
  • 11(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[LINUX] HD Video Corruption with pre-11.0 PVR (ffmpeg?) and VDPAU0