Kodi Community Forum
WIP Windows 3D MVC Bluray test builds - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Kodi Application (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=93)
+--- Thread: WIP Windows 3D MVC Bluray test builds (/showthread.php?tid=265299)

RE: 3D Bluray - brazen1 - 2016-03-12

My bad.

http://pastebin.ca/3399165

Updated log.

RE: 3D Bluray - movie78 - 2016-03-12

(2016-03-12, 22:30)hdmkv Wrote: @movie78, I notice you have 'Adjust display refresh rate' disabled. That should be enabled to get proper 23.976... but, I'm also seeing your NUC's display at 1080p/24 (vs. 60). I'm going to retry w/my i5 w/'Adjust display refresh rate' disabled and see if I get a 3D picture vs. blank screen up to now.

Thanks!

Forget about that,looking better, i also disable a setting in the Intel Video card..

Still need to do some more testing...

RE: 3D Bluray - afedchin - 2016-03-12

(2016-03-12, 21:16)dchabby Wrote: no I did not do that so just tried and same results - no video or audio
So, just wait fix for Krypton...

(2016-03-12, 21:53)movie78 Wrote: Here is my setting, i just try to watch Mad Max is it was un-watchable, to blurry.

Intel Nuc i3 Skylake Video settings
I have no suggestions anymore...

(2016-03-12, 22:32)brazen1 Wrote: My bad.

Updated log.
You have deleted or uninstalled skin.estuary which is required to start Kodi. Make sure what you have this skin in addons folder.

RE: 3D Bluray - hdmkv - 2016-03-12

Even w/display refresh rate disabled, I still get no video, only audio... debug log. Intel graphics settings all like above.

RE: 3D Bluray - wizziwig - 2016-03-13

(2016-03-12, 04:15)dchabby Wrote: just tried the latest build on my HP Stream Mini with Celeron 2957U and just got a blank screen when trying both HSBS and MVC MKV files

hopefully this is the right link to the debug file - http://xbmclogs.com/pfyvcgtd8

tried to send link to my email but didn't receive it - let me know thanks

Unless Intel changed their driver policy, no regular Celeron CPU will do 3D frame packed output over HDMI in Windows. You need a Core M, i3, i5, i7, or certain Atom variants like Z37xx, N2820, etc. Your Celeron will only do 3D output in Linux but there is no Kodi build for that OS with 3D support.

(2016-03-12, 21:59)brazen1 Wrote: This is using a Xeon X5690 fwiw.

I want to confirm that if I see dc:msdk-mvc, it is hardware decoding and not software. Is this true?

Your Xeon CPU does not contain an integrated GPU that is required for hardware decoding. It is doing software decoding.

RE: 3D Bluray - brazen1 - 2016-03-13

(2016-03-12, 23:26)afedchin Wrote:
(2016-03-12, 21:16)dchabby Wrote: no I did not do that so just tried and same results - no video or audio
So, just wait fix for Krypton...

(2016-03-12, 21:53)movie78 Wrote: Here is my setting, i just try to watch Mad Max is it was un-watchable, to blurry.

(2016-03-12, 22:32)brazen1 Wrote: My bad.

Updated log.
You have deleted or uninstalled skin.estuary which is required to start Kodi. Make sure what you have this skin in addons folder.

@afedchin
I have not deleted or uninstalled anything?
I have figured out what the problem is though thanks to your hint.

When using the installer, if I uncheck options I get the error.
No use for PVR add-ons, skin add-ons, screensaver add-ons, etc.
If I leave every option checked, I don't.
Working now.
However, this is only true for builds after the 1st.
I can uncheck every install option using the 1st build and everything is ok.
Not these newer builds.
For some reason, especially the optional skin add-on, they are necessary to run as I've found out the hard way.
I read that in the log but thought that couldn't possibly be the problem.
Well, it is.
Thank you for your input. Much appreciated.

I have just tested Avatar again since it seems to be one of the titles discussed here having difficulty.
Using the newest build I can confirm it is flawless in playback including dtshdma passthrough, auto switching 3D MVC and returning to 2D when finished using a fully ripped iso.

Whatever code changes you made are absolutely on the right track.
This might become my mainstream htpc build.
Much more testing to do and becoming more enthusiastic to do it.

Lastly, please confirm:
I see dc:msdk-mvc when I press O.
Does these mean for sure I am Hardware Decoding?
If not, how can I make certain?

Thank you, thank you, thank you...........

edit. wiziwig. I see your answer. I figured as much but my CPU load does not increase?

RE: 3D Bluray - woronczak - 2016-03-13

(2016-03-11, 20:36)dchabby Wrote:
(2016-03-11, 12:47)woronczak Wrote: Now if only Netflix would create a remote friendly app (am using flix2kodi which works OK but not as good as the app).

this could be the app you are looking for - http://sticky-ux.com/apps/NetflixRemoteController/

I forgot about that one - the Metro app has better picture and 5.1 sound. Still a bit clunky, but works better!

