How Do I Force the TV Recordings to Refresh?
Hey Guys,

I'm using XBMC with the ForTheRecord PVR plugin and it's working great for the most part.

One thing that I notice is that the 'TV Recordings' area within the Live TV menu doesn't appear to refresh the recordings on a regular basis. Something like this happens:

1. Shows A, B, C exist in the TV Recordings
2. Show D records
3. TV Recordings still only has Shows A, B, C
4. I watch Show A, delete it
5. When Show A is deleted, the directory gets refreshed and Shows B, C, D now appear

Is there any way for me to manually refresh this directory? Is there a setting somewhere that will refresh it regularly for me? This is most important when I want to work around the lack of timeshifting support by starting a show recording, waiting a few minutes, then starting from TV Recordings.

Thanks again for all of the efforts on this!
Try hitting OK when the recordings menu item is selected in the fly-out menu on the left of the screen.

Works. Thanks Tom!
I think Fred (dev for the FTR XBMC plugin) was looking in to providing an option to update XBMC's library when a recording completes, the problem is while you can send a notification about the event there doesn't seem to be a built in way to do a library refresh for recordings like there is for the video/audio libraries. The PVR stuff is very much a work in progress so hopefully this will be rectified in coming months.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How Do I Force the TV Recordings to Refresh?0