Kodi Community Forum
WIP Windows 3D MVC Bluray test builds - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Kodi Application (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=93)
+--- Thread: WIP Windows 3D MVC Bluray test builds (/showthread.php?tid=265299)

RE: Windows 3D MVC Bluray test builds - Skank - 2016-03-21

Aha! Ok will test in a few minutes

RE: Windows 3D MVC Bluray test builds - brazen1 - 2016-03-21

(2016-03-21, 20:43)brazen1 Wrote: W10 & NVIDIA issue. I'm at the end of my rope!

I'm using Windows desktop at 60Hz refresh rate.
In KODI, match refresh rate switches to 24Hz when starting a title as it should since everything is indeed 24Hz.
Nvidia thinks anything 24Hz is 3D so it tells my display to go into 3D MVC mode flashing the confirmation briefly on screen.
This is fine for 3D MVC titles.
This is not fine for 2D titles although they display ok.
This is not fine for 3D SBS titles because it's stuck in 3D MVC mode and can't even manually select SBS mode.

This can't be a KODI problem though. If I manually select 24Hz in Windows desktop, it still switches into 3D MVC.
I addressed and fixed this as noted in my 3D guide but it will not apply using this build and it's methods so I'm stuck!

Lastly, Nvidia Control Panel only shows 24Hz or 23Hz for 3D refresh rate options.
Desktop (native) options only shows 60Hz, 59Hz, and 29Hz? There is no 24Hz option?
Yet in Windows Display Adapter Properties/List All Modes, 24Hz is an option and functional.

Please, someone confirm or deny any or all of this.
Thank you kindly.

Possible fix if it could be added as a switch in KODI core under Settings/Video/Nvidia Users (Only!) Enable/Disable

"C:\Program Files (x86)\NVIDIA Corporation\3D Vision\nvstlink.exe" /enable
(This should only switch when 3D MVC is recognized upon playback)

"C:\Program Files (x86)\NVIDIA Corporation\3D Vision\nvstlink.exe" /disable
(This should switch when playback is finished)

SBS, TAB, and 2D sources unaffected and work as intended.
Tested and confirmed.

(2016-03-21, 20:44)Skank Wrote:
(2016-03-21, 13:55)afedchin Wrote: New Krypton MVC Windows build: March 21 (+pdb)

Fixed:
  • Forcing change resolution to 1080p23 before switching to stereoscopic 3D mode. This may fix an issue when switching to S3D mode is denied by driver.
  • Possible fix for switching back to monoscopic mode when use full screen window.
  • Now Kodi properly handle BluRays where exteded view is a left eye view.
  • Other fixes and improvements from Krypton branch.

The OP was updated.

That first part, to force resolution that might fix when it is denied by driver, this might fix on amd?

Tested an amd a6
Now movie plays again but in 2d
No 3d
I dont think its using decoder cause i dont see a 3d button either.
Log http://xbmclogs.com/pvsqskjjf

RE: Windows 3D MVC Bluray test builds - afedchin - 2016-03-21

(2016-03-21, 21:58)Skank Wrote: Tested an amd a6
No 3d
Did you download and extract libmfx32 to Kodi folder? Seems you didn't do that.
Quote:ERROR: CDVDVideoCodecMFX::Init: MSDK not available

(2016-03-21, 22:02)afedchin Wrote:
(2016-03-21, 21:58)Skank Wrote: Tested an amd a6
No 3d
Did you download and extract libmfx32 to Kodi folder? Seems you didn't do that.
Quote:ERROR: CDVDVideoCodecMFX::Init: MSDK not available

Yes i did, oh just realize, would it be gone since i reinstalled kodi? Fuck retrying lol

error exception caught on main loop

http://xbmclogs.com/pbhv8cbrs
crashlog
https://www.dropbox.com/s/xvxh2s4148edx6b/kodi_crashlog-17.0-ALPHA1%20Git_20160321-592f81d-20160321-210844.dmp?dl=0

RE: Windows 3D MVC Bluray test builds - afedchin - 2016-03-21

still MSDK not available and please enable debug logging.

(2016-03-21, 23:15)afedchin Wrote: still MSDK not available and please enable debug logging.

Strange
I've put the dll file at same place as before.. C:\program files (x86)\kodi\
It worked on non 3d display there..

RE: Windows 3D MVC Bluray test builds - Karnis - 2016-03-22

(2016-03-21, 20:43)brazen1 Wrote: W10 & NVIDIA issue. I'm at the end of my rope!

I'm using Windows desktop at 60Hz refresh rate.
In KODI, match refresh rate switches to 24Hz when starting a title as it should since everything is indeed 24Hz.
Nvidia thinks anything 24Hz is 3D so it tells my display to go into 3D MVC mode flashing the confirmation briefly on screen.
This is fine for 3D MVC titles.
This is not fine for 2D titles although they display ok.
This is not fine for 3D SBS titles because it's stuck in 3D MVC mode and can't even manually select SBS mode.

This can't be a KODI problem though. If I manually select 24Hz in Windows desktop, it still switches into 3D MVC.
I addressed and fixed this as noted in my 3D guide but it will not apply using this build and it's methods so I'm stuck!

Lastly, Nvidia Control Panel only shows 24Hz or 23Hz for 3D refresh rate options.
Desktop (native) options only shows 60Hz, 59Hz, and 29Hz? There is no 24Hz option?
Yet in Windows Display Adapter Properties/List All Modes, 24Hz is an option and functional.

Please, someone confirm or deny any or all of this.
Thank you kindly.

