thumbnail loading slow (tbn)
My video thumbnails are all TBN files, when scrolling in thumbnail view it seems to take ages to load some thumbnails. then 6 will appear all at once, then when scrolling back up it seems to forget one or two then re-load them, slowly. What gives?

Windows XP Pro, 2GHz Athlon, 1GB Ram, Proper full screen mode.
Your pc is too slow.

• Intel NUC Kit DN2820FYKH ~ Crucial DDR3L SO-DIMM 4GB ~ SanDisk ReadyCache 32GB SSD ~ Microsoft MCE model 1039 RC6 remote
2Ghz is too slow to load a few JPGs (that are all 280x400) and stick them on screen?

Wow, that means every web browser in existence must run on magic instead of clock cycles, then.
XBMC isn't a web browser.

• Intel NUC Kit DN2820FYKH ~ Crucial DDR3L SO-DIMM 4GB ~ SanDisk ReadyCache 32GB SSD ~ Microsoft MCE model 1039 RC6 remote
Single core CPU, graphics drivers that busy wait on vsync -> background threads are starved. My guess is ATI.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Nvidia geforce fx5200.

Will be getting a dedicated ATOM rig later in the year, I just think it's daft that the UI code is so suboptimal.
don't bother with atom... atom is dead dude. Fusion or Sandy Bridge, makes atom seem like molasses in december
Sounds like you have something setup wrong, or bad drivers for the 5200. A debug log may give some pointers.

In either case, it's almost certain that your GPU is busy waiting on vsync. There's some advanced settings you can play around with - sleepbeforeflip in particular - see the wiki.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
thumbnail loading slow (tbn)0