XBMC channel numbering changes (with vdr-vnsiserver))
Thanks for the links. I'll try and give them a go tomorrow at some point.
How am I supposed to use the VNSI binary? I'm used to .debs in this situation :$
ant_thomas Wrote:How am I supposed to use the VNSI binary? I'm used to .debs in this situation :$

Sorry for the late reply. You will just need to copy the binary VNSI plugin into the /usr/lib/vdr/plugins folder:
Code:
sudo cp libvdr-vnsiserver.so.1.7.16 /usr/lib/vdr/plugins/

Then restart vdr:
Code:
sudo /etc/init.d/vdr restart

That should do the trick.
tiomo Wrote:Sorry for the late reply. You will just need to copy the binary VNSI plugin into the /usr/lib/vdr/plugins folder:
Code:
sudo cp libvdr-vnsiserver.so.1.7.16 /usr/lib/vdr/plugins/

Then restart vdr:
Code:
sudo /etc/init.d/vdr restart

That should do the trick.

Hmm, I'm running VDR 1.7.17 so it doesn't seem to work.
ant_thomas Wrote:Hmm, I'm running VDR 1.7.17 so it doesn't seem to work.

Try this:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/oragj9

vnsiserver plugin for vdr 1.7.17
compiled 2011-04-27 on Archlinux 32-bit
git: commit ab28d247c9eb1b683f04
https://github.com/pipelka/vdr-plugin-vn...its/master
Thanks for trying but it still doesn't work...

"WARNING: The following plugins have been left out due to really binary incompatibility: vnsiserver."

I'm using Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick 32bit for my VDR server, if that makes a difference.

Do I need the VDR source to compile the plugins?
ant_thomas Wrote:Thanks for trying but it still doesn't work...

"WARNING: The following plugins have been left out due to really binary incompatibility: vnsiserver."

I'm using Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick 32bit for my VDR server, if that makes a difference.

If you were to compile the plugins yourself, then yes you would need the VDR source.

To make the plugin work which I posted, you'd have to uninstall your currently installed VDR version and then install the debian package which I also attached to my previous post.

Obviously if you wouldn't be able to use any of your current VDR plugins - if you use any other than the VNSI server.
ant_thomas Wrote:Thanks for trying but it still doesn't work...

It depends do you have have vdr-dev installed or is it called vdr-dev_1.7.17 ?
if yes then you don't need the vdr source.

download vnsisever:
git clone git://github.com/pipelka/vdr-plugin-vnsiserver.git vdr-plugin-vnsiserver
cd vdr-plugin-vnsiserver
make DVBDIR=/usr VDRDIR=/usr/include/vdr LIBDIR=. LOCALEDIR=debian/tmp/usr/share/locale all

when it's done compiling copy libvdr-vnsiserver.so.1.7.17 and replace the old one in /usr/lib/vdr/plugins/
The best way to do this is to create a proper deb file, i don't know how to do this since i use Arch.
tiomo Wrote:If you were to compile the plugins yourself, then yes you would need the VDR source.

To make the plugin work which I posted, you'd have to uninstall your currently installed VDR version and then install the debian package which I also attached to my previous post.

Obviously if you wouldn't be able to use any of your current VDR plugins - if you use any other than the VNSI server.

Yeah, I'm using a number of plugins unfortunately.

Streamdev
Live
Eepg
SC
I've managed to get the guy who maintains the repo I'm using to move over to the VNSI soruce linked above and my EPG is now working great!
ant_thomas Wrote:I've managed to get the guy who maintains the repo I'm using to move over to the VNSI soruce linked above and my EPG is now working great!

I'm glad it all worked out for you Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC channel numbering changes (with vdr-vnsiserver))1