Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [S912] Minix Neo A2 remote support
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Aloha,
I'm a newbie, just starting my vast learning curve, regarding Kodi, and all the great possibilities of this platform. My problem, at the moment, is hat I purchased an Mecool BB2 box, and the remote is bad out of the box. I did get it up and running but I have a new Minix A2 remote that I want to use. I am having a problem getting it to work. If anyone has any tips, would be appreciated. I have the dongle plugged in the USB port of the box, but it doesn't seem to recognize It? Do you use Kodi to set these up. Seems the box would auto read the remote since it's using a USB port?
Hi, all bad news I'm afraid....

Mecool BB2 box, if this is an AMLogic S912 device - seriously send it back from where you bought it from. Worst device on the market for Kodi compatibility.

It will be a Firmware issue you have and I doubt you will get Firmware support from a cheap Android seller. Kodi cannot help you with Firmware.

The MINIX A2 Lite I have is the most compatible Wireless remote I've seen across all devices - Android, Linux/LibreELEC, OSX, Windows etc.
It just works with everything, Plug n Play.

ALL AMLogic S912 boxes have 1080p colorspace output issues as well resulting in darker than normal picture output.
Plus there are audio passthrough issues, the list goes on and on....

Send the device back or Ebay it and buy a Firmware supported device or an AML S905(x) device that can run a stable version of LibreELEC Kodi.

Please see this thread:

START HERE - Pick the Right Kodi Box (updated March 2017)
Thanks, just getting this now, I bought more than one, and am not having any issues with it streaming, seems OK, but did notice the darker than normal picture compared to other box, ( fireTV), and I thought that the S912 was the better of the the 905, since I saw a review and they were using the A2 while testing the BB2, although maybe it was being used through his computer, (Peter Carcione). Am just trying to get a box for long term, so I can have the same, and install a build and move on to other things. The remote in the box was defective from the start. Thanks, for the input.