[WINDOWS] Events etc from xbmc, guidance needed
Question 
I'm currently writing an app for controling the OLED display in my HTPC case and I'm trying to find out how to feed it with info from XBMC (play, pause, progress etc). My question is if (and how) XBMC is outputting this info. Or do I have to pull it from XBMC?

Any guidance on which direction to look would be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance
.stompp
Your focus needs more focus
Current WIP: Karma TF8
If you want to get notified about status changes you should take a look at our JSON-RPC API. Most information can be retrieved from this thread but beware that most of the early info in that thread is outdated. The latest changes have been outlined in this thread.

While JSON-RPC provides notifications about status changes in XBMC you'll still have to actively pull the info from XBMC to get more details.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
Smile 
Great, thank you Montellese Big Grin

I've peeked at the JSON-RPC API and the iMON project. Kinda figured out that was the way to go. Just wasn't sure about the notifications. Pulling the details from XBMC is no issue as long as I can receive a notification - polling is no fun Wink
Your focus needs more focus
Current WIP: Karma TF8

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WINDOWS] Events etc from xbmc, guidance needed0