• 22(current)
WIP Windows 3D MVC Bluray test builds
I can also concur that both 3d MVC and isos play perfectly in 3d at 23.976hz with HD audio on an i3 4010u nuc on an LG plasma TV and benq w1070 projector. I haven't checked this updated version on my celeron dn2820 nuc, but I think it would work the same ( as the previous kodi versions had the same problems; I will test later).

Thanks+++

Now if only Netflix would create a remote friendly app (am using flix2kodi which works OK but not as good as the app).
How's everyone's Windows builds booting up? Can you configure it similarly to OpenElec where it loads straight into Kodi? I don't want silly Windows loading screens if at all possible.

Currently the only reason why I haven't switched to Windows. Maybe someone could record a short video?
A Video Demo?
I will try and do one this weekend, Picture is going to that great because i am using a phone camera.

For Windows to startup with Kodi,here is one option http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=136798
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
(2016-03-11, 10:47)Dave the Minion Wrote: The wrong subtitle position, is that the few times the subs go all wacky across the screen?
Yes, it is.

(2016-03-11, 11:35)cyberman Wrote: will there be a version for Linux (AMD, Intel) in near future?

Do I understand this right that I don't need any special hardware for this version, only Windows? And it plays MKV MVC directly via HDMI?
1. Perhaps, but I don't promise
2. You need 3D-capable display, 3D-capable GPU and Win8 and later.

(2016-03-11, 11:59)timstephens24 Wrote: Question about naming scheme...
o that's what I'd like to keep it as, but I'm flexible since it's just a simple rename with regex to get the names changed to what I want.
Will be added in next build.
(2016-03-11, 08:37)afedchin Wrote:
(2016-03-11, 01:10)timstephens24 Wrote: I
No need to reinstall driver. Go to Windows Control Panel, open Intel Graphics and Media Control Panel then disable any enchantments in Video section.

That did it..

Thanks!

Quote:New Krypton MVC for Windows build: March 11 (+pdb)

Fixes:
Fixed crash in video player. Working
Fixed wrong subtitles position. Not Tested yet

Known issues:
Sometimes Kodi doesn't exit from 3D stereo mode if windowed mode is used.

Kodi does exit in full screen!!
The Audio selection in Kodi doesn't work( I guess that is Krypton issue)

Looking good, Keep up the good work!!
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
(2016-03-11, 12:47)woronczak Wrote: I haven't checked this updated version on my Celeron dn2820 nuc, but I think it would work the same ( as the previous kodi versions had the same problems; I will test later).

So this works on Intel Celeron DN2820 NUC, this is good to know, now I might have to rethink my option, maybe buy the Intel Braswell Celeron (N3050) NUC, Which is only $127 on Amazon
The N3050 doesn't support 3D according to the intel site.

Edit: actually quite a lot of the NUC processors don't support the Intel tru 3D function, not sure if it's required or just been added from a certain series onwards.
These are the Hardware requirements that I found on Intel Media SDK site.

I don't if its accurate...

Quote:Intel® 64 architecture processors with support for Intel® Streaming
SIMD Extensions 2 instructions – for running software implementation of the
Media SDK Library.
 Hardware acceleration is available through hardware implementations of the
Media SDK Library coming with Intel® IrisTM and HD Graphics Driver for
Microsoft* Windows* 7/8.1/10 on platforms with:
o 3rd Generation Intel® CoreTM processors,
o 4th Generation Intel® CoreTM processors,
o 5th Generation Intel® CoreTM processors,
o 6th Generation Intel® CoreTM processors,
o Intel® CoreTM M processors,
o Selected SKUs of Intel® CeleronTM and Intel® PentiumTM processors
with Intel HD Graphics which support Intel® Quick Sync Video.
o Selected SKUs of Intel® AtomTM processors with Intel® HD Graphics
which support Intel Quick Sync Video.
 For S3D display functionality using igfx_s3dcontrol library:
1. 2nd Generation Intel Core Processors with Intel HD Graphics
3000/2000 or later
2. HDMI* 1.4, eDP* 1.1 or similar based monitor/TV as primary display
3. Active shutter glasses
 Microsoft* Windows* 7, Microsoft Windows 8.1, Microsoft Windows 10 and
updates.
 For Microsoft DirectX* 11 functionality - Microsoft Windows 8.1, Microsoft
Windows 10 and updates
Ah I see.... Seems quick sync video and hdmi 1.4 is the deciding factor then.

Certainly makes for some cheaper options.... Any joy with Xbox streaming?
(2016-03-11, 18:30)Nelbert Wrote: Ah I see.... Seems quick sync video and hdmi 1.4 is the deciding factor then.

Certainly makes for some cheaper options.... Any joy with Xbox streaming?

Will test the XBOXONE this weekendBlush
(2016-03-11, 16:12)movie78 Wrote: So this works on Intel Celeron DN2820 NUC, this is good to know, now I might have to rethink my option, maybe buy the Intel Braswell Celeron (N3050) NUC, Which is only $127 on Amazon

The only problem is the N3050 is not supporting HD audio passthrough using windows, since intel does not offer proper drivers: https://communities.intel.com/thread/778...0&tstart=0
(2016-03-11, 18:56)bollstedt Wrote:
(2016-03-11, 16:12)movie78 Wrote: So this works on Intel Celeron DN2820 NUC, this is good to know, now I might have to rethink my option, maybe buy the Intel Braswell Celeron (N3050) NUC, Which is only $127 on Amazon

The only problem is the N3050 is not supporting HD audio passthrough using windows, since intel does not offer proper drivers: https://communities.intel.com/thread/778...0&tstart=0

But HD audio passthrough works on the Intel Celeron DN2820 NUC, Damn you IntelAngry

Ok back to the regular schedule..
(2016-03-11, 11:40)timstephens24 Wrote: Verified that the video player is now working.
Verified that the subtitle in Avengers that was messing up is now working properly.

Did you have any other titles with those wacky subs? I've looked up a few from my library you can test if you have them.

Avatar (Panasonic Exclusive, may differ from retail?) - 46:35
Captain America: The Winter Soldier - 7.25
John Carter - Can't remember the exact scene
Pixels - 32:57
Transformers: Age of Extinction - 1:06:06
X-Men: Days of Future Past - 52:15

(2016-03-11, 11:40)timstephens24 Wrote: I also don't have an issue with exiting 3D.

Are you using Windowed of True Fullscreen mode?

(2016-03-11, 11:59)timstephens24 Wrote: Question about naming scheme...

Currently I have everything named:
'Movie Name (Year) [Resolution Codec Source Audio].3D.MVC.mkv'
EX 'Jurassic World (2015) [1080p AVC BluRay DTS-HD MA 7.1].3D.MVC.mkv'

I want the 3D tag to show up in the skin, so I tried adding SBS to the name and that just ended up with the video being displayed as SBS. I tried adding TAB to the name and that just ended up with the video being displayed as TAB. Any advice? I tried looking it up, but MVC works with the RPi2 so that's what I'd like to keep it as, but I'm flexible since it's just a simple rename with regex to get the names changed to what I want.

Having a 3D icon show up in your skin is based on the skin. The default naming scheme in Kodi to achieve this, well, sucks. You might have better luck asking the developer of the skin you use to add some extra tags for naming so your Bluray3D icon comes up when Bluray3D is in the filename like I have in my custom skin. All the sbs/tab/hou tricks now seem to be backfiring.
(2016-03-11, 13:35)movie78 Wrote: A Video Demo?
I will try and do one this weekend, Picture is going to that great because I am using a phone camera.

For Windows to startup with Kodi, here is one option http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=136798

PS: Tested Launcher4Kodi on the Intel Nuc with Windows 10 and its working.
Windows boot, login splash screen for a quick second then Kodi start.
(2016-03-11, 03:22)movie78 Wrote: PS: Found out that the memory that was ship the i3 NUC is not compatible, the why i was having all kinds of issue..
New memory coming tomorrow.

Is this the free memory Newegg is giving away with the NUC that is not compatible??
  • 22(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Windows 3D MVC Bluray test builds5