[MOD] Horizontal Home Confluence (for git users)
loggio Wrote:Jezz
would it be too much trouble for you to upload a PVR version of this mod??
Smile hehe

Funny you should mention that I just did it for myself about 6 hours ago. But this one has the new recently added look (posted on page 1) and a few more fixes
(and again this needs a pretty darn recent git version of xbmc to work)

CLICK TO DOWNLOAD (PVR VERSION)
Honestly, after using for three days the horizontal mod, I went back to the classic view when I had to quickly use XBMC, rather than looking at and use XBMC. Just for the record, I don't know if it happens just because I really love the original layout, but in three days I could not get the same confidence that I've with the original skin.
UPDATED 5/5/11 DOWNLOAD LINKS REMOVED AS THIS IS NOW THE DEFAULT SKIN FOR XBMC

This is a mod of the current git master confluence skin to have a horizontal home menu (in the AEON style) instead of a vertical one and looks like this
(THIS WILL NOT WORK WITH DHARMA XBMC)

(click the images to get a 720p screenshot)

Changes in this version Include

More Recently added Items (they slide in and out depending on what has focus)

Redid all the coded flagging images to a unified style and added HD SD indicators to the list int he video library

Made the Thumbnail View a 3x5 grid instead of a 2x4 one

You will need at least XBMC compiled on Apr 19 2011 (Git:20110418-42298b8) it wont work with dharma builds

Known issue is until you have at least one add-on for each section in home going down from the main submenu will get the cursor lost on nothing. just keep pressing down or up and it will navigate past it
Could you add TvTunes support, please?
Would be awesome.
the pvr version from 5th May doesn't seem to have the latest changes in it, only the non-pvr version - can anyone confirm?
depends on what you mean by "latest changes" but I think I know what the issue might be I didn't bump the version number so it probably used a cached version of the skin (if you downloaded the original) look in your addons folder and manually delete it and a zip of it if it has one.

Or just manually copy it over instead of doing the "install by zip"
This is good looking. Will this be default in Eden?
That is the plan every thing except the home screen in already in the eden git and I have made a pull retest stating my intention to add the home screen in as well
Still a vertical option though, right (please, pretty please?!)
Addons I wrote &/or maintain:
OzWeather (Australian BOM weather) | Check Previous Episode | Playback Resumer | Unpause Jumpback | XSqueezeDisplay | (Legacy - XSqueeze & XZen)
Sorry, no help w/out a *full debug log*.
NOPE might be time to save your current version to a different skin Smile
asshep Wrote:Skin is great, thanks a lot.
There is one thing,
in Movie and Music Fanart view, the Fanart is covered by an ugly Info Page. As I remember, there was Option for disabling this Info Page, but I can't find it any more :-(
I'd like to know this too. It would be nice to set a transparency on the info screen so I could see my fan art.
Burgerboy Wrote:I'd like to know this too. It would be nice to set a transparency on the info screen so I could see my fan art.
Actually never mind. I just hooked my system up to the tv and I can see that there is a transparency on the info screen. It just wasn't showing very well when it was hooked up to my monitor.

Love the skin.
Jezz_X Wrote:NOPE might be time to save your current version to a different skin Smile

I've done that long ago for various tweaks but there's some of that nice new stuff I like....just not so much horizontal menus. Oh well, someone will likely do a mod...and it's no biggie. My father in law will be miffed though, he hates those horizontal ones.

Incidentally are you planning on integrating much else like clearart, time remaining etc? I.e. popular but relatively simple customisations? Just curious about the direction...
Addons I wrote &/or maintain:
OzWeather (Australian BOM weather) | Check Previous Episode | Playback Resumer | Unpause Jumpback | XSqueezeDisplay | (Legacy - XSqueeze & XZen)
Sorry, no help w/out a *full debug log*.
the addons dont display like in the mocks shown, or if its screenshots still my addons display in old way.
X3lectric Wrote:the addons dont display like in the mocks shown, or if its screenshots still my addons display in old way.

In the settings there is an option to add add-ons to the home page.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MOD] Horizontal Home Confluence (for git users)1