GT720 and Win 10 here. When stereoscopic 3D is enabled in the nvidia control panel, 24Hz becomes exclusive to 3D, correct. Its called blu ray mode. 60Hz is only available in 720p as a 3D resolution.

You are also correct anything played back at 23/24 Hz triggers 3D mode in Kodi, even when forced to 2D in the video menu.

RE: Windows 3D MVC Bluray test builds - hdmkv - 2016-03-22

@movie78, can you test 'Rio' or 'Drive Angry' on your DN2820 NUC and report back if you get the pixellation I did?

Or, here's a 5-minute sample ISO I created w/tsMuxeR; please test it out guys.

As @afedchin replied it's likely a hardware decoder issue, I did the following, all with March 21 build...
  • Re-tested on my DN2820 NUC, and same pixellation issue
  • Tested on my i5, and same pixellation issue
  • Tested with 3x different graphics drivers on i5, and same pixellation issue*
*Intel's driver situation seems to be a bit of a mess! Going to device manager and driver properties updated to a certain 'latest' version that caused awful tearing (same version as via Windows update). Going to Intel's website and downloading/installing latest (for Win10, what I have) for Intel HD4400 was yet another 'latest' version that gave me blank screen with 3D. Finally, using Intel's driver utility app gave me the 'right latest' version (I think) that allowed 'proper' 3D playback. Seems like we should trust Intel's driver utility over other methods.

BTW, both titles above play fine via HiMedia Q5 (current-gen) and Q10 Pro (due early April)... I have a best-tester sample unit of latter.

On a positive note, did want to mention left/right eye swap works great w/March 21 build as @afedchin mentioned.

RE: Windows 3D MVC Bluray test builds - wesk05 - 2016-03-22

(2016-03-22, 01:53)hdmkv Wrote: @movie78, can you test 'Rio' or 'Drive Angry' on your DN2820 NUC and report back if you get the pixellation I did?
As @afedchin replied it's likely a hardware decoder issue, I did the following, all with March 21 build...
You saved me $20 Smile I only had Rio 2. I was going to get Rio to test it on my i5 4570S system. I will test the sample tonight and report.

RE: Windows 3D MVC Bluray test builds - hdmkv - 2016-03-22

Thanks... my 'Rio' and 'Drive Angry' copies were originally ripped via MakeMKV to MVC MKV's, then later converted to 3D ISO's via tsMuxeR. I was lazy to re-rip my originals discs. Don't know if this container conversion introduced an issue? In any case, both play perfectly via HiMedia players.

If above (sample from 'Drive Angry') plays fine for you, others, I'll upload a sample of 'Rio'. If that plays fine too, I need a different NUC Smile.

RE: Windows 3D MVC Bluray test builds - timstephens24 - 2016-03-22

I tested out your sample file, and it's pixelated on mine. I played my copy of Rio and I didn't see any pixelation in the first few minutes.

RE: Windows 3D MVC Bluray test builds - movie78 - 2016-03-22

(2016-03-22, 01:53)hdmkv Wrote: @movie78, can you test 'Rio' or 'Drive Angry' on your DN2820 NUC and report back if you get the pixellation I did?

Or, here's a 5-minute sample ISO I created w/tsMuxeR; please test it out guys.

• Re-tested on my DN2820 NUC, and same pixellation issue
  • Tested on my i5, and same pixellation issue
  • Tested with 3x different graphics drivers on i5, and same pixellation issue*
*Intel's driver situation seems to be a bit of a mess! Going to device manager and driver properties updated to a certain 'latest' version that caused awful tearing (same version as via Windows update). Going to Intel's website and downloading/installing latest (for Win10, what I have) for Intel HD4400 was yet another 'latest' version that gave me blank screen with 3D. Finally, using Intel's driver utility app gave me the 'right latest' version (I think) that allowed 'proper' 3D playback. Seems like we should trust Intel's driver utility over other methods.

BTW, both titles above play fine via HiMedia Q5 (current-gen) and Q10 Pro (due early April)... I have a best-tester sample unit of latter.

On a positive note, did want to mention left/right eye swap works great w/March 21 build as @afedchin mentioned.

Tested out your Drive Angry and had Pixellation with all release version (March 11,13 Green screen,15 and March 21)
ReRip my own and had no pixellation

Did a few test with all release build on the DN2820 with Drive Angry and A Turtle Tales
March 11th = Plays fine No Audio out of sync
March 13th = Green Screen
March 15th = Audio out of sync
March 21st = Audio out of sync

I'm i the only one having AUDIO OUT SYNC with the latest version?

RE: Windows 3D MVC Bluray test builds - wesk05 - 2016-03-22

(2016-03-22, 02:46)hdmkv Wrote: Thanks... my 'Rio' and 'Drive Angry' copies were originally ripped via MakeMKV to MVC MKV's, then later converted to 3D ISO's via tsMuxeR. I was lazy to re-rip my originals discs. Don't know if this container conversion introduced an issue? In any case, both play perfectly via HiMedia players.

If above (sample from 'Drive Angry') plays fine for you, others, I'll upload a sample of 'Rio'. If that plays fine too, I need a different NUC Smile.
Tested 'Drive Angry' sample. I got two problems: 1) Pixelation and 2) Video freeze
I found pixelation consistently at the 'Summit' logo and then variably at other places. For me the video froze at about 40sec while the audio continued. After a seek, video would resume. An MVC MKV converted from this sample worked fine (no pixelation or video freeze).

(2016-03-22, 05:05)movie78 Wrote: I'm i the only one having AUDIO OUT SYNC with the latest version?
I may have noticed audio being out of sync may be by a few milliseconds (<50). Can't say for sure.