Cheers

RE: 3D Bluray - movie78 - 2016-03-13

(2016-03-12, 23:26)afedchin Wrote:

Enabling the refresh rate and Disabling every setting seems to have help...

Looking good..

There are a few things that are not working,is not not related to MVC,so i'am not going to bring it up...

RE: 3D Bluray - dchabby - 2016-03-13

new computer -new log - http://xbmclogs.com/pkrzjtsej

at least I get sound here but no 3d. running on my laptop with an i5-3210m

will mention that I have played 3d on this laptop with powerdvd

Tested dozens of full MVC 3D iso's with no problems and at this point don't care if it's decoding in software or hardware.
It is providing seamless playback for 3D and eliminates the need for an external player like PDVD..... almost.
There are some issues but as it evolves, with enough interest, perhaps afedchin would consider further improvements.

Highest on my list would be this code integrates into KODI windows main branch, provides menu support, and can be skinned.
Perhaps afedchin can discuss it with the KODI Windows Dev(s) and make this happen?
This has always been the missing piece to complete KODI imo.
Sure would be nice........

RE: 3D Bluray - KrispyKreme - 2016-03-13

(2016-03-12, 11:55)woronczak Wrote: You shouldn't have to put the dll in the folder (I didn't) - I think that is only supposed to be for non-Intel hardware (in which case it would software decode)

What exact hardware are you using? I have an intel NUC DN2820 with 4GB Ram ( I think it is 4 - might be 2). Connected to Amp / TV by HDMI cable which is 3d certified 1.4a
What OS are you using? I have Windows 8.1
How did you create your 3d files? MakeMKV rips ? If isos, what did you rip them with?
(Most of my files are MakeMKV rips; my isos were created by Any DVD HD)

This is what I did:
1. Ensure that your drivers are up to date for the Intel integrated graphics and audio
2. Ensure that in the resolution settings for Windows, that the option for enable stereoscopic playback is checked. I chose the Windows resolution as 1920*1080 at 23hz (I seem to remember with earlier builds that this seemed to make a difference, but I'm not sure that it does anymore - give that a try anyways)
3. Install Intel_Media_SDK_2016.msi from Intel website
4. In Kodi, Settings - System - Video Output - I have made Preferred 3d mode = Hardware decoding (I don't use other 3d movie types anyways)
5. In Kodi, Settings - Videos- Playback - set Adjust Display Refresh Rate to always
6. In Kodi, Settings - Videos - Playback - Playback of stereoscopic 3d movies is set to "Preferred mode"
7. In Kodi Settings - Videos - Acceleration ensure that Decode stereo videos is checked
8. For Audio, I have set output to HDMI passthrough (and my amp accepts DTS-HD / TrueHD) - do you use an amplifier?
9. When running the video, under the 3d settings, make sure that it says "hardware decoding" (pause the video and click on the 3D icon and change the mode if it is not correct)

Does it switch to 3d Mode properly (Frame Packing) - what screen or projector are you using?

If that doesn't work, maybe whatever hardware combination you have doesn't support it. On my NUC, it works fine.
Well I've tried everything and still did not get a successful result. I just don't understand why. For some reason, the video is not being decoded in the hardware. Thats with both ISO and MVC files. I've tried both. Even when I play them back in 2D I still get stuttering. I'm using Windows 8.1 with HDMI to a 55" Panasonic ST60. It seems to go into 3D mode just fine and even the audio plays back fine but the video stutters, slow and lagging behind the audio. All my settings are correct after reading the thread several times and I have the latest Intel Media SDK 2016 installed. This one truly has be baffled especially considering we have the same processor (Intel N2820) and RAM (4GB) and yours works perfectly. I know its capable of doing it cause I've played 3D ISO on the computer before smoothly before so I've gotten a little frustrated. Any other suggestions or reasons I can try?

RE: 3D Bluray - nickr - 2016-03-13

Suggestion: debug log (wiki)

@KrispyKreme

Are you plugged into HDMI 1?
Use fullscreen window = disabled
Are you using the 3rd and latest version of the install? KodiSetup-20160311-56861b8-msdk_mvc2.exe
You do not need the .dll.
Intel Media SDK 2016 is 1.7 (Intel®_Media_SDK_2016.0.1) info in programs folder.
Did you register with Intel to get an email link?
D/L is Intel_Media_SDK_2016.msi from link.

Ok so here a debug log
http://xbmclogs.com/p501ugkiu

(2016-03-13, 04:50)brazen1 Wrote: @KrispyKreme

Are you plugged into HDMI 1?
Use fullscreen window = disabled
Are you using the 3rd and latest version of the install? KodiSetup-20160311-56861b8-msdk_mvc2.exe
You do not need the .dll.
Intel Media SDK 2016 is 1.7 (Intel®_Media_SDK_2016.0.1) info in programs folder.
Did you register with Intel to get an email link?
D/L is Intel_Media_SDK_2016.msi from link.

I have done of all that. I posted my debug log on the last post. Check it out