XBMC Live crashes when starting to play video
Hi all,
I am new on the scene in regards to XBMc and am encountering a rather frustrating problem.

I have set my old pc-

FX-53 processor
Asus Sk8n Motherbaord
HIS3850 AGP Gfx card
3GB Ram

up as what I intend to be a media extender to stream avi files off my home server into my living room. Managed to install XBMC Live onto the PC and add the server location of the files into the corresponding libraries however when I try to play a file XBMC crashes and just restarts. I have managed to source a crash log file located below. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Tim

Pastebin

PS I am a complete noob with anything linux and most things PC :p
anyone any ideas please??

a test windows install on my main pc works fine so don' think its permission based?
Tim,
Did you ever get resolution to this problem? I only ask becasue a very similar situation has begun for me. Mine is selctive only occuring with large Gb video streams. DVDs play fine, but 1080p Blu-ray are hit or miss. Mostly miss.
XBMC Gotham via OpenElec 5.0.8
ASRock H87M-ITX
I3-4330 Haswell CPU
64GB SSD ADATA
4GB Team Elite DDR3
MI-008 Case
unRAID 5disks 18TB of awesome
TapRackPull Wrote:Tim,
Did you ever get resolution to this problem? I only ask becasue a very similar situation has begun for me. Mine is selctive only occuring with large Gb video streams. DVDs play fine, but 1080p Blu-ray are hit or miss. Mostly miss.

If you have an onboard Nvidia GPU and using VDPAU you may have missed to allocate enough RAM to the GPU itself.
Praesten Wrote:If you have an onboard Nvidia GPU and using VDPAU you may have missed to allocate enough RAM to the GPU itself.

OK, i'll bite, how in the world do I do that. I did not knowingly allocate any RAM for the GPU. So that sounds like a good place to start.
ASRock H87M-ITX
I3-4330 Haswell CPU
64GB SSD ADATA
4GB Team Elite DDR3
MI-008 Case
Praesten,
Nevermind the ask for how to... I found it in BIOS. That absolutely solved the probem. You are a God amongst men. +1Rep
ASRock H87M-ITX
I3-4330 Haswell CPU
64GB SSD ADATA
4GB Team Elite DDR3
MI-008 Case
I came across this forum in an attempt to solve this same issue. I am playing music and roaming the menus fine, but when I attempt to play video I get anywhere between 3-5 minutes in before the computer either automatically reboots or shuts down entirely. I looked everywhere I could think in the BIOS but didn't see any options for allocating the memory for graphics.

I have worked within Windows for many years but really just started playing with Linux in the past few weeks. Here is my rig:

Intel Q9550 Core 2 Quad 2.83 Gz
ASRock P43DE3
G-Skill F3-10666CL7Q-8GBXH
PNY GEForce 9800GT EE w/ 1GB Ram (could also use Zotac Ion 512mb)

Wasn't sure if it was better to use the graphics card with more memory, or the newer one that supports the newer version of Open GL (PNY = OpenSL 2.1 | Zotac = OpenSL 3.1)

Any help you could give with this would be greatly appreciated.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Live crashes when starting to play video1