XBMC channel numbering changes (with vdr-vnsiserver))
Hello,

The XBMC-PVR branch is nowadays much more stable than it ever was! Thanks for the effort!
However, something has changed in the 'channel behaviour' since a few weeks. I noticed that my DVB-T channels are always shifting throughout my channel list. To be complete, I should also keep an eye on the channel numbering for the SAT channels but on first sight, there's no issue with these.

I'll give an example:
* in vdr channels.conf, my DVB-T channels are always the first in the list
* in XBMC however, my DVB-T channels are first in the list when first synchronized but they keep on shifting since that point. They're not lost, just moved.

I mentioned in the title that I use VNSISERVER to connect to VDR. I read in another thread ther's been an API change. Maybe it's related?
Does someone experience the same (with other interfaces)?

I could try to bypass this by creating a seperate channel group of course. I just thought it was worth mentioning it...

Kind regards,

Jan
please pastebin a full debug log.
could be related to recent api changes indeed.
opdenkamp / dushmaniac

xbmc-pvr [Eden-PVR builds] [now included in mainline XBMC, so no more source link here :)]
personal website: [link]

Found a problem with PVR? Report it on Trac, under "PVR - core components". Please attach the full debug log.

If you like my work, please consider donating to me and/or Team XBMC.
I tried pvr git from March, 25 with vnsi Server. For me, its not usable, because the 400+ DVB-C Channels are mixed with my about 10 Favorites. Sorted Channellist from VDR is ignored, and its nearly impossible to dig them out each time.
Also, I am not able to build channel groups as a workaround ( maybe i'm too stupid ?). I build one, but its not chooseable. Always shows the 400+ mixed channel List
Nevertheless, thanks for great efforts
Server OpenSuSE 12.3 - vdr-2.2.0 - 2xSatelco EasyWatch-C - streamdev-server git-19.02.15
Client OpenSuSE 12.3 - vdr-2.2.0 - SoftHDDevice git-19.02.15 - XBMC - Nvidia GT 610 / 331.79
Client Zbox ID84 OpenSuse 12.3 - vdr-2.2.0 - SoftHDDevice git-19.02.15 - Nvidia 331.79
the channel lists from vdr are not taken because the add-on author didn't implement it. I'm only maintaining the tvheadend add-on myself.

you can create channel groups in the group manager (accessible from the channel manager). take the prebuilt package from my ppa or build it yourself from my github repos, the pvr-ppa branch. 25 march is ancient ;-)
opdenkamp / dushmaniac

xbmc-pvr [Eden-PVR builds] [now included in mainline XBMC, so no more source link here :)]

Found a problem with PVR? Report it on Trac, under "PVR - core components". Please attach the full debug log.

Hey,

The logging of a first synchronization : http://pastebin.com/ew2VyQmB
Here the channels 'een' and 'canvas' are on channel position 1 and 2

The logging of a second start (a few minutes later) : http://pastebin.com/1QDwWTHX
Here the channels 'een' and 'canvas' are on channel position 426 and 427...

I noticed in the second logging that the channels are being deleted, or am I wrong?

Regards,

Jan
just explained it in the second part of this post: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?p=7...post779828
opdenkamp / dushmaniac

herrjones Wrote:Hey,

The logging of a first synchronization : http://pastebin.com/ew2VyQmB
Here the channels 'een' and 'canvas' are on channel position 1 and 2

The logging of a second start (a few minutes later) : http://pastebin.com/1QDwWTHX
Here the channels 'een' and 'canvas' are on channel position 426 and 427...

I noticed in the second logging that the channels are being deleted, or am I wrong?

Regards,

Jan

Code:
VDR VNSI Client: Logged in at '1303333503+7200' to 'VDR-Network-Streaming-Interface (VNSI) Server' Version: '0.0.1' with protocol version '140174847639554'

that's a bit strange. protocol should be 1 or 2. what version of the vnsi vdr plugin are you using?

another problem might be vdr's unique channel id. according to vdr doc it is defines as: SRC-NID-TID-SID-RID. if one of those paramters is changed, a channel gets a new unique id: PVR will create a new entry for this channel and will delete the old one -> position will change as well.

- can you compare you channels.conf and check if it changes?
- if this is the case, you can try to turn of channel update in setup.conf

maybe we need to find a different way to determine uniqueness of a vdr channel
I'm also having this issue. Only since the build "2:11.0 pvr+odk28~git20110419.3513480-0ubuntu1~ppa+odk28~lucid"

I'm guessing this is when the VNSI addon changes occured.
I'm having the same problem.
I'm using latest vdr-plugin-vnsiserver dated 2011-04-16 commit: febb69a2becc2a386621
decaturguy Wrote:I'm having the same problem.
I'm using latest vdr-plugin-vnsiserver dated 2011-04-16 commit: febb69a2becc2a386621

do you see a change of the parameters in channels.conf when reordering of channels occur?
FernetMenta Wrote:do you see a change of the parameters in channels.conf when reordering of channels occur?

in vdr it set to NOT update channels.conf
setup.conf
UpdateChannels =0

0 : means no update,
1 : will only update channel names,
2 : will update channel names and PIDs,
3 : will perform all updates and also add newly found channels, and
4 : will also add newly found transponders.
if my providers make changes to channels like change channel names or pid they usually don't do that maybe once every 1,5 - 2 years. i set to UpdateChannels =2 and as for new channels i add it manually.
in that case it's a bug in the vnsi add-on.
channel unique ids may not change. if they change, xbmc will think it's a new channel.
opdenkamp / dushmaniac

that's what i am trying to find out. maybe my question was not clear enough.

vdr's unique channel id is comprised of Source, SID, NID, TID, RID. This is a string similar to : S19.2E-1-1089-12003-0. SID, NID, TID, RID are the last 4 numbers of a line in channels.conf.

if this problem is related to vnsi's construction of a channel's uid, you should notice a change of one of those numbers when the problem occur (typically after a restart). if not, we have to look somewhere else.

i have seen the problem too, but it does not happen very often.
the problem is identified and will be fixed soon in vdr-plugin-vnsiserver.
Thanks Big Grin thats good news, keep up the good work.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC channel numbering changes (with vdr-vnsiserver))1