Kodi Community Forum
Android Sony Bravia Smart TVs (2015) based on Android TV - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=222)
+--- Forum: Hardware (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=112)
+--- Thread: Android Sony Bravia Smart TVs (2015) based on Android TV (/showthread.php?tid=229348)

RE: KODI on Sony Bravia Smart TVs (2015) based on Android TV - Theetjuh - 2016-03-19

The x85c works perfectly with the PT version of Jarvis (v16) by Koying.

KODI on Sony Bravia Smart TVs (2015) based on Android TV - schweppy - 2016-03-19

Will that version be added to the main Jarvis build at some stage?

RE: KODI on Sony Bravia Smart TVs (2015) based on Android TV - Theetjuh - 2016-03-19

Nope, but I heard it will be ported into Krypton (v17)

RE: KODI on Sony Bravia Smart TVs (2015) based on Android TV - jasmart - 2016-03-19

(2016-03-19, 14:59)schweppy Wrote: Haha i'd love one of the recently released versions models but from the prices im seeing (£2-3k) it looks like they are keeping the X85 as the lower end at £1kHuh
As Hannes said there were plenty with issues. Speaking personally, mines been fine. I think a lot of the problems were where people make use of he inbuilt tuner or sat. I use a SkyHD box and a PS4 both on HDMI and it works great. Kodi with PlexKodiConnect from Android works perfectly.

KODI on Sony Bravia Smart TVs (2015) based on Android TV - schweppy - 2016-03-20

So Koyings v16 plus keymap editor for context menu, info and home.

Anything else worth doing?

Have been using Kodi on a Fire TV so should be fine with side loading via ADBFire.

Is there a better way for transferring advanced and gui settings?

RE: KODI on Sony Bravia Smart TVs (2015) based on Android TV - jasmart - 2016-03-20

I've sideloaded different versions of Kodi using ES File Explorer which is on the Google Play Store directly. This gives you access to your home network, to Dropbox and the TV's android file structure.

I had missed Koyings branch. I'm currently using the standard stable release installed from the Play Store. I may look into that if there's additional benefit on the passthrough formats.

As you say there, I use the keymap editor add-on in Kodi to add the context menu and the codec info to remote buttons. Standard info works on select (I think) and I use back to get to the home menus.

RE: KODI on Sony Bravia Smart TVs (2015) based on Android TV - sakos - 2016-03-20

(2016-03-19, 19:36)Theetjuh Wrote: The x85c works perfectly with the PT version of Jarvis (v16) by Koying.
Have they solved the AC3 640kbps problem?

KODI 16.1 on android TV no audio only sound - LaSirena68 - 2016-03-20

I went to expert settings level and the options under acceleration are

allow hardware acceleration - amcodec
"" - MediaCodec (Surface)
" " - MediaCodec

the only option chosen is (Surface)

it is still not showing video. I only hear sound.

Please help!

RE: KODI on Sony Bravia Smart TVs (2015) based on Android TV - piotr - 2016-03-21

Sony Bravia KDL-55W805C: Kodi 15 was perfect, played everything. Upgraded to Kodi 16 and now I have issues with LiveTV (Ziggo DVB-C h.264 1080P). Picture is stuttering/in slow motion. Did I miss a crucial setting ?

RE: KODI on Sony Bravia Smart TVs (2015) based on Android TV - sakos - 2016-03-21

(2016-03-21, 09:18)piotr Wrote: Sony Bravia KDL-55W805C: Kodi 15 was perfect, played everything. Upgraded to Kodi 16 and now I have issues with LiveTV (Ziggo DVB-C h.264 1080P). Picture is stuttering/in slow motion. Did I miss a crucial setting ?
Hi mate,

I have the same problem. I think this is the most severe issue with Kodi 16. See my post. You can find the opened ticket.
Try to add a comment to my ticket if it helps to prioritize the fix.

RE: KODI on Sony Bravia Smart TVs (2015) based on Android TV - down_under_dude - 2016-03-21

(2016-03-18, 13:31)sakos Wrote:
(2016-03-17, 04:49)down_under_dude Wrote: Any suggestions? I am now at a loss as to what to do next.
If the TV speakers are on then the you will have only 2 channels digital output. Switch off the TV speakers in the action menu to resolve the problem.

The TV speakers are turned off...

RE: KODI on Sony Bravia Smart TVs (2015) based on Android TV - down_under_dude - 2016-03-21

(2016-03-17, 21:08)jasmart Wrote:
(2016-03-17, 04:49)down_under_dude Wrote: Hi, I just purchased a new receiver to hook up to my Sony Bravia 55W800, as I could not seem to get surround sound with my previous kit. I now have a Yamaha RX-V579 ... and STILL have no joy.

Setup is Kodi 16.0 - vanilla from Playstore.
Connection - ARC ... also tried optic fibre
Both TV and amp are on latest release of firmware.
I am using a test file that has Dolby 5.1 from here: http://www.demo-world.eu/download-2d-trailers/?file=dolby_digital_plus_channel_check_lossless-DWEU.mkv&pic=dolby_digital_plus_channel_check_lossless.jpg

I have tried the Audio Out setting on the TV... started with PCM, also tried Auto.
In Kodi System settings, have tried 5.1, 7.1, 2.0 channels. Tried Passthrough on/off...

All I get is everything going to front & centre speakers ... nothing to surround (or back)

Having been stumped on this for months... and out of pocket for a new spiffy amp... I am in serious need of help ;-)

One thing that puzzles me ... on Kodi's System/Audio settings, the top line which indicates the output device... this is greyed out. Is that normal with the Android TV setup? I know my friend who runs Kodi on a Rasberry Pi sees his amp details here.. I do not... should I?

Final detail - not sure it's relevant... I have my movie files on my Win7 PC, I connect wireless from Bravia to PC. Works more or less fine (Kodi and Plex) - apart from lack of surround sound This is the one thing in common between my previous HTS (A Samsung HT-BD2) and my new kit, the Yamaha. So... just wondering if somehow this may the root cause of all my problems?

Any suggestions? I am now at a loss as to what to do next.

The fact your files are on a Windows PC connected wirelessly will not be a factor.

I know this is a Kodi thread, but just for testing I'd say limit the variables. So try your test file from a USB stick directly in the TV and play via in built Sony Video app first. Once you've confirmed that works we can move to Kodi to diagnose.

1) Stick with ARC over HDMI. Are you certain you are in the correct HDMI port? Not all the ports will support ARC.
2) Do you have another HDMI cable you could try? It's not unknown for certain ones not to support ARC. Maybe this was also a common factor.
3) On the TV, set those Audio settings to Auto 1. Then go to sounds/advanced setting/input related and put Dolby Dynamic range and/or HE-AAC dynamic range both on STANDARD.

Thanks for the useful suggestions...: I think read in the manual that files on USB get down-mixed to 2 channels... so I did not pursue that (I had thought of it but abandoned the idea when I saw the comment in the user manual. Maybe I'll try anyway...)

Re your other thoughts:
1) Yes I am connected to the ARC-supported HDMI port - HDMI-4
2) Will try another cable... I have not used ARC before, so this is a possible cause
3) I have set TV Digital Audio Out to Auto-1... but I am not sure this applies to ARC ... I thought it was specifically for the optical out... could be wrong. I have tried all 3 settings anyway...

Another I had overnight... to eliminate all things Kodi, I thought I could sign up for Netflix, and see if streaming a movie might give me at least 5.1

I have also experimented with the gazillion audio options on the amp. I have been advised by a friend that these Yamaha receivers can be quite challenging to set up correctly.

Hopefully, after all that, we can get back to the Kodi on Android topic ;-) It does strike me that some folk here are happily achieving much more ambitious results (4K, 3D etc...) All I want is basic surround sound... and am pretty sure that the Playstore version of Kodi should deliver that! I don't particularly want to go down the custom side loading route - yet...

RE: KODI on Sony Bravia Smart TVs (2015) based on Android TV - optico - 2016-03-21

(2016-03-21, 09:37)sakos Wrote:
(2016-03-21, 09:18)piotr Wrote: Sony Bravia KDL-55W805C: Kodi 15 was perfect, played everything. Upgraded to Kodi 16 and now I have issues with LiveTV (Ziggo DVB-C h.264 1080P). Picture is stuttering/in slow motion. Did I miss a crucial setting ?
Hi mate,

I have the same problem. I think this is the most severe issue with Kodi 16. See my post. You can find the opened ticket.

Similar for audio PT with 55X8508C, after Kodi 15.2 no more DD & DTS on the AV receiver. The strange thing is that I cannot even have available the options for PT and dd and dts capable receiver anymore with expert mode selected so it shall mean that whatever has been changed from 15 to the new builds maybe is responsible for the behavior.

RE: KODI on Sony Bravia Smart TVs (2015) based on Android TV - Theetjuh - 2016-03-21

(2016-03-20, 22:38)sakos Wrote:
(2016-03-19, 19:36)Theetjuh Wrote: The x85c works perfectly with the PT version of Jarvis (v16) by Koying.
Have they solved the AC3 640kbps problem?
Haven't had a reply that it was fixed, so guess not...

RE: KODI on Sony Bravia Smart TVs (2015) based on Android TV - sakos - 2016-03-21

(2016-03-21, 13:56)optico Wrote:
(2016-03-21, 09:37)sakos Wrote:
Hi mate,

Similar for audio PT with 55X8508C, after Kodi 15.2 no more DD & DTS on the AV receiver. The strange thing is that I cannot even have available the options for PT and dd and dts capable receiver anymore with expert mode selected so it shall mean that whatever has been changed from 15 to the new builds maybe is responsible for the behavior.
I cannot see how your problem is similar to the Live TV issue you replied on.
Anyway, the DD and DTS are more or less working in Kodi 16 and you can also test with the PT (passtrough) version of Kodi 16. See previous post from Theetjuh.