Possible to start a script in XBMC using Event Ghost?
Hello,

Is it possible, using Event Ghost (EG), a script, or something else to start a script in XBMC after XBMC has opened?

What I need to do is to open XBMC at a specific time (w/EG), start a script (w/?), stop script and/or exit XBMC sometime later (w/EG).

I could put the command to open said script in the autoexec.py in the userdata directory, but I do not want the script to open everytime I run XBMC.

I was hoping someone might know whether this was possible with EG XBMC plugins or something else that I could execute using EG?

Thanks for your help in advance,
Mark
You can create a custom key mapping to associate a keystroke of your choice with the RunScript function. See http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=List_of_Built_In_Functions for info on the RunScript function. You'd need something like:

Code:
<keymap>
  <global>
    <keyboard>
      <r mod="ctrl,shift">RunScript(C:\MyScripts\Myscript.py)</r>
    </keyboard>
  </global>
</keymap>

to associate ctrl-shift-R with the script. Change the keystroke to whatever suits you.

JR
Hi JR...

Thanks for the reply.

I am trying to figure out how associating the "runscript" command with a keystroke would get me what I want using Event Ghost.

Would I then just make a macro in Event Ghost to execute that keystroke and be good to go?

Thanks,
Mark
Alternately, you could you the Python Script action in EventGhost to call HTTPAPI or JSON. Here's an example of a Python script to do so with HTTPAPI:

Code:
import urllib2

urllib2.urlopen('http://localhost:8080/xbmcCmds/xbmcHttp?command=ExecuteBuiltIn(Runscript(yourscript.py))')
Making Eventghost send a keypress to XBMC seems an easy way to control XBMC as you can configure the keypress to do anything you want. As fade23 suggests, if Eventghost will run a Python script, and if you don't mind writing Python code, then this is another possibility.

JR
Thanks for the info. guys.

Mark

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Possible to start a script in XBMC using Event Ghost